Author Topic: Serious "Blow-It-Up" Trade Idea Thread  (Read 16979 times)

Re: Serious "Blow-It-Up" Trade Idea Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
preserve the cap space , no stop gaps......

The biggest problem I have with that is...preserve it for what? Or whom, I suppose.

Pretty much what I've been wondering. The ufa class this summer is laughable (I think D12 will be traded before the deadline and will resign with whatever team he lands on. Money talks). We could take a chance and off big money to an rfa (K. Love?) but it will likely be matched.
The way it usually works with RFAs is that anyone who's worth it will be matched, and anyone else will be a waste of (cap) space.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Ray+clippers pick for billups+t-wolves pick

clippers traded the t-wolves pick to the hornets
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I know I'm a broken record, but... Ray Allen for OJ Mayo + salary filler.
meh....maybe if we had some sort of clause where the Celtics had the option of swapping firsts.

Actually, Memphis is desperate for a PF with Arthur out for the year and Z-Bo gone for some time......wonder if Mayo for Bass would work?

Hmm. I think it could. Bass makes $4m this yr and Mayo makes $5.6m. I'm not entirely sure of the rules now with the new CBA, but this may be a better base for a trade salary wise.
Memphis would jump at that.
Considering their dire need at PF, I'm sure they would.

Here's my idea
Memphis gets
Ray Allen

Utah gets
OJ Mayo
Darrell Arthur
Jermaine O'Neal

Atlanta gets
Al Jefferson
Marquis Daniels
Hamed Hammadi

Boston gets
Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

Why?
Memphis adds a shooter they desperately need to spread the floor(worst shooting team in the NBA)

Utah needs to let Kanter and Favors take over, they're good with them and Heyward/Millsap in the frontcourt for now, the backcourt could use some more youth because Raja Bell is complete trash. Mayo could be their future 2 and be a scorer. Pick up an expiring in JO and Arthur was just thrown in there for salary purposes

Atlanta gets size it desperately needed, Al Jeff can play center and Horford can come back at the 4. Daniels is a nice backup to Marv with him and T-mac they got good wing depth

Boston gets someone to run the transition with and a PG to control the floor when Rondo is out.

Pretty awesome trade for everyone I must say.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

The biggest problem I have with that is...preserve it for what? Or whom, I suppose.
I'm afraid it may have to be some sort of a trade, because I don't see us signing any sort of top free agent.

It's the only way I see it really working, and it's not necessarily an awful thing to have the card up your sleeve. Patience is something celtics fans lack right now though, check the ticket prices from stubhub or whatever. All time low for big 3 era.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Ray Allen, Brandon Bass

FOR

Omer Asik, CJ Watson, Bogans, Scalabrine, Lucas, Charlotte 1st rounder

We get 2 more pieces to work with (Asik + Charlotte pick), probably "improve" our draft pick as well.

Chicago makes a run with Allen & Bass.

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Ray+clippers pick for billups+t-wolves pick

clippers traded the t-wolves pick to the hornets

Man I'm clueless about the state of NBA affairs right now.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 12:03:48 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I'm afraid it may have to be some sort of a trade, because I don't see us signing any sort of top free agent.

It's the only way I see it really working, and it's not necessarily an awful thing to have the card up your sleeve. Patience is something celtics fans lack right now though, check the ticket prices from stubhub or whatever. All time low for big 3 era.
The only problem is I'm not sure who will be available. Maybe ATL will suck so badly this season that they can be convinced to swap Smith and Marvin Williams for Garnett and Johnson?

I'm not sure that team will get us anywhere, but I don't think we'll actually be able to sign a better player through FA.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't we can get anything of value from our roster right now other than Ray. And that might not even get a good enough exchange. We only have the two first rounders and Rondo as our valuable trade chip.

As bad as this season is turning up to be, I'd say lets just ride it till the end. Play the young guys and see if there could be something in there. Bring Moore in the D-League and sign Arenas for the minimum. He may not be as good but he's still a threat to score off the bench (would not be problem if we had MarShon but that's a different story).

I'm gonna ride this bus till the end, I just don't see anything out there that can help us. Unless the Kings would like JO + 2 first rounders and cash for DMC.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm not sure that team will get us anywhere, but I don't think we'll actually be able to sign a better player through FA.  

That's why I think taking on manageable short term (2-3 yr) contracts and accumulating draft picks and assets = win. This crop (Williams, Howard) of prime fa's are in all probability beyond our reach. Build the team, get ready for the next round in 2014 or so.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That's why I think taking on manageable short term (2-3 yr) contracts and accumulating draft picks and assets = win. This crop (Williams, Howard) of prime fa's are in all probability beyond our reach. Build the team, get ready for the next round in 2014 or so.

But there are solid starting caliber talent out there than, collectively could be good to great. Spencer Hawes,, Rudy Fernandez, Nic Batum,  Landry Fields, Ryan Anderson and a lot more. Collectively they can do great things. Add the two first rounders...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

yeah, I'd be totally on board with trading any of our expiring contracts to take on a player with a somewhat bad (but not horrible) long term contract if it means nabbing 1st round draft picks this summer and / or next.

maybe try trading KG to Dallas in return for Odom and Marion plus a 1st rounder.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

But there are solid starting caliber talent out there than, collectively could be good to great. Spencer Hawes,, Rudy Fernandez, Nic Batum,  Landry Fields, Ryan Anderson and a lot more. Collectively they can do great things. Add the two first rounders...

These are all restricted FA's (except Hawes), meaning their current teams will have the right to match their offersheets and keep them. Honestly, Hawes might be the best available unrestricted free agent in 2012. That says all you need to know.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
We should trade Rondo to the Bobcats for their first round pick.

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

Offline mcshane41

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
Here's my idea
Memphis gets
Ray Allen

Utah gets
OJ Mayo
Darrell Arthur
Jermaine O'Neal

Atlanta gets
Al Jefferson
Marquis Daniels
Hamed Hammadi

Boston gets
Josh Smith
Kirk Hinrich

Why?
Memphis adds a shooter they desperately need to spread the floor(worst shooting team in the NBA)

Utah needs to let Kanter and Favors take over, they're good with them and Heyward/Millsap in the frontcourt for now, the backcourt could use some more youth because Raja Bell is complete trash. Mayo could be their future 2 and be a scorer. Pick up an expiring in JO and Arthur was just thrown in there for salary purposes

Atlanta gets size it desperately needed, Al Jeff can play center and Horford can come back at the 4. Daniels is a nice backup to Marv with him and T-mac they got good wing depth

Boston gets someone to run the transition with and a PG to control the floor when Rondo is out.

Pretty awesome trade for everyone I must say.

You know that isn't half bad. You could see Atlanta dealing Smith for a Center to get Horford back to the 4. YOu could see Utah dealing Al Jeff for an asset, might want some picks or something to sweeten their haul. I could see Memphis moving OJ, and they'd love the 3-ball from Ray Ray for a playoff run. Boston trades its only trade-able piece, hate losing Ray for a punk like JSmooth, but you propose a deal that at least isn't junk for treasure like most trade ideas, well done.

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »

Offline Tone

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
We could trade Ray Allen for OJ Mayo + pieces to match deal I could see this as the most realistic trade that we could happen. Memphis wants to trade him and Ray would be a good veteran to keep them in the playoff hunt.