Author Topic: how about this trade!  (Read 2201 times)

how about this trade!
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »

Offline Celtics999

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 16
trade Rondo for the Lakers TPE and their 2 draft picks + the Dallas Draft pick.  Off season sign Both Derron Williams and Dwight Howard to max deals and resign KG and Ray Allen to vet mins. 

Allen
DWill
Howard
KG
Pierce

+ Both Lakers 1st round picks and Dallas 1st round picks

Re: how about this trade!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would much rather trade Rondo for durant... and KG for Josh Smith....And theeeennnn sign DWill and Howard. We would have a much better team with

Dwill
Allen
Durant
Smith
Howard

and pierce coming off the bench.

::)

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »

Offline Celtics999

• Xavier Tillman
I would much rather trade Rondo for durant... and KG for Josh Smith....And theeeennnn sign DWill and Howard. We would have a much better team with

Dwill
Allen
Durant
Smith
Howard

thanks for the sarcasm... but ideally if both players would like to play for big market teams for max contracts and together than Boston is the place to do it.  LA is in need of a point guard and frankly although Rondo is Great I would rather have dwill outside shooting.

laugh all you want but dwill and dwight in boston would be the second coming of a dynasty

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I love how the title is " How about this trade", but the only thing that actually makes us any good in the post is the signing of 2 all star caliber players in free agency which had nothing to do with the trade idea...

How about this then?! Let's trade Avery Bradley for a 2nd round pick and then sign D Williams and Dwight Howard in the offseason. That's a championship team!!! Isn't that a great trade idea?

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
trade Rondo for the Lakers TPE and their 2 draft picks + the Dallas Draft pick.  Off season sign Both Derron Williams and Dwight Howard to max deals and resign KG and Ray Allen to vet mins. 

Allen
DWill
Howard
KG
Pierce

+ Both Lakers 1st round picks and Dallas 1st round picks

There's no way I would trade Rondo away for the off chance of signing a worse and (likely) more expensive point guard in the off season.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »

Offline Celtics999

• Xavier Tillman
I love how the title is " How about this trade", but the only thing that actually makes us any good in the post is the signing of 2 all star caliber players in free agency which had nothing to do with the trade idea...

How about this then?! Let's trade Avery Bradley for a 2nd round pick and then sign D Williams and Dwight Howard in the offseason. That's a championship team!!! Isn't that a great trade idea?

depending on salary cap situation (which on average is 56 million per season) you cannot sign both players to max contracts.  you can sign one but not the other.  

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I do agree that if we are for some reason out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline, to unload Rondo for 1st round picks. 4 first round picks could be sweet.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:25:05 PM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5

Dwill
Allen
Durant
Smith
Howard

Why not trade our clippers pick for LeBron as well? he'd be a great backup for KD.
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »

Offline Celtics999

• Xavier Tillman
I do agree that if we are for some reason out of the playoff picture by the trade deadline, to unload Rondo for 1st round picks. 4 first round picks could be sweet.

we can wait till the summer.  The Lakers TPE does not expire till December 2012.  if we completely bomb this year we can wait till the off season to unload rondo.  I think the latest will be July 1st 2012.  however the draft does take place on June 28 2012. which means essentially we will be trading Rondo for the TPE and whoever the Lakers chooses for picks..  this would be the safest way to get both Dwill and Dwight to sign them both to contracts when the FA period begins, therefore not risking losing rondo for nothing like the lakers did with Odom