Author Topic: Miami should trade Wade  (Read 16532 times)

Re: Miami should trade Wade
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Wade is a guaranteed HOFer and got Miami it's only two rings. Moving him would be devastating for the franchise.

In what way would it be devastating?  I fail to see how a good business decision could devastate anything except the rest of the NBA.

Again, Dwyane Wade will only ever play for the HEAT. He belongs nowhere but Miami. He will retired as a member of the Miami Heat, in Black, White and Red.

So in other words, you have no actual reason other than some vague sense of 'belonging'.  Got it. 

This is a business, not a wedding.  Miami is committed to winning championships.  Trading Wade could potentially put them in better position than they are even now.  And since Wade will be the first of the three to decline (and it may have already started) it makes a lot of sense to move him while he still has a lot of value.  It's likely all downhill from here.

The only way this hurts them is if they don't sell LeBron on the idea first.  p---ing him off enough to make him bolt in 2014 would be an absolute disaster for them.  But if he's on board and they find a worthwhile deal, then it's a no-brainer for them.

"So in other words, you have no actual reason other than some vague sense of 'belonging'.  Got it."

That's exactly what I mean. Loyalty is loyalty, and it exists in business, and anywhere. Wade is synonymous with HEAT.

I don't like Wade or the Heat, but Wade's gonna be playing there his whole career. No matter what.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Again, Dwyane Wade will only ever play for the HEAT. He belongs nowhere but Miami. He will retired as a member of the Miami Heat, in Black, White and Red.

I don't think the HEAT has the class to pull this off.  They certainally don't have the history.

They have the only role player in the league whose been on the same team for all 10 years, Udonis Haslem.

They signed Juwan Howard, who nobody wanted, simply because they liked him from last year. He doesn't even play!

They've kept Wade all these years and he's still a ridiculously good player averaging 21/5/5 with a 24 PER (7th in league, 1st among SGs)

He's still a HOFer and can be considered the best SG in the world today. Trading his 18 million dollar contract would be pretty dumb, and plus, he's a huge fan favorite (still 7th in NBA jersey sales).

Wade ⇋ HEAT
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2013, 03:14:31 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'd also like to reiterate that I'd wager there's no team willing to pay him his Superstar contract for his sidekick performance except for Miami.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2013, 07:54:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I don't think the HEAT has the class to pull this off.  They certainally don't have the history.

They have the only role player in the league whose been on the same team for all 10 years, Udonis Haslem.

They signed Juwan Howard, who nobody wanted, simply because they liked him from last year. He doesn't even play!

They've kept Wade all these years and he's still a ridiculously good player averaging 21/5/5 with a 24 PER (7th in league, 1st among SGs)

He's still a HOFer and can be considered the best SG in the world today. Trading his 18 million dollar contract would be pretty dumb, and plus, he's a huge fan favorite (still 7th in NBA jersey sales).

Wade ⇋ HEAT

It is quite simple, as long as Lebron is happy having Wade as his little buddy on the team, Wade stays.

If Lebron starts to see that Wade is deteriorating in front of his eyes and it starts affecting the Heats ability to win a title, Wade may be traded.

The Heat have seen what they are when they are Wades team without Lebron (or Shaq).  A 8th to 6th seed.  (and that was with healthier Wade) 

The Heat are no longer Wade's team.  He gave his team over to Lebron.

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 09:41:44 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Wade is a guaranteed HOFer and got Miami it's only two rings. Moving him would be devastating for the franchise.

In what way would it be devastating?  I fail to see how a good business decision could devastate anything except the rest of the NBA.

So in other words, you have no actual reason other than some vague sense of 'belonging'.  Got it. 

This is a business, not a wedding.  Miami is committed to winning championships.  Trading Wade could potentially put them in better position than they are even now.  And since Wade will be the first of the three to decline (and it may have already started) it makes a lot of sense to move him while he still has a lot of value.  It's likely all downhill from here.

The only way this hurts them is if they don't sell LeBron on the idea first.  p---ing him off enough to make him bolt in 2014 would be an absolute disaster for them.  But if he's on board and they find a worthwhile deal, then it's a no-brainer for them.

"So in other words, you have no actual reason other than some vague sense of 'belonging'.  Got it."

That's exactly what I mean. Loyalty is loyalty, and it exists in business, and anywhere. Wade is synonymous with HEAT.

I don't like Wade or the Heat, but Wade's gonna be playing there his whole career. No matter what.

Do you have little (if any) understanding as to how the NBA as an entity operates?