Author Topic: Total Rebuild: Pierce for Tyreke  (Read 2393 times)

Total Rebuild: Pierce for Tyreke
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
OK ive seen the other Tyreke trade thread.  I actually brought up trading Paul to Golden State a while back in a similar scenerio, but I like this better.

Trade Paul to Sacramento for John Salmons and Tyreke Evans.

Sacramento then puts Jimmer in the starting lineup to replace Salmons.  If Tyreke cant flourish playing alongside Marcus Thornton, they bring in Paul Pierce who is still one of the leagues best small forwards.

Boston takes Salmons and ships him to Philly for Andres Nocioni who is in the final year of his contact.  Philly sheds a player they arent using and they get a backup guard to give quality minutes behind Evan Turner, Louis Williams, and Jrue Holiday.

Boston lets KG, Ray Allen, JO, and Nocioni walk at the end of the year.

In the offseason, you have tons of cash to go with a back court of Rajon Rondo and Tyreke Evans.  Obviosuly you go after Kevin Love.  Maybe you also go after Roy Hibbert.  You draft a couple of athletes in the top 20-25 picks and you have a pretty good young nucleus of 6 or 7 young players. You still have Avery Bradley, Brando Bass, Jujuan Johnson and ETwuan Moore  and of course Steimsma coming back. 

Maybe you package your picks and go for a top 10 or 12 pick.

Roy Hibbert  Greg Steimsma

Kevin Love   Brandon Bass   

Draft Pick (Perry Jones or Thomas Robinson)  JuJuan Johnson

Tyreke Evans    E'Twaun Moore

Rajon Rondo   Avery Bradley

Re: Total Rebuild: Pierce for Tyreke
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
This doesn't make much sense for either team, honestly.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Sacramento is not even close to contending right now. They'd have no reason to get a veteran player like Pierce.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
here we go again...

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No not tyreke. Rudy Gay I would have to think about though.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 12:45:30 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
I knew a Pierce trade thread was coming after tonight's game lol ya'll put a lot of effort into these wild ideas do you watch other teams play? Tyreke is a ball dominating combo guard wit a shaky jumper how would he benefit us again?

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I could possibly entertain the idea of trading Pierce for a very good young player at less money than Pierce to entice Dwight to come here in the offseason.  I'm not too high on Tyreke being a starting SG for a championship team though.

I wonder if Dwight would be interested in joining Rondo and Gay?  Young enough for his window... those 3 would be the foundation of an excellent defensive team...  It sounds intriguing.  Wow, if we started Avery Bradley and KG (resigned) along those 3, I think that could be one of the best defensive starting lineups in NBA history (no exaggeration).  KG isn't the athlete he was before, but he still plays defense smart enough to be a good defender.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 01:44:34 AM »

Offline fredrock

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
who in their right mind would trade tyreke evans or worst rudy gay for paul pierce. Dont get me wrong paul pierce is a great player and a future hall of famer but he has maybe 2 good years left in him. And Kevin Love and Roy Hibbert are restricted free agents so theres no amount of money we can offer kevin love that minnesota wont match. David Khan might seem stupid but his not THAT stupid. these trades are way to lopsided to us, not realistic.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Offline bagwell368

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but no way GS does it. I'd defitantly buy low on tyreke right now, he showed so much promise his rookie season, if he doesn't have the Rondo problem and can work on his jumper he'll be a top 5 SG in this league. Monta was on the verge of being traded for scraps but they kept him and he's playing amazing right now, that could be tyreke. I'd check on his price