Author Topic: Serious "Blow-It-Up" Trade Idea Thread  (Read 17012 times)

Serious "Blow-It-Up" Trade Idea Thread
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:37:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
A lot of people now are saying that we should just blow it up.  However, due to the makeup of our roster, it's actually not so easy to come up with realistic scenarios in which Danny would bother trading any of the key pieces (blow it up) instead of just waiting for them to expire this summer.

Let's hear some ideas of what you think we might see happen around the trade deadline this season if the team is still struggling just to get to / stay at .500 a month or two from now.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: Serious "Blow-It-Up" Trade Idea Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Trade Pierce to Philly. They need the go to scorer, give us Turner and `Vucevic, and maybe a first if Pierce is playing well befoe the trade. Jrue-Iggy-Pierce-Thad/Brand-Hawes with Lou Will off the bench could be solid in the playoffs.

KG to Denver if they want to compete. They could offer Wilson Chandler on an S&T since they are loaded on wings and Faried (hustle/rebound guy) KG gives them the post D they really need

Will think of Ray/ Bass ideas later

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Can't trade Pierce for anything of value until he starts playing well.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
Can't trade Pierce for anything of value until he starts playing well.
obviously, said in my post once pierce is playing well which I'm sure he will soon. He had a  great season last year no way can he take this big a drop off

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I know I'm a broken record, but... Ray Allen for OJ Mayo + salary filler.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Trading for Al Horford wouldn't be a bad idea. His trade value is down and with him being out we would get a better draft pick, while still having him for the next 4 seasons at 12M per, which is a great deal.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Trading for Al Horford wouldn't be a bad idea. His trade value is down and with him being out we would get a better draft pick, while still having him for the next 4 seasons at 12M per, which is a great deal.

Atlanta is not trading Al Horford for any mish-mash from our roster.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Don't like mayo without corner pieces already established. Rondo+mayo and ? doesn't sound good at all moving forward.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
A lot of people now are saying that we should just blow it up.  However, due to the makeup of our roster, it's actually not so easy to come up with realistic scenarios in which Danny would bother trading any of the key pieces (blow it up) instead of just waiting for them to expire this summer.

Let's hear some ideas of what you think we might see happen around the trade deadline this season if the team is still struggling just to get to / stay at .500 a month or two from now.

Ray, PP and KG will be here all year.  PP because he has 2 more years and won't be leaving unless there's a mutual decision to part ways with the team. 

Ray and KG are larger expiring deals.  To get anything of value for them, he'd have to take back crappy contracts and thereby kill any efforts to maintain cap flexibility for the next 2 years.  That won't be happening.

Rondo is the foundation of the team now.  He's staying unless Danny can land one of the handful of better players in the league but that's not happening.

The only real trade chips I could see moved that would actually help his team going forward is JO and Bass.  JO's deal isn't huge and another contender might be willing to move a moderate talent or bad player with a pick for a backup center.  Bass is still looking like a 6th man contender and he has a pretty reasonable contract.  A number of contenders would love to have him.

I wouldn't move either of next year's picks simply because they figure to be decent picks in a very good draft so C's could have a shot at picking up 2 starting-quality young players.  I'd be reluctant to move them unless I'm getting a very good young player in exchange.

The FA market coming up isn't very deep or good.  C's would be better off signing stopgaps for a year, keeping their young players with cheap deals, maintain as much cap space for the 2013 FA market which is much deeper in talent and make a splash for 1 if not 2 top level FA's.  Hopefully JJJ, Moore, Bradley, Steimsma and the 2 1st round rookies develop into decent players and the C's can be right back in the thick of it.  If they keep Bass and Green, those are another couple of good players to keep around to provide nice depth on the roster.  OR Danny might decide he's got enough good pieces with that bunch to try another set of KG/Ray-type trades to pair a couple of stars with Rondo

Just my thoughts. 

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
meh....maybe if we had some sort of clause where the Celtics had the option of swapping firsts.

Actually, Memphis is desperate for a PF with Arthur out for the year and Z-Bo gone for some time......wonder if Mayo for Bass would work?

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I wouldn't move either of next year's picks simply because they figure to be decent picks in a very good draft so C's could have a shot at picking up 2 starting-quality young players.  I'd be reluctant to move them unless I'm getting a very good young player in exchange.

The FA market coming up isn't very deep or good.  C's would be better off signing stopgaps for a year, keeping their young players with cheap deals, maintain as much cap space for the 2013 FA market which is much deeper in talent and make a splash for 1 if not 2 top level FA's. 

Just my thoughts. 

THIS !!!   he is right...no wasted stopgaps , save everthing to get the NEXT superstars in the draft

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Monta Ellis/Andris Biedrins for KG

Josh Smith/Marvin Williams for KG + pick

Rondo/J.O./Pick for Nash/Markieff Morris/Frye

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ray+clippers pick for billups+t-wolves pick

Rondo for collison+George and whatever else you can get (like indy's 1st, or hansbrough, not just filler)

And make a decision now if pierce does or does not retire a Celtic. If you're willing to move him, don't wait.

Two high 1sts, plus some really decent pieces. Make a move for Howard if there is one to be made, or don't if there isn't and get two the hard way.

Posted in another thread but this is prolly the right place

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
meh....maybe if we had some sort of clause where the Celtics had the option of swapping firsts.

Actually, Memphis is desperate for a PF with Arthur out for the year and Z-Bo gone for some time......wonder if Mayo for Bass would work?

Hmm. I think it could. Bass makes $4m this yr and Mayo makes $5.6m. I'm not entirely sure of the rules now with the new CBA, but this may be a better base for a trade salary wise.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ray+clippers pick for billups+t-wolves pick

Posted in another thread but this is prolly the right place

Billups can't be traded this season. Part of the amnesty rule.
2021 Houston Rockets