Author Topic: Miami should trade Wade  (Read 16475 times)

Miami should trade Wade
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Heat are a better team when Wade doesn't play because Lebron doesn't defer and just takes over (the Heat is 5-0 without Wade, 5-4 with Wade this year).  When Wade plays he just gets in Lebron's way and the team is worse on the whole.  And lets face it, the Heat go as Lebron goes, and will as long as Lebron is on the team.

I don't actually think they will trade Wade, but I would certainly be looking at it if I'm Pat Riley and would certainly call the Magic to see if they would swap Wade for Howard.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Miami should trade Wade
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wade is their only chance of winning a title, though, when Lebron has his annual choke job in the Finals.  Wade has two of the top ten Finals series performances ever, whereas Lebron has two of the most disappointing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
LEBRON FOR HOWARD!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
::)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Wade is their only chance of winning a title, though, when Lebron has his annual choke job in the Finals.  Wade has two of the top ten Finals series performances ever, whereas Lebron has two of the most disappointing.
I think Lebron's failures in the finals are greatly exaggerated.  Even last year, he had that terrible game 4, but the other 5 games weren't bad games on the whole (18 p, 7.2 r, 6.8 a on 48% shooting in the 6 games).  His real problem was deferring to Wade (who was playing very well).  Without Wade around, Lebron doesn't defer and the Heat beat the Mavs (and I think they do so even if they don't trade Wade and he just wasn't around).

Against the Spurs, the Cavs were just overmatched all around, but Lebron still averaged 22 p, 7 r, and 6.8 a.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think Lebron's failures in the finals are greatly exaggerated.  Even last year, he had that terrible game 4, but the other 5 games weren't bad games on the whole (18 p, 7.2 r, 6.8 a on 48% shooting in the 6 games).  His real problem was deferring to Wade (who was playing very well).  Without Wade around, Lebron doesn't defer and the Heat beat the Mavs (and I think they do so even if they don't trade Wade and he just wasn't around).

Against the Spurs, the Cavs were just overmatched all around, but Lebron still averaged 22 p, 7 r, and 6.8 a.

For 95% of the players in the NBA, 18/7/7 is a great series.  Not for Lebron, though.  He looked timid and scared, and he wasn't just deferring to Wade.  He was deferring to guys like Haslem and Joel Anthony.

Eventually, I'm sure Lebron will play well in a Finals, and his team will win a couple of titles.  However, I absolutely do think Wade is a better closer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't actually think they will trade Wade, but I would certainly be looking at it if I'm Pat Riley and would certainly call the Magic to see if they would swap Wade for Howard.
Same here

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LBJ,Bosch, Wade probally signed some special contract where they can 't get traded.  They gave up salary , I doubt Wade would leave and they can't make him I'm betting.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

For 95% of the players in the NBA, 18/7/7 is a great series.  Not for Lebron, though.  He looked timid and scared, and he wasn't just deferring to Wade.  He was deferring to guys like Haslem and Joel Anthony.

Eventually, I'm sure Lebron will play well in a Finals, and his team will win a couple of titles.  However, I absolutely do think Wade is a better closer.
Wade is a better closer, but Lebron is a better player and the Heat play better when Wade doesn't play.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't think they should trade Wade, just make Wade play the 4th quarter haha.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would trade Wade to NJ for Williams and Lopez

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ld4grs

NJ gets the star it wants with control for a couple of years and have cap space to bring in a Howard.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I would trade Wade to NJ for Williams and Lopez

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ld4grs

NJ gets the star it wants with control for a couple of years and have cap space to bring in a Howard.
That would be a good trade for both teams (assuming Williams at least agrees to not opt out).  Howard still makes more sense but something I would look at if I'm Miami.  I also would see if NY would trade Amare and Fields for Wade.  Heck I might even look at something like Biedrins and Curry from Golden State.

Again I don't think Miami will trade Wade, but they should.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 04:26:14 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Wade is a better closer, but Lebron is a better player and the Heat play better when Wade doesn't play.

False, the Heat pulled out of their funk last year when Wade's usage went up.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

False, the Heat pulled out of their funk last year when Wade's usage went up.
1-0 without Wade or Lebron, 4-0 without Wade, 5-4 with Wade.  Last year doesn't matter.