Author Topic: Three small trades that instantly make us better  (Read 1873 times)

Three small trades that instantly make us better
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
…….and don’t kill the cap in the future

Avery Bradley, Marquis Daniels, one of our $475,000 trade exceptions, and 2 second picks for Jason Thompson

Jermaine O’neal, a future Top 15 protected 1st rounder, and the Nets 2014 2nd rounder for O.J. Mayo

Keyon Dooling, Sasha Pavlovic, and a future 1st rounder (Top 15 protected) for Terrence Williams

Our roster would then stand at 13,

C- Garnett
PF – Thompson
SF  - Pierce
SG – Allen
PG – Rondo

Bench

PF/C – Stiemsma
PF – Bass
SF – Williams
SG - Mayo
PF – Moore

11th man – Pietrus
12thman – Wilcox
13thman – Jajuan Johnson

Come the middle of March we could sign someone like Kenyon Martin for the frontcourt, and if we need an experienced backup PG, we can see if there are any other buy-out candidates available (no names come to mind).

Re: Three small trades that instantly make us better
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
We are definitely better WITHOUT KG at the 5.

Other than that, cool.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
We are definitely better WITHOUT KG at the 5.

Other than that, cool.

I originally kept KG at the 4 and had Thompson at C, but then I changed it.  Thompson has more bulk than KG does, so he's probably better suited at the 5.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
thats too much for Jason Thompson and Terrance Williams? lol while talented he's a headcase himself if I was to take a chance on headcases I would trade for Beasley who can score better

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:47:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One quibble:  you can't add trade exceptions to salary in order to make a trade work.

I would probably make the first two trades, if the other side was willing to.  I'd pass on trading a #1 pick for Terrence Williams, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:13:27 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
None of those 3 deals makes sense for the other team.  Wouldn't happen.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
not sure about the scenarios, but Mayo and Thompson are nice targets.

I think Mayo would command a little more but Thompson seems realistic to me. SAC is awful and I could see them stockpiling picks.

TWill seems unnecessary to me. I like Pietrus as our backup SF.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
One quibble:  you can't add trade exceptions to salary in order to make a trade work.

I would probably make the first two trades, if the other side was willing to.  I'd pass on trading a #1 pick for Terrence Williams, though.

Gotcha, thanks Roy.  The reason I like Williams is that he can really handle the ball at the 3 spot and he's an excellent rebounder for size.  He can also defend too, but I will admit his jumpshot is a work in progress.  If it's a late first, I'd do it.  Around 15ish, I might pass.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
thats too much for Jason Thompson and Terrance Williams? lol while talented he's a headcase himself if I was to take a chance on headcases I would trade for Beasley who can score better

I guess you didn't see my trade idea (a week ago) on Beasley and Ridnour.  :)

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
(1) T-Will = I am a fan of his game but not a fan of him and Rondo together. Lacks jump-shooting. Very difficult to make those two work together. So I wouldn't pursue him.

(2) Mayo = not worth giving up a first round pick for. No interest.

(3) J.Thompson = Sacramento have done a terrible job at developing pretty much every single young player that has come through their doors over the past 4-5 years. So even Thompson has shown no development, I am intrigued to see what someone else could do with him because Sac-town is clearly clueless at developing young talent.

That said, I would view Thompson as a long term project rather than an instant contributor. I do not view him as an upgrade over the C's present big man options. Lateral move in the immediate sense.

As for the trade, happy to give up Bradley + 2nd rounders for Thompson. Good deal. I doubt Sacramento does it though. I doubt they value Bradley highly and reckon they could get better draft picks elsewhere.