Author Topic: Jarnell Stokes is going to be a all-star in the NBA , Hope the C's draft him  (Read 23298 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If the C's get a top 5-10 pick and this kid enters the draft, I think the C's definitely need to grab him . He is only 18 years old and I stumbled upon a couple of Tennessee games on TV and you can tell the kid just has it .

He has only played 3 games ( let the mocking begin ;)), but 2 of those games were against other elite college teams and future lottery picks.

vs # 2 Kentucky(NBA Talent - Gilchrist,Davis)

Stokes = 9 pts, 4-5FG's, 4 rebs 1 ast , 17mins

This was his first game as a college player and I believe he hadn't even practiced with the team before Hand . Tennessee was 8-8 at that point and came within 3 of upsetting # 2 ranked Kentucky

vs# 11 UConn (NBA Talent - Drummand, Lamb)

Stokes = 16pts, 6-10FG's, 12 rebs, 2 blks , 29 mins

Drummond is likely the # 1 pick in the draft this year, so Stokes was going up against an athletic freak ( though still raw) and pulled down 12 rebs . He helped them upset #11 UConn after almost nearly doing the same thing against #2 Kentucky two games earlier.

The kid already has great footwork and low post game. He is a very good passer from what I have seen and already has a NBA body and though he seems a bit slow athletically, I think he makes up for it with his footwork . He can score at will against anyone in the low post and seems to have a high bball IQ. He really does remind me of a young Ron Artest or Larry Johnson Grand MAMA

season averages = 3 games , 12PPG, 8RPG, 62%FG's ,1 blk , 42%ft  :-\

The FT % is a concern, but it's such a small sample size and he is still so young so that can be developed hopefully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLBJMwGXDM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXRBFgS5uU

Has anyone else seen this kid play ? Thoughts ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:26:33 PM by rondohondo »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
My guess is in a loaded ddraft withut scouts getting a full eval on him, he'll wait a year and try to be a top 5 pick next year. Talented kid though.

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
he will need to bulk up

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I really like this kid. STRONG. How tall is he though? I don't see him going top 10 if he leaves this year.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We need more young strong kids with talent.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
My guess is in a loaded ddraft withut scouts getting a full eval on him, he'll wait a year and try to be a top 5 pick next year. Talented kid though.

This

I think he'll declare but then pull out before the deadline. Unless of course he goes on some type of rampage late in the season...

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Dude its so funny you wrote this cause I think the exact same thing. I saw him play for the first time yesterday and I was like "why isnt he on any of the draft boards?". Then I found out he just arrived at Tennesee. He reminds me of a bigger slightly less athletic Charles Barkley.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

This

I think he'll declare but then pull out before the deadline. Unless of course he goes on some type of rampage late in the season...
He cant declare. He left high school early so he has to play next season before he can declare.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a tweener too, 6-8 is small for a big in the NBA game and he has no real backcourt skills.

He is a PF, Gilchrist is a SF/SG.  The comparsion was not a smart one and shows poor understanding of their positions.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He is a tweener too, 6-8 is small for a big in the NBA game and he has no real backcourt skills.

He is a PF, Gilchrist is a SF/SG.  The comparsion was not a smart one and shows poor understanding of their positions.

I wasn't saying he was going against Gilchrist, I was just saying that Gilchrist is an NBA level talent along with Davis making Kentucky a very strong team, and Tennessee being 8-8 before Jarnell Stokes played came within 3 points of upsetting them, with Stokes being a huge reason they came that close.

I know Stokes is going to be an undersized PF, but he will be stronger than just about any other PF in the league also.  Look what Millsap is doing as an undersized PF, I think Stokes could be similar or better if he improves his jump shot from 15- 18 ft .

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is stronger in college but he won't have that edge in the pros yet.  He will make it in the NBA, I like his effort level more than anything.  If a guys gives up his body and plays hard he can  make it in this league.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

He is a PF, Gilchrist is a SF/SG.  The comparsion was not a smart one and shows poor understanding of their positions.
Hes not a tweener. Hes most definetly a power foward, just undersized.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
If the C's get a top 5-10 pick and this kid enters the draft, I think the C's definitely need to grab him . He is only 18 years old and I stumbled upon a couple of Tennessee games on TV and you can tell the kid just has it .

He has only played 3 games ( let the mocking begin ;)), but 2 of those games were against other elite college teams and future lottery picks.

vs # 2 Kentucky(NBA Talent - Gilchrist,Davis)

Stokes = 9 pts, 4-5FG's, 4 rebs 1 ast , 17mins

This was his first game as a college player and I believe he hadn't even practiced with the team before Hand . Tennessee was 8-8 at that point and came within 3 of upsetting # 2 ranked Kentucky

vs# 11 UConn (NBA Talent - Drummand, Lamb)

Stokes = 16pts, 6-10FG's, 12 rebs, 2 blks , 29 mins

Drummond is likely the # 1 pick in the draft this year, so Stokes was going up against an athletic freak ( though still raw) and pulled down 12 rebs . He helped them upset #11 UConn after almost nearly doing the same thing against #2 Kentucky two games earlier.

The kid already has great footwork and a post games. He is a very good passer from what I have seen and already has a NBA body and though he seems a bit slow athletically, I think he makes up for it with his footwork . He can score at will against anyone in the low post and seems to have a high bball IQ. He really does remind me of a young Ron Artest

season averages = 3 games , 12PPG, 8RPG, 62%FG's ,1 blk , 42%ft  :-\

The FT % is a concern, but it's such a small sample size and he is still so young so that can be developed hopefully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLBJMwGXDM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXRBFgS5uU

Has anyone else seen this kid play ? Thoughts ?
Eurostep at 1:53 in the 2nd video.
Incredibly impressive for a big man. This kid is skilled.

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
i see some very poor defense hes scoring against. hes doesnt have any quickness either dunno i just dont like him

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
C's should draft this kid, he's DEFINITELY gonna be an All-Star. Defense, rebounding, hops, size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoKejSN5hH4