Author Topic: Total Blowup trade for J.Smoove/Al Jefferson  (Read 3827 times)

Total Blowup trade for J.Smoove/Al Jefferson
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5983636

This trade would set us up for the future:

Boston Gets:
Josh Smith
Al Jefferson

Utah Gets:

Marvin Williams
Ray Allen
first round pick (from celtics)

Atlanta Gets
:
Kevin Garnett
Avery Bradley
Jujuan Johnson
1st round pick (boston (from clippers)
(when available Brandon Bass could be substituted in here)

Why for Boston
: We get younger at the 4 and 5. Our starting lineup this year would be Rondo/Pietrus/Pierce/J.Smith/Jefferson

Why for Atlanta
: they get rid of two players they really aren't in love with (Williams and smith)in a season where they aren't going anywhere without Horford. Also Horford can move to the 4. They shed 21 mil in salary next year which they will need with Joe Johnson's heinous contract, and a number one pick with two decent prospects (or Bass)

Why for Utah
: They make room for Enes Kanter to move in for the future and shed 10 million in salary next year. plus a number one pick. Also they could use a young guy like M. Williams on their team.

Tell me what you guys think!

Re: Total Blowup trade for J.Smoove/Al Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
don't see atlanta doing that

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Decent for utah since they have kanter, favors and milsap.

But not seeing it for ATL. They might not love Smith, but thats a lot to give up for Kg and change. They can do better.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
theres no poitn to even trade for Josh Smith...hes been pretty vocal about his friendship with Rondo.

I see him signing here in Free agency most likely to play with his HS friend when he hits free agency

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
At this rate our  pick could be a valuable player with our record.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

yeah, if we're gonna try to blow it up early the goal should be to keep our pick and stockpile others, either to take a bunch of guys in the 1st round this year and hope one or two of them turns out to be good, or to use a few picks to move up higher in the lottery.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm on board with this plan , ride out the over the hill gang for what they are worth . Stockpile picks and other trade assets. Hope to luck out and get a pair of decent Bigs to go with Rondo.  Without talent on the team (young strong talent) , we have no trading power to go for the DH's of the league.  Even the Clippers now have a fun team to watch , we may have to sink to rock bottom to get the good pieces to rebuild with.

Sure hope there are some more big men developing in the college /highschool ranks. ???

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

yeah, if we're gonna try to blow it up early the goal should be to keep our pick and stockpile others, either to take a bunch of guys in the 1st round this year and hope one or two of them turns out to be good, or to use a few picks to move up higher in the lottery.
Yep, see if you can some late firsts for our guys, which we can package to move up or hope we get a solid player from.  I could see the Bulls giving up their first for Allen, something like Korver, Watson, 1st for Allen seems to make sense for the Bulls and works financially.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett
OP here. I understand why you guys would want to keep picks in a total blowup, but to get two great big men, i think it's worth more than two late first rounders (even if this is a deep draft). Do you guys foresee anyone in the 20's in this draft that is going to be better than Big Al and J. Smoove? My trade idea would be a bit silly without adding those picks.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 12:10:19 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I like the trade idea, but Bass would have to go to along with Johnson and a future pick probably

Atl sends: Williams, Smith
    gets : KG,Bass,Daniels,Johnson

Utah sends: Big AL
      gets: Williams, clippers pick and filler

Bos sends: KG,Bass ,Daniels,Johnson clippers pick/future pick
Bos gets : Big Al, J Smith

I don't think the c's will be able to land anyone better than these 2 for the next few years, and these guys don't have huge long term contracts . There are better free agents in 2014 so this trade would help us build around a young core for a few years of rondo,Big al and Smith and then make a decision going forward in 2014.

AMNESTY PP AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

That would be about 40 mil under contract meaning we would still have enough to offer a max contract!!!!!

Hello Dwight

Rondo
Ray
J Smith
Big AL
Dwight

18 !

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
OP here. I understand why you guys would want to keep picks in a total blowup, but to get two great big men, i think it's worth more than two late first rounders (even if this is a deep draft). Do you guys foresee anyone in the 20's in this draft that is going to be better than Big Al and J. Smoove? My trade idea would be a bit silly without adding those picks.

to be honest, i don't find your trade idea particularly realistic even with the picks involved.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I like the trade idea, but Bass would have to go to along with Johnson and a future pick probably

Atl sends: Williams, Smith
    gets : KG,Bass,Daniels,Johnson

Utah sends: Big AL
      gets: Williams, clippers pick and filler

Bos sends: KG,Bass ,Daniels,Johnson clippers pick/future pick
Bos gets : Big Al, J Smith

I don't think the c's will be able to land anyone better than these 2 for the next few years, and these guys don't have huge long term contracts . There are better free agents in 2014 so this trade would help us build around a young core for a few years of rondo,Big al and Smith and then make a decision going forward in 2014.

AMNESTY PP AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

That would be about 40 mil under contract meaning we would still have enough to offer a max contract!!!!!

Hello Dwight

Rondo
Ray
J Smith
Big AL
Dwight

18 !
would love to watch that team & it would be the best rebounding & shotblocking team in the league. BUT! That's not a championship team because the spacing offensively would be bad & J-Smoove would end up having to take too many jumpers. We would need a sharp shooting 3-man along side D-12 & Big AL to be at the 18 level with that unit. But what a unit that would be.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

to be honest, i don't find your trade idea particularly realistic even with the picks involved.
And I don't see a Jefferson, Smith, Rondo team as a contender even with Pierce and the like, so what is the point?  If you aren't moving to a title contender than why make moves that saddle long term
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett

really it's probably not going to happen. But it isn't that unrealistic. What part is a complete no-go? The only thing i would see holding this up would be Atlanta not wanting to blow it up just yet.

And I don't see a Jefferson, Smith, Rondo team as a contender even with Pierce and the like, so what is the point?  If you aren't moving to a title contender than why make moves that saddle long term

It's not that long term. Jsmoove is only on for another year unless we resign him. I think Big Al is a peice for the future either way.