Author Topic: Miami should trade Wade  (Read 16477 times)

Re: Miami should trade Wade
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he'll never play for another team,  unless maybe Phil or Doc.   He is a diva /whiner supreme ,  he doesn't want to be coached, or told what to do.   He would fight with most coaches,  thats why Spo is there , a spineless  dweeb to stand between Wade and hot tempered Riley . 

Wade is not coachable , never was ...he plays a wild street ball game all based on his athletic ability . He'll retire there.

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
How bout this for the sake of terrible trade ideas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=893ejub

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
When all is said and done Paul Pierce will have a greater career than Wade and Melo

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Absurd! That's like trading Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, or Pierce. Ridiculous.

Wade is a HEAT
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Wade was the primary reason LeBron went to Miami in the first place.  I'd think he wouldn't have hard feelings leaving if they traded Wade.

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
This is the thing I dont get with Wade in Miami and Pierce in Boston
Both players were the face of their franchises, and brought their franchises a title
Why trade them? Just renew their contract to a lower price per year and keep them of the team

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Wade is a HEAT

Wrong...wade hasn't been with the heat as long...all those players almost left their franchises at one time...overrated sentimental junk

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 05:19:06 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Wade is a HEAT

Wrong...wade hasn't been with the heat as long...all those players almost left their franchises at one time...overrated sentimental junk

Key word almost. They never actually left.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I think the Heat should absolutely trade Wade.  LeBron is the centerpiece of that franchise now.  If they can move Wade for an above average center, I think it would help that team more than Wade himself would.

I have to wonder if both parties would be interested in sign-and-trading Bynum and another piece - Turner? - for Wade.  Philly gets a star and aren't left with nothing after the Bynum ordeal.  Miami gets a decent starter-level SG and potentially a dominant center who fits terrifyingly well with LeBron and Bosh if he can stay healthy.   
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:15:55 PM by Atzar »

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Wade is a guaranteed HOFer and got Miami it's only two rings. Moving him would be devastating for the franchise.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
Wade is a guaranteed HOFer and got Miami it's only two rings. Moving him would be devastating for the franchise.

In what way would it be devastating?  I fail to see how a good business decision could devastate anything except the rest of the NBA.

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
When all is said and done Paul Pierce will have a greater career than Wade and Melo

There is no earthly way that Paul will have a greater career than Wade when all is said and done when, if Wade and Pierce both retired today, Wade has already had a greater career.

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

In what way would it be devastating?  I fail to see how a good business decision could devastate anything except the rest of the NBA.

Again, Dwyane Wade will only ever play for the HEAT. He belongs nowhere but Miami. He will retired as a member of the Miami Heat, in Black, White and Red.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders

Again, Dwyane Wade will only ever play for the HEAT. He belongs nowhere but Miami. He will retired as a member of the Miami Heat, in Black, White and Red.

So in other words, you have no actual reason other than some vague sense of 'belonging'.  Got it. 

This is a business, not a wedding.  Miami is committed to winning championships.  Trading Wade could potentially put them in better position than they are even now.  And since Wade will be the first of the three to decline (and it may have already started) it makes a lot of sense to move him while he still has a lot of value.  It's likely all downhill from here.

The only way this hurts them is if they don't sell LeBron on the idea first.  p---ing him off enough to make him bolt in 2014 would be an absolute disaster for them.  But if he's on board and they find a worthwhile deal, then it's a no-brainer for them. 

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I don't think the HEAT has the class to pull this off.  They certainally don't have the history.