Author Topic: Trade Idea-Pierce to GS  (Read 11301 times)

Re: Trade Idea-Pierce to GS
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 03:05:35 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I am all for this trade proposal for as long as we also move Rondo + JO for Nash and Lopez. That way we still have a go-to guy in Nash and we keep a stronger and younger frontline. Moving PP with those GS guys and letting Rondo stay will not make the team much better. So, from the OP's proposal we acquire Kwame/DWright/KThompson/Tyler/pick + we also get Nash/RLopez. We get young in the middle and we maintain a degree of stability from our scorers, playmakers and rebounders. The next question will be, who are we cutting since we will be having an excess of 3 players?

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 05:30:26 AM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Pierce is priceless for the Boston Celtics and everyone knows Danny would destabilize the universe by trading Pierce. Any move involving Pierce is so horrible even Stern would disallow it, as much as he hates us.

If these trade talks involving Pierce, KG and Allen continue, Rondo's gonna ask for a trade.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:36:36 AM by LeoMoreno »

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd say the 2012 draft pick is the centerpiece (#12-#14 in draft), Tyler the secondary asset (long term project) and Klay Thompson the third most valuable piece in the puzzle.

With Kwame Brown as nothing more than cap filler since the C's won't be title contenders anymore without Pierce.

The only problem is, if the Warriors 2012 1st round pick is not in the top 7, Utah will own it.
Ah okay, so then it would be pick further into the future.

Golden State should be a playoff team by then. Non-lottery pick. Probable high teens.

That makes the trade package considerably less attractive. There sounds like there will be some very talented players available late in the lottery in next year's draft. Without that pick being in this specific draft, with a very good chance at getting one of those players, it's a much less attractive asset.

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
OK, I modified a Pierce to G.S. trade:

Pierce to Warriors.

David Lee and Dorrel Wright to 76ers

Evan Thomas and Andres Nocioni to Celtics.

1. Boston still gets youn g piece to go with rondo in Thomas and more cap relief in Nocioni.

2. G.S. gets Pierce without giving up either of their star guards. They would also get Brackins from 76ers as filler. 

3. Philly gives up young piece for someone in David Lee who can play alongside Brand and/or give them more athleticism at center.  Wright would get minutes behing Iggy, Young, and Meeks on the wing. 

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Pierce to Warriors.

1. Boston still gets youn g piece to go with rondo in Thomas and more cap relief in Nocioni.

2. G.S. gets Pierce without giving up either of their star guards. They would also get Brackins from 76ers as filler. 

3. Philly gives up young piece for someone in David Lee who can play alongside Brand and/or give them more athleticism at center.  Wright would get minutes behing Iggy, Young, and Meeks on the wing. 
yuck.  I think you mean Turner not Thomas.  PP is better than both of them combined.  getting  younger in this case does not mean getting better

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Pierce to Warriors.

Pierce for Turner is an interesting idea. That would make Phily a genuine title contender and give Boston a high quality young prospect to work with.

I'd dump out Golden State from the trade. Adds nothing to the deal.

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Only person I'm trading Pierce for on Golden State is Nate Robinson.  We just have to find a way to get the salaries to match. Maybe they throw in Ellis and David Lee?  ;D
We all think we know more than we really do....

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
A Pierce trade would have to be a part of something big. For example:

1) Somehow get Pierce to a playoff team that thinks it contend for a couple of years with him but also has valuable young assets, high draft pick, etc. Couldn't find a match.

2) Get in the middle of a Dwight Howard deal, for example:

Lopez, Pierce, Marshon Brooks, future #1 to Orlando
Howard, Turkoglu to New Jersey
Okur, Farmar, NJ #1 pick 2012 to Boston

This of course assumes that even with this trade, NJ ends up as a top-5 pick in this draft.

Seems highly unlikely to say the least. We don't be dropping Pierce just to save money and rebuild. Won't and shouldn't happen.

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If Pierce is to be traded, which he won't (maybe next year if he wants it), there's only one place I could see him going....L.A. Clippers...and they'd be real good.

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
If Pierce is to be traded, which he won't (maybe next year if he wants it), there's only one place I could see him going....L.A. Clippers...and they'd be real good.

Thought of this too, but since they ended up dealing Gordon, Aminu AND the Minnesota pick, there's really nothing we could get from them (we already own their 1st rounder...)

If they had kept the Minny pick it would have been interesting... a good return for Pierce, and Clippers would be tempted to contend right away with Paul / Billups / Pierce / Griffin / Jordan and Butler as the 6th man...

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Thought of this too, but since they ended up dealing Gordon, Aminu AND the Minnesota pick, there's really nothing we could get from them (we already own their 1st rounder...)

If they had kept the Minny pick it would have been interesting... a good return for Pierce, and Clippers would be tempted to contend right away with Paul / Billups / Pierce / Griffin / Jordan and Butler as the 6th man...

If Pierce wants to be traded next year it will be because Ray and KG are gone and a likely rebuild year will be underway.  In such a scenario, I think the Celtics would take a future first (maybe two firsts since the picks would be later first round) and moderate players for Pierce.... but that's just a guess within a hypothetical

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Pierce to Warriors.

Pierce for Turner is an interesting idea. That would make Phily a genuine title contender and give Boston a high quality young prospect to work with.

I'd dump out Golden State from the trade. Adds nothing to the deal.

Yeah, this is a very interesting general trade idea.  I think Turner might end up having a Pierce/Iguodala-like career actually.  A SF with some size who can do a little of everything.  Probably more of a well-rounded player like Iggy than an offensive focal point like Pierce though.  No way this happens until the end of the season though.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Sorry guys,

I meant Turner.

I hate to deal Pierce to a division team like 76ers.  Thats one reason I brought in Warriors.  Other reasons are he is from out west and the Sixers have a ton of athletic wings, but David Lee could actually help them. 

Also, bringing Paul Piece into the Dwight Howard conversation makes a lot of sense.  Say Golden State pulls the trigger on this deal, then turns around and ships Steph Curry in a deal for Dwight Howard.  Im assuming the Warriors would have to be well under the cap to be able to trade Curry for Howard. 

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Pierce to Warriors.

I was actually thinking about another trade with the Sixers, I thought they might be interested in KG because Brand just isn't going to cut it and they need some post D Hawes is terrible on D. I was thinking Turner, Vucevic and Brand (to match salaries) for KG,
would give us an SG that can go out there right away and see if he can succeed with the team built around him like he did in college, Vucevic has a great offensive face up, low post, and long range shot. Plus he's a good rebounder, lack of athletiscm and help  D are the only real knocks on him.

Pierce for Thad Young and Turner would be a sweet deal too.

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280