Author Topic: Is there a Durant or Lebron in this draft?  (Read 11180 times)

Re: Is there a Durant or Lebron in this draft?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I think getting a couple really good players, Like a Harden and Gay is better. It would be easier to bring in a allstar in if they have a good supporting cast, if you start with a superstar like Lebron and you do to well to get back into the draft, a few years later we might end up being Cleveland.

No. No, no, no, no, no. It's [dang] near impossible to win a title without a transcendent, hall of fame talent.

Please read before you comment. I said you draft a supporting cast then get the Superstar talent. Basically in FA. Too many years in between drafts were a Bird,Jordan,Durant come out. Its not like the old days were every year a Superstar was going to be in the top ten.

I don't know... Chicago built their squad around Jordan, San Antonio built around Duncan, the Lakers built around Kobe, the Mavs built around Dirk, etc. There's just no formula for building a championship team other than having a superstar.

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Agree with anyone who said no.  I do feel however that Kidd-Gilchrist is going to explode in the NBA and the Celtics should do everything they can to reach for him...

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Agree with anyone who said no.  I do feel however that Kidd-Gilchrist is going to explode in the NBA and the Celtics should do everything they can to reach for him...

Love the way he plays.  Ultimate glue guy, in my opinion - he'll never a go-to scorer (although I don't expect him to be a liability on that end, either) but he's a maximum-effort guy who will do just about everything else, and from what I've seen he can guard nearly anybody.

Would have loved to bring in somebody like Kidd-Gilchrist a couple of years ago.  Now, I think it's a couple years too late for the type of impact I expect him to bring - to me, he's the piece that puts you over the top when you're already competitive, instead of a piece that you can build on for the future.

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 01:24:36 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Seen a lot of ppl who think barnes is the next pierce. No there is no lebron or kd but sf is not the strength of this draft. It's pf dominated. Davis, the kid from Baylor, Drummond, and even a sullener all have all star ability. There is a lot of talent in this draft but only a hand fullmof guys have franchise potential. Likely only one or two realize it as is normally the case. This draft is a lot like 1996 more then it is 2003.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14