Author Topic: I think E'Twaun and JaJuan are gonna do some special things for the Celtics  (Read 9896 times)

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I just watched this video a Purdue fan made and I feel like its destiny for them to play well together. Just a gut feeling. The both of them have game and heart. I believe in fate and these two guys are winners and I think they have the ability to be really great players for the Celtics for a long time. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PWEbiLzwuU&feature=related

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
purdue duo

i like them. they bring chemistry that rookies dont normally have... its interesting and i like it. oh Jajuan looks like a rookie KG.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
purdue duo

i like them. they bring chemistry that rookies dont normally have... its interesting and i like it. oh Jajuan looks like a rookie KG.
Yeah, theres really no way around that comparison. Their shooting form is strikingly similar.
If I were to judge conservatively I would say that Etwaun could be a very good back up combo guard in the George Hill fashion, and Jajuan could be like a 16 and 8 guy, maybe more but that is up to him.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i don't

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I just watched this video a Purdue fan made and I feel like its destiny for them to play well together. Just a gut feeling. The both of them have game and heart. I believe in fate and these two guys are winners and I think they have the ability to be really great players for the Celtics for a long time. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PWEbiLzwuU&feature=related
Well, I suppose next season will feel like a long time for them.

Pretty much all players in the NBA are winners -- at least until they make it to the NBA. Then half become losers.

"Gut" feeling is usually just another name for wishful thinking.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I too saw some of that chemistry especially in the picks and the like.

Both are works in progress.  JJJ needs a lot of weight work and Moore needs work on his speed.   Both have decent form and both seem to have good basketball IQ.

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Umm just to tell you guys but, JJJ is a horrible player from the draft, I don't know why Ainge wanted this late-1st round pick for our mid-1st round pick. JJJ statistically is not a young KG replica and he doesn't even look like a rookie that can grow. He looks like a young Sean May replica to me, heck, Sean May looked better than this wash-up pick
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Me too.  ;D we are half way there. E'Twaun is officially backup point guard behind Rondo. One brick too many for Avery. The homer in me think Jajuan will be borderline allstar player. I see no reason why he can't average 15-18ppg

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If I were to judge conservatively I would say that Etwaun could be a very good back up combo guard in the George Hill fashion, and Jajuan could be like a 16 and 8 guy, maybe more but that is up to him.

You could be right, but I definitely don't see that as a conservative assessment.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Umm just to tell you guys but, JJJ is a horrible player from the draft, I don't know why Ainge wanted this late-1st round pick for our mid-1st round pick. JJJ statistically is not a young KG replica and he doesn't even look like a rookie that can grow. He looks like a young Sean May replica to me, heck, Sean May looked better than this wash-up pick

?

I'm not seeing the Sean May comparison.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
i don't

This. I see so many other rookies playing so many more minutes for so many other teams. Darius Morris of the Lakers played 20-25 minutes last night. These guys might be average players some day, but not much beyond that.

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I like what I've seen of the rookies so far.  I wish Doc would give them more of a chance to get into games and get some experience. 

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
i don't

This. I see so many other rookies playing so many more minutes for so many other teams. Darius Morris of the Lakers played 20-25 minutes last night. These guys might be average players some day, but not much beyond that.

Well, how would you know if they don't play. Some here don't want to blame doc or danny...who drafted them...? Who won't play them, can't escape both sides there....

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
i don't

theres no way to tell that with the limited playing time these guys have gotten...Doc has never played rookies usually, so I wouldnt use that as a detriment to these guys...and besides Moore already looks like a solid "role" player..

you can find real solid players at the point in the draft we got Jajuan johnson.

Rajon rondo, danny granger are two examples.

Johnson already has an NBA range of offensive moves. maybe he wont be KG level...but Carl landry level perhaps one day..but I dont think we've seen enough out of him to project either way.

all I know is he already has nba range

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

You could be right, but I definitely don't see that as a conservative assessment.
shouldn't this discussion be in the politics forum? :D
Yup