Author Topic: Trade Idea-Pierce to GS  (Read 11331 times)

Trade Idea-Pierce to GS
« on: January 07, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
 Paul Pierce grew up in Oakland, so I don't think any bridges would be burned between he and the Celtics for this trade. GS is a young up and coming team. Here's my idea

Paul Pierce to the Warriors for Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler, GS 1st round pick and Kwame Brown's expiring.

Celtics pick up a nice wing scorer in Thompson, a project in Tyler that a lot of people wanted last year for his potential, and a first round pick that should be top 20. Salaries are a bit off so might have to add someone in or replace tyler with Udoh or throw in Dorrell

GS is a legit threat, if they can somehow pick up a Javales McGee type that can run with their team and play defense in the paint they could be dangerous. Curry/Monta/Pierce/Lee is plenty of scoring and they could be that kinda team that's a 6 seed and makes it to the WCF

Re: Trade Idea-Pierce to GS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
4.7 ppg on 33% shooting is a nice young scorer?

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yeah I actually like Thompson, but I don't think he's going to be a starter in this league.  I think he's going to be a career 6th, 7th, 8th guy and there's nothing wrong with that.  Plenty of guys have made a career off that, but he's not someone I'd make the centerpiece of a trade if I was trying to deal Pierce.
do it

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd say the 2012 draft pick is the centerpiece (#12-#14 in draft), Tyler the secondary asset (long term project) and Klay Thompson the third most valuable piece in the puzzle.

With Kwame Brown as nothing more than cap filler since the C's won't be title contenders anymore without Pierce.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Nice try, but it's actually 6 ppg on 42% shooting off the bench. He's gotten some playing time this month, averging 10 ppg and 50% from 3, but it's his rookie year. He was drafted for his shooting ability.

There is no centerpiece like the cp3 trade, but it's 4 very nice assets, 5 if you wanna throw in Dorrell in there for salary purposes

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
There is no centerpiece like the cp3 trade, but it's 4 very nice assets, 5 if you wanna throw in Dorrell in there for salary purposes
Dorell Wright would be pretty cool.

I really like the idea of him and Rondo together in the backcourt. Great length. Could make for a very active team defense playing the passing lanes and forcing turnovers. Good rebounding. Wright gives nice jump-shooting and is a willing scorer to help Rondo out. Also a pretty good ball-handler and passer. I like it.

More interested in D.Wright than K.Thompson as a long term two alongside Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Dorell Wright would be pretty cool.

I really like the idea of him and Rondo together in the backcourt. Great length. Could make for a very active team defense playing the passing lanes and forcing turnovers. Good rebounding. Wright gives nice jump-shooting and is a willing scorer to help Rondo out. Also a pretty good ball-handler and passer. I like it.

More interested in D.Wright than K.Thompson as a long term two alongside Rondo.

I've always been a Dorell Wright fan as well.  Last off-season, I was very interested in trying to pursue him as a free agent, but it doesn't seem like he was ever really on Danny's radar then. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Nice try, but it's actually 6 ppg on 42% shooting off the bench. He's gotten some playing time this month, averging 10 ppg and 50% from 3, but it's his rookie year. He was drafted for his shooting ability.

My bad, I had a site that hadn't updated after his last game. But fun fact, he's averaging 1 ppg in games the Warriors have won.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6475/klay-thompson

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Pierce spent so many good years here...it would be sad to see him go. Did Larry get traded when he was old? He should forever remain a Celtic - It'll add to his legacy.

If we must trade Pierce, however, I want nothing less than a superstar. 
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow... Holy horrible Batman, what an ugly ugly ugly trade for us.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Non-Starter

Pierce will never be traded.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
i have lost faith in humanity.  ::)

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
*Reads title*  Wow, somebody's a Monta fan.

*Reads OP*

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Paul Pierce grew up in Oakland, so I don't think any bridges would be burned between he and the Celtics for this trade. GS is a young up and coming team. Here's my idea

Paul Pierce to the Warriors for Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler, GS 1st round pick and Kwame Brown's expiring.

Celtics pick up a nice wing scorer in Thompson, a project in Tyler that a lot of people wanted last year for his potential, and a first round pick that should be top 20. Salaries are a bit off so might have to add someone in or replace tyler with Udoh or throw in Dorrell

GS is a legit threat, if they can somehow pick up a Javales McGee type that can run with their team and play defense in the paint they could be dangerous. Curry/Monta/Pierce/Lee is plenty of scoring and they could be that kinda team that's a 6 seed and makes it to the WCF

hmm
someone help me out, i cannot figure out on the site how to deduct tommy points

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I don't think there is anything wrong with ideas like this.  I wish Red had traded Bird (et al) when he had the chance to get something.  A unique opportunity awaits as soon as Danny decides that there is nothing he can do to make the current team a contender this year.   When that switch is flipped, I hope he is 'all in' with regard to attaining assets/ potential assets. Promising youth, draft picks and cap space will allow for a chance at a relatively quick rebuild.