Author Topic: 2014 NBA Draft Discussion Thread  (Read 112281 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Draft Discussion Thread
« Reply #360 on: March 14, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Ennis is going to be a good pro for some team picking in the lottery. He has the whole package, minus the blazing speed.

Warren has a nifty slashing game, that wrecks college defenses. Will it translate to the pros? I'm not sure. His outside shot is streaky with a slow release. Thats where the Pierce comparisons should end. Warren doesn't have the playmaking or defense that Pierce had/has. I would still be tempted to grab him at 18.

Jerami Grant looks like he is not worthy of a 1st round pick. He is a power forward in the body of a small forward. He's not exactly an animal on the boards either.

« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Check out my latest nba mock draft here, http://www.thepickandpop.com/2014/03/27/nba-mock-draft-3-0/

As always please let me know your comments and thank you in advance for the support.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Check out my latest nba mock draft here, http://www.thepickandpop.com/2014/03/27/nba-mock-draft-3-0/

As always please let me know your comments and thank you in advance for the support.

Overall looks good!! I have a hard time believing WCS will slide all the way down to 18. Having said that, someone has to slide there.

One criticism is that the page takes a while to load probably due to all the gifs. I didn't have enough patience to let them load. I would rather click on YouTube clips if i really wanted to see the examples.

« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2014, 02:07:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Overall looks good!! I have a hard time believing WCS will slide all the way down to 18. Having said that, someone has to slide there.

One criticism is that the page takes a while to load probably due to all the gifs. I didn't have enough patience to let them load. I would rather click on YouTube clips if i really wanted to see the examples.
Thanks a lot. That is a good point on the gifs. It was much longer than normal because we covered the entire first where with the first two mocks we only did the lottery.

As to Willy Cauley-Stein I think he ends up going in the lottery but I don't see anyone after Cleveland at 9 going for a developmental center prospect until Atlanta at 15, but since I wasn't the one who made that pick (my co author went with Nurkic) then I think it made sense for him to slip to 18. However if Phoenix is able to get the last playoff spot and move Dallas into the lottery I think they would 100% pick WCS.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just read that article that Evan linked about Jusuf Nurkic, got me even more sold.

It seems like he already has something that can do even a little damage in the NBA, and he's 19.

Pick this kid, Ainge.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Just read that article that Evan linked about Jusuf Nurkic, got me even more sold.

It seems like he already has something that can do even a little damage in the NBA, and he's 19.

Pick this kid, Ainge.

Yeah, I like the sounds of Nurkic too. Looks like a solid starting center in the making.

I wouldn't mind seeing Danny Ainge trade down from 5-7 range to draft Nurkic a little later on and pick up some additional assets in the process. Not wild about most of the players in that 5-10 range.