Author Topic: Im just wondering, is everyone going to be this dramatic every time we lose?  (Read 5862 times)

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
This is reasonable and well thought out.

Last few years that was a reasonable comment and I'm sure I overreacted many occasions. I guess that's part of being a die hard fan.  

This year just feels different.  Nobody gets easy baskets or baskets at the rim with the exception of Rondo.  They have no Post game and are strictly a jump shooting team.  Rebounding has always been an issue and that seems worse as well.

Change is inevitable after this year so I think it is very legitimate to be concerned for the future.  The next 8-9 months things are going to dramatically change.  Danny can go so many different directions with the rebuild (trades/FA/draft picks)

I think he will trade Ray this year if they hover around 500 before the trade deadline as he is the most attractive piece to a playoff team.  Imagine Allen on the Bulls.. Maybe we could pry Asik or Gibson?

Perhaps Josh Smith for Ray with some other things included.  He makes close to Rays salary and is close child hood friends with Rondo.  He is the type of player we should surround rondo with as is Jeff Green. Guys who are incredibly quick and can finish the on the Break.  Rondo had a few breakaways but KG couldn't catch up..

Possibly trade KG if someone was looking for a salary dump. Maybe Al Jefferson or someone like that who is likely not in his teams long term plans.  

Pierce is interesting as a team like the Bulls could really use him.. Maybe a Pierce for some of their young pieces...  I know everyone hates the idea of Pierce not finishing with the Celts.  I do too, but if it helps the team long term.  In the end Pierce's place in Boston Lore is secure regardless if he plays for other teams..  Karl Malone isn't though of differently for playing with the Lakers neither is Pippen for playing on the Rockets..  It's something we need to let go of. If he can land us some assets you do it.. You can have some big events a couple years later at the Garden in his honor.

Danny could get some things done if he has the cajones, which we know he has..  I just wonder what type of record it would take for him to start firing.

FA is a scary thought as FA $$$ is no guarantee to work out for teams sans the Miami heat.  think about the Pistons (Charlie V, Ben Gordon anyone).  Unless you get a superstar it really doesn't help you much.  Seems we need to get some high draft picks or make some great trades...

Danny's legacy as a GM will likely be determined in the next 8-9 months..

Time to just sit back and watch...
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
First year on CB?

Nothing new, here.

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
In response to ianboyextreme's initial comment/question:

It's not so much that the team is losing, it's how they're playing in general.  Even their wins weren't pretty.  People who understand basketball can look at the team's 4 wins and see victories over teams with a combined 5-26 record.  Every talented team they've played they've lost to (and throw in NO for good measure).  Pierce being injured or under-conditioned shouldn't equate to automatic victories, not when the Spurs can win without Manu and the Heat can win without James and Wade. 

Even if they had beaten the Mavs last night (another .500 team, mind you), there would still be questions regarding turnovers, poor shot selection, poor conditioning, poor offensive efficiency, poor defensive rotation, the lack of any true center, their horrific rebounding numbers, and their propensity to fall behind by 10+ points in each game.

It's true that a win would have mitigated much of those issues for one evening, but those issues are still there, win or lose. 

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
CelticG1; Excellent post, in my opinion. You are correct in your appreciation of what goes on in here. Red said it once when we had won one of our banners, and ill be paraphrasin:"Enjoy the day, fellas, cause when you lose two straight next season, the fans are going to be asking for your necks."
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Every loss we have, all the naysayers come out and scream armageddon. Were gonna lose some more games this year, so you guys need to get a hold of yourselves if you want to keep you sanity. I mean after every game its like "ok we won we might be ok...oh we lost again were missing the playoffs... alright we won maybe were not so bad after all".
The outcome of every game doesnt dictate how our overall season success will be, win OR lose.

While I would agree that their is a big change in mood here from  win or loss, this loss has more reason to worry/complain/be very frustrated.

Since the majority of the posters are intense fans of the celtics or just know the game really well, a loss still hurts. While a loss to below .500 team stings, a loss to a contender like Dallas shows we are not on the same level, at least for the time being. I still have hope though. Reminds me of the 2009-10 season, 50-32 i think? But ya a lot of losses and close games and frustration but they pulled off some magic.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)