Author Topic: Should we do a Josh Smith trade?  (Read 3575 times)

Should we do a Josh Smith trade?
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
The Hawks have showed interest in KG earlier.. could they still want him ?

The only way I'd do it tho, was if KG did not find himself again.. Danny has said that if things doesn't get better, changes WILL be done.

Jay Smoove and Rondo together is combined 30-40 pts, 15-20 assists and 15-20 rebounds a night.. Heck, with Green back next year: Rondo,Ray(?),Green/Pierce,Smith,??.. contender, for sure. Also, Smith and Rajon are friends.. High school together.. Josh attended his game in Beantown not too long ago..

Would like to hear your trade suggestions, and thoughts..

EDIT:
I think the Hawks would want to start fresh next season... Move Horford to the 4. Continue to develop Teague, Joe Johnson will still be there.. AND, they would (could) recieve our clippers pick.. or our own in the trade. I really think ATL needs to start over.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:35:34 AM by KP43 »
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

Re: Should we do a Josh Smith trade?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:26:18 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

The only way I'd do it tho, was if KG did not find himself again.. Danny has said that if things doesn't get better, changes WILL be done.

Jay Smoove and Rondo together is combined 30-40 pts, 15-20 assists and 15-20 rebounds a night.. Heck, with Green back next year: Rondo,Ray(?),Green/Pierce,Smith,??.. contender, for sure. Also, Smith and Rajon are friends.. High school together.. Josh attended his game in Beantown not too long ago..

I used to say no, but seeing as how J Smith is going ham this year, i think it would be a good idea. Besides that, and i think this is really important, Perk leaving definetly hurt Rondo. Bringing in one of his best friends, I think, could only do good for Rajon. It would certainly be an exciting team with Rondo, Green, and Smith. Depending on what we could do in the draft, that team could be a fast break machine.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:18:35 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla

I used to say no, but seeing as how J Smith is going ham this year, i think it would be a good idea. Besides that, and i think this is really important, Perk leaving definetly hurt Rondo. Bringing in one of his best friends, I think, could only do good for Rajon. It would certainly be an exciting team with Rondo, Green, and Smith. Depending on what we could do in the draft, that team could be a fast break machine.

You said it better than me. Totally agree, TP

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 06:34:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Atlanta showed interest in KG, but I've never seen a story, rumor, etc. that said they would have moved Josh Smith for KG and given just how bad KG has been this year, I wouldn't expect any team to trade Smith for KG. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 06:42:07 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I would definitely do it now, giving KG's on the downside. But I bet the Hawks would definitely want to just piece their bigs situation together with Pachulia and picking someone else up instead of trading one of their one young cornerstones then trading for an aging KG that is clearly going the other way.

But if the Celtics could pull it off, how good would a core of Rondo/Smith/Green/Bass/Pierce/Allen look to Dwight Howard in the offseason?

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Trouble is will Green sign here?

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:39 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The trade would have be slightly bigger for it to make sense for both teams. Noway ATL trades JS for KG straight up.
KG, Green(S/T), and Bradley
JSmith, Zaza, and Tmac

KG is my fav player ever, but he is halfway out the backdoor of his prime and is the most sensible trade piece right now

Rondo,Ray,Pierce,Smith,Zaza would make an insane fast break team.
Pietrus and Tmac stay as the 6th men combo and the rest is gravy.
Use the draft for 2 years to pick up Pierce and Ray replacements
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

Offline aries31

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I wouldn't do it, i mean you have to look at the facts kg has been fine but he's not the main problem. He needs help in the middle.j.o is not shaq or perk, it's no secret that kg plays better with a big mean defensive presence, and presence has not been there since shaq got injured and perk was traded. if u get a physical big man in the middle along side kg u are looking at a different team. the 5 is the problem not the 4. kg has been playing the same for a few seasons and it was fine last year and the years before even though he should shoot more but he still isn't the problem. this team has excellent pieces. better pieces than they had 07-08, the only thing thats missing is a real center. someone who can make you think twice about going in the paint like shaq and perk did. the person i think they might get lucky and get without giving up too much is anderson varejao. cleveland is rebuilding so why not give them johnson, moore, wilcox,pavlovic,and possibly j.o. we're not giving up anything but they gain experience plus 2 rookies who are gonna be really good.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
If I'm the Hawks, the guy I'd be targeting with Smith is Marcin Gortat (and a pick).

Hawks get a big guy to put alongside Horford, Suns get a youngish  player to build around and Smoothe would be a lot of fun with Nash.

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Id love to have Smith on this team but I dont think anyone does KG for Smith at this point. And now without Horford, Smith should be a necessity for the Hawks.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Atlanta can get more for Smith.

Nor does this trade do much for us. Even with Smith, PP, Rondo and Green we are below championship caliber, and Green/Smith use up our cap room.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
FTR, there's no way the Hawks do this deal but....

KG and Horford would be an awfully fun pairing. Really strong defensive pairing, and you'd get some incredible interior passing. They'd be so good that they might even make Marvin Williams look like an acceptable offensive player.

Only problem I'd have with the pairing is that I think the best way to capitalize on Horford would be a more traditional center. He's a great passer in the block, and I think he'd kill it with someone who likes staying under the hoop.

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 03:22:59 AM »

Offline bostonn4liiffe

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Its sad to say this but if there gonna trade KG its now or never every day he loses value (1 of my favorte players) but if they could get smith they would need to toss in some one else but that would be great they need a young center who can battel the boards and put up some points they also need a player who can come out every night and drop 20 30 or even 40 points a game if they got that with rondo man id say we could get another ring

[/quote]