Author Topic: Celtics (5-9) at Wizards (2-13) 1/22  (Read 39775 times)

Re: Celtics (5-9) at Wizards (2-13) 1/22
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
wizards have so much talent...but terrible bball IQs. mcgee and blatche are among the worst in the league. too bad for them, because those two make a terrifying front court. throw in wall and nick young, plus rashard and jordan, and you SHOULD have a playoff contender instead of a doormat. the kids have to grow up.

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
avery played great

1 for 8 from the field, three points and 6 TO's isn't great unless you have a definition of greatness that differs from the rest of us, Bassthumper.  He did have seven assists and did hit a clutch free throw but great is really stretching it.

had to be sarcasm... ab looked a mess, when i saw he had those assist it totally shocked me, i was like gthoh! lol
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Flip sucks as a coach.  Please not't ever bring him to Boston or the worthless Knicks coach.  

Glade PP is back and looking more fit.

Don't take my Captn away .

« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
big game by Pierce today
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Can we play the Wizards every game?  ;D

« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
avery played great

1 for 8 from the field, three points and 6 TO's isn't great unless you have a definition of greatness that differs from the rest of us, Bassthumper.  He did have seven assists and did hit a clutch free throw but great is really stretching it.

had to be sarcasm... ab looked a mess, when i saw he had those assist it totally shocked me, i was like gthoh! lol

Yeah great is a stretch but I was happy with him today. He was aggressive and proved he can get to the rim. He had trouble finishing and kept getting stripped but those are easier to improve than a lack of talent. He was making better plays and making some quick decisions. I liked how he looked more comfortable. His game looks to be improving but he needs to keep getting minutes to learn from these mistakes.

The TO's were just rookie mistakes by showing them the ball. His defense wasn't all that bad on Wall but Wall just throws himself down the lane like a bowling ball. He's been putting up numbers like this in the last few. A lot of it I blame on his help down low, nobody was able to get in Walls way.

On a side note Moore has looked pretty bad the last few games. You can tell by the way the minutes worked today Moore has been put way back behind Bradley on the depth chart.

« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pierce looks like he is getting his legs back.  This will help our ability to trade him for an expiring contract and draft pick.

« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Pierce looks like he is getting his legs back.  This will help our ability to trade him for an expiring contract and draft pick.
wow

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Pierce is the one old guy I wouldn't trade. He should retire a celtic, he earned it.

« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I remember LarBrd33 always wanting to trade Pierce in the old days for just about anything too, glad to see he was waiting in the wings all these years. Hopefully I am in the majority here in wanting to see Pierce retire a C even in a more limited role.

« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
With Danny Ainge at the helm, I do not believe for one second that ANYONE on this roster is safe, including Pierce.  I'm not saying Pierce will be traded, but I am saying that he, like every player on this roster, is a candidate if Danny felt the right deal came along.

Remember: this is the same guy who, when he heard Red Auerbach state that he had two significant offers for both Kevin McHale and Larry Bird, that Red SHOULD HAVE pulled the trigger on those deals.  So you think for one second that Danny wouldn't trade Pierce?

...Yes, he would if the deal appealed to him, and he wouldn't look back.

« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I remember LarBrd33 always wanting to trade Pierce in the old days for just about anything too, glad to see he was waiting in the wings all these years. Hopefully I am in the majority here in wanting to see Pierce retire a C even in a more limited role.
I always want to do what is best for Boston.  There was a period when trading Pierce made a lot of sense.  There was a point where trading Pierce made so much sense that Ainge attempted to trade him for an expiring contract (Van Exel) and the Portland 1st rounder that Boston would have used to select Chris Paul.  Pierce prevented that trade from happening.  I still think it would have been a good move.

During the last 4 years, trading Pierce didn't make any sense.

It make sense now.  

I love Pierce.  I named my cat after him.  He's second favorite player of all time.   Keeping him is going to prolong our suffering.  If we could dump him for an expiring contract and either a young prospect or draft pick, it would give us 34-38 mil in the offseason and a ton of flexibility for Ainge to build the next version of this Celtic team.

Keeping him leaves us with just enough money to sign Jeff Green and Ray Allen (presuming KG retires) for more suffering.

Point is... we aren't going to get anything for Pierce if he is already washed up.  So games like this are an encouraging sign that he still might have value to playoff teams looking to add a major piece.

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I love Pierce.  I named my cat after him.

for this alone, i give u a tp :)

« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I always want to do what is best for Boston.  There was a period when trading Pierce made a lot of sense.  There was a point where trading Pierce made so much sense that Ainge attempted to trade him for an expiring contract (Van Exel) and the Portland 1st rounder that Boston would have used to select Chris Paul.  Pierce prevented that trade from happening.  I still think it would have been a good move.

During the last 4 years, trading Pierce didn't make any sense.

It make sense now.  

I love Pierce.  I named my cat after him.  He's second favorite player of all time.   Keeping him is going to prolong our suffering.  If we could dump him for an expiring contract and either a young prospect or draft pick, it would give us 34-38 mil in the offseason and a ton of flexibility for Ainge to build the next version of this Celtic team.

Keeping him leaves us with just enough money to sign Jeff Green and Ray Allen (presuming KG retires) for more suffering.

Point is... we aren't going to get anything for Pierce if he is already washed up.  So games like this are an encouraging sign that he still might have value to playoff teams looking to add a major piece.

I don't think it's gonna happen.  If Danny were to trade Paul Pierce, it would be for someone who improved this team's chances both for the future and for this year.  It's not going to be for cap space and picks. 

And, I don't think Danny will find a trade for Paul Pierce that improves this team right now.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson