Author Topic: Celts/T-Wolves trade idea  (Read 6833 times)

Celts/T-Wolves trade idea
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
With Derrick Williams and Ricky Rubio looking like future starters, I'm wondering if we can pry Beasley and Ridnour away from Kahn.  Anthony Randolph can back up Williams, so they would still have depth.  O'neal, JJJ, Bradley, and our own #1 pick could get it done.

Starters

C- Garnett
PF - Beasley
SF - Pierce
SG - Ray
PG - Rondo

2nd unit

C - Stiemsma
PF - Bass
SF - Pietrus
SG - Dooling
PG - Ridnour

Note: JJJ cannot be traded until tomorrow, and I know that Beasley is currently hurt but should be back soon.

Re: Celts/T-Wolves trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Please, no.  Not Michael Beasley.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday

May I ask why?

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
With Derrick Williams and Ricky Rubio looking like future starters, I'm wondering if we can pry Beasley and Ridnour away from Kahn.  Anthony Randolph can back up Williams, so they would still have depth.  O'neal, JJJ, Bradley, and our own #1 pick could get it done.

Starters

C- Garnett
PF - Beasley
SF - Pierce
SG - Ray
PG - Rondo

2nd unit

C - Stiemsma
PF - Bass
SF - Pietrus
SG - Dooling
PG - Ridnour

Note: JJJ cannot be traded until tomorrow, and I know that Beasley is currently hurt but should be back soon.

What's the purpose of this trade?  it can't be the acquisition of Beasley.  he'd be a less versatile Jeff Green for us and doesn't address the biggest need we have which is either a vet big man or a backup SG that can score.

Also, your proposed lineup would be a mess trying to control the defensive boards.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

May I ask why?

Headcase/ballhog.  

However, I actually think this is an intriguing trade that would be considered by both teams.  I am not really sure what Beasley's value around the league is right now, but I would not be surprised if this could get it done.  

While Beasley is a major questionmark, this is the type of deal which could make or break this season, without killing the team too much going forward...although I would bring Beasley off the bench as instant offense (I also don't think he is a PF).

It will be interesting to watch whether Danny does look at a move like this closer to the deadline.  

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

May I ask why?
He's not a PF and he's not that good.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

May I ask why?

Because he's awful.  Currently he's probably the least efficient player in the NBA, averaging less than a point per shot attempt and 3 turnovers per assist. Ugh!!

I guess you could say he's just off to a bad start, but his career numbers aren't much better.  

I don't like him and don't think he'd be a good fit for the Celtics.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Not crazy about Ridnour's deal cutting into our cap space.  If we're going to trade for a guard on a long-term contract, I'd rather a combo guard who can see some minutes alongside Rondo (and thus get his minute range well above the 10-12mpg available behind Rondo).

Not really interested in Beasley this year.  More of a project than an immediate contributor given his issues with defense and efficiency.  I'd only pursue him if our title aspirations are toast at the deadline.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I've always wanted to like Beasley and would have considered signing him when he was a FA, but I really hate to give up anything for him - O'Neal is our center right now (like it or not), JJJ still has potential, and I hate to trade a first. Let's see how Pietrus fits in before we start trading away all of our assets.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
With Derrick Williams and Ricky Rubio looking like future starters, I'm wondering if we can pry Beasley and Ridnour away from Kahn.  Anthony Randolph can back up Williams, so they would still have depth.  O'neal, JJJ, Bradley, and our own #1 pick could get it done.

Starters

C- Garnett
PF - Beasley
SF - Pierce
SG - Ray
PG - Rondo

2nd unit

C - Stiemsma
PF - Bass
SF - Pietrus
SG - Dooling
PG - Ridnour

What's the purpose of this trade?  it can't be the acquisition of Beasley.  he'd be a less versatile Jeff Green for us and doesn't address the biggest need we have which is either a vet big man or a backup SG that can score.

Also, your proposed lineup would be a mess trying to control the defensive boards.

The purpose of this trade is to add a quality young talent to the roster.  I know that people are concerned with our defense, but we go through long stretches of not being able to score.  Beasley was solid last year - he shot 45% from the field, 37% from deep, and 75% from the line.  He can also get his own shot, and will cause all kinds of matchup problems.  He can get out on the break with Rondo and won't take all kinds of silly shots once Doc reels him in.  He also averaged 7 rebs a game last year in 32 min, so it's not like he can't board.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I have ZERO interest in Michael Beasley.  Dude is an unrepentant chucker, and not even an efficient one.  No thanks.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday

May I ask why?

Because he's awful.  Currently he's probably the least efficient player in the NBA, averaging less than a point per shot attempt and 3 turnovers per assist. Ugh!!

I guess you could say he's just off to a bad start, but his career numbers aren't much better.  

I don't like him and don't think he'd be a good fit for the Celtics.  

I understand his #'s this year haven't been great, but it's a small sample size.  He shot 45% from the field last year, 37% from deep, and 75% from the line. That's pretty efficient if you ask me.  He basically put up 19 and 6 in 32 minutes a game last year, and I actually think he's a better player than Jeff Green.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 11:53:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

May I ask why?

When he was needed as the 2nd option in the playoffs, he played so bad, the coach benched him.

But he can put up great numbers on a terrible team without a lot of scoring.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm not saying I want him, but he just turned 23 and seems to be getting better every year.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm not saying I want him, but he just turned 23 and seems to be getting better every year.

He got better last year on a team with little talent outside of Love.

This year, he is having the worst season of his career now that there is more talent around him.