Author Topic: Andrew Bogut?  (Read 1662 times)

Andrew Bogut?
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74
What is everyone's opinion on him? For whatever reason, I get this feeling that the Bucks just aren't high on him, but neither am I.  He's also due 14M the next two years after this one.  He's been far less aggressive since having that horrible arm injury a few years back.  However, at the end of the day he's still a 7 footer with some game.  Would you will be willing to make a move to get Bogut and what would you give up? The Bucks are spinning their wheels and are going nowhere, so they'd part with him for the right deal.

Re: Andrew Bogut?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
He's gonna get you 15 and 10 with great defense. Definitely a valuable player in my opinion when he's healthy.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I was hoping to see some progress offensively this season from Bogut after his poor showing last year ... show that he had fully recovered from that horrific injury but unfortunately there has been little sign of progress so far.

Still, it's very early in the season. Hopefully, he'll improve as the year goes on and get back to his best (offensively). He has only played 5 games so far.

As for the Celtics, we have nothing Milwaukee wants. There is no trade to be made.

In terms of on-court value, I'd say Bogut is a top 40 player in the league.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I've always been high on him. I haven't seen enough of him since the injury though.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74
He's gonna get you 15 and 10 with great defense. Definitely a valuable player in my opinion when he's healthy.

Bogut has averaged 15-10 only once in his career (the season he got hurt.) 

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
joe theisman sort of injury  :-[
I'd welcome him to the celtics any day.  He could put up much better numbers and be a better player on a different team/coach

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I've always been high on him. I haven't seen enough of him since the injury though.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. +1
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So, as far as current trade threads go, we are going to:

Trade Ray to Atlanta for Josh Smith (and Pachulia)
Trade Pierce to GS for D. Wright and David Lee
Trade (KG) to Milwaukee for Andrew Bogut

I am sure some picks and filler would be involved, but I guess I am not totally opposed to any of these from a pure talent standpoint. As a Celtics fan, I would be sad to see this team change so much.