Author Topic: Mayo to the nets (rumor)  (Read 1471 times)

Mayo to the nets (rumor)
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:49:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
its been reported that the Nets are offering the following 2 packages for OJ mayo

Anthony Morrow + Cash

or

Jordan Farmar + 1st round pick + cash

I will be very disappointed if the Nets land Mayo for the second offer, Morrow is a great shooter and better then any player would could offer. However the Farmar trade we should be able to beat, we absolutely need to infuse this team with young talent. OJ Mayo is a great talent who hasn't panned out but is very worth the risk.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Mayo to the nets (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:55:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
its been reported that the Nets are offering the following 2 packages for OJ mayo

Anthony Morrow + Cash

or

Jordan Farmar + 1st round pick + cash

I will be very disappointed if the Nets land Mayo for the second offer, Morrow is a great shooter and better then any player would could offer. However the Farmar trade we should be able to beat, we absolutely need to infuse this team with young talent. OJ Mayo is a great talent who hasn't panned out but is very worth the risk.

Anthony Morrow is not some terrific building block, I do not know where this idear came from. The guy is playing behind Deshawn Stevenson.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Anthony Morrow is not some terrific building block

I don't think anyone said Morrow is a building block, however he is relevantly young and a great shooter. He would be a great asset off the bench for a playoff team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Anthony Morrow is not some terrific building block

I don't think anyone said Morrow is a building block, however he is relevantly young and a great shooter. He would be a great asset off the bench for a playoff team.

Morrow is probably the best shooter in basketball, or, failing that, at least top 3.

But he's just so god-awful in every other facet of the game that he's a liability. OJ Mayo could be a starter on a playoff team. Anthony Morrow could, but he shouldn't.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner