Author Topic: Trade idea: kg and ray for josh smith and joe johnson  (Read 4769 times)

Re: Trade idea: kg and ray for josh smith and joe johnson
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Can you use the amnesty on acquired players?  Like, trade KG for Rashard... and then amnesty Rashard?

Yes, I guess. I think the amnesty rule can be applied every start of a season for only a specified period. But we still pay Rashard's money. On the other hand, we remove that salary from our cap.
can't do it.

How cant it be done? I mean, even if we do the trade before this season's deadline we can't amnesty him next season?

In case we can't amnesty him, we still have wiggle room when Ray's contract is up at season's end. Plus, Rashard could fit well alternating with PP before PP retires. We can go after excellent FAs at 2013.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Can you use the amnesty on acquired players?  Like, trade KG for Rashard... and then amnesty Rashard?

Yes, I guess. I think the amnesty rule can be applied every start of a season for only a specified period. But we still pay Rashard's money. On the other hand, we remove that salary from our cap.
can't do it.

How cant it be done? I mean, even if we do the trade before this season's deadline we can't amnesty him next season?

In case we can't amnesty him, we still have wiggle room when Ray's contract is up at season's end. Plus, Rashard could fit well alternating with PP before PP retires. We can go after excellent FAs at 2013.

you can't amnesty players that you've traded for.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The Hawks are 9-4 and playing well even without Horford.  I'm sure they want to blow up the core of their team for two guys way past their prime so they can go 4-9 instead of 9-4.