Author Topic: Mavericks (5-5) at Celics (4-4) 1/11  (Read 74973 times)

Re: Mavericks (5-5) at Celics (4-4) 1/11
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Looking forward to getting off work and watching this one at home. I agree with everybody. With the 4 days off, time to practice and Pietrus's debut, I think we need to win this one or my panic meter will go up +1. We have every reason we could to win this game.

Also, they played last night and had to travel... if they lose to us it doesn't say much but if we lose, it's not panic time but it will say we have A LOT of work to do (I'd also be sad and upset)!

Let's also not forget that our last game was awful! We should have something to prove after that stinker!!!

Go Celtics!!!!
Sometimes team show rust after an extended break.  It would not surprise me to see the Mavs win the first quarter or perhaps the first half, then the C's to blow them away in the 2nd half when the Mavs get winded.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This game is big to me in getting a read on this team.

The Mavs are playing the second of a back to back roadie and are playing without a starter as Kidd isn't playing.

The Celtics are coming off a four day break and have been in their own homes sleeping in their own beds for over week. They also will be playing with a full compliment of players for the first time all year.

The Celtics should win. I could care less how they win, but they should win.

If they come out with another poor showing like they did against Indy, that's a bad sign and I think I may need to adjust my long term prognosis of this team for this year.

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
This is a big game for Mavs and Celtics to get a win against a good team. Celtics need to come out strong and play 48 minutes of basketball to win this game.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This is a big game for Mavs and Celtics to get a win against a good team. Celtics need to come out strong and play 48 minutes of basketball to win this game.

I would actually like for this game to be a close game until the fourth where we pull away, I think if we were to get up big too early we would fall asleep and think it's a W, then the Mavs catch a second wind (their bench) and the hack away and beat us in a comeback! I would be okay if I thought we would get a big lead and hold onto it but they haven't shown me (this nor last season) that they can hold onto a big lead in "big" games! I'll definitely take a blowout W but I'd rather see a focused 5pt win where we show measurable improvement!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 07:48:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I would actually like for this game to be a close game until the fourth where we pull away, I think if we were to get up big too early we would fall asleep and think it's a W, then the Mavs catch a second wind (their bench) and the hack away and beat us in a comeback! I would be okay if I thought we would get a big lead and hold onto it but they haven't shown me (this nor last season) that they can hold onto a big lead in "big" games! I'll definitely take a blowout W but I'd rather see a focused 5pt win where we show measurable improvement!
TP. Awesome points. I agree 1000%.

BTW, just want to mention how much I enjoy your posts. You really bring a lot to this board. Kkeep up the great posting.

:D  :D

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm looking for our BIGS to produce show me somethin they been lousy

and not just the bigs everybody REBOUND the dang ball
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »

Kiorrik

I agree with most of that, 'cept for the "rather see a focused 5pt win" bit. I'd still rather see a huge blowout, mainly because I think we haven't seen that much in the past 2 seasons. A blowout would at least confirm that we're definitely still contending for a title. What I loved most about the 07/08 season, was that we had the occasional blowout win, and combined them with hard fought wins.

Right now, we have hard fought wins, and blowout losses :p

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm looking for our BIGS to produce show me somethin they been lousy

and not just the bigs everybody REBOUND the dang ball

Agreed. Our rebounding has been nothing short of atrocious.

How does the saying go? "No rebounds, no rings?" Yeah...

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Oh, great news, marquis is playing...WOW..how can we lose now.....!!! That slashing style, his dynamic rebounding and defense, strong dunks, and pnpoint passing..! Go MD..!

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Carter just pulled a hammy

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Is it just me or does it seem like Rondo has missed more layups this year than Ray Allen has missed three pointers.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Carter looks very old and slow..!

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
JO is great at that.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Who is that guy West, and where did they get him...he can move and score.....!!

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Is it just me or does it seem like Rondo has missed more layups this year than Ray Allen has missed three pointers.

Yup he has.