Author Topic: Warriors pursuing Howard, offering Curry?  (Read 7813 times)

Re: Warriors pursuing Howard, offering Curry?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 12:07:15 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yall can add Knicks to the Mix!
The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall
(If they had a proper coach) This team could be great on D. Tyson Chandler on PF and Howard on C.
Its also a good trade for Magic, they should discuss this further..

That would be a great frontcourt defense wise... but very poor offensively.  I'd have a very hard time seeing Chandler as a PF and I'd expect them to move him if they did happen to aquire Dwight.

They still need a PG too.  But Dwight is so much better at his position than the rest of the league that they would be instantly better for sure.

EDIT: I'd guess Chandler would probably be in the deal for Dwight.  Something like Amare, Chandler, etc. for Howard, Hedo, etc.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Yall can add Knicks to the Mix!
The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall
(If they had a proper coach) This team could be great on D. Tyson Chandler on PF and Howard on C.
Its also a good trade for Magic, they should discuss this further..

That would be a great frontcourt defense wise... but very poor offensively.  I'd have a very hard time seeing Chandler as a PF and I'd expect them to move him if they did happen to aquire Dwight.

They still need a PG too.  But Dwight is so much better at his position than the rest of the league that they would be instantly better for sure.
They will have a darn hard time moving him with that contract, haha! Howard and Melo is fine scoring options, but you are right their offense (Which is believed to be their biggest strength) is going to be very poor.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I like Hedo Turkoglu (SF), Dorell Wright (SG) and Monta Ellis (PG) as a combination alongside a Dwight Howard and a David Lee.

That looks like the Magic of a few years ago. Below average defense and surrounding Howard with guys who just like to shoot a lot and hell hold down the paint.

A team that was a Courtney Lee missed layup and a few Dwight Howard missed FT's away from an NBA championship

A team that was a KG knee injury away from getting killed in the second round, possibly a Leon Powe knee injury from losing anyways.

Maybe I am remembering wrong but that Orlando finals wasnt even close.

Nope, you are right. The Lakers dominated Orlando the same way Houston dominated them in their previous appearance.

I guess it's subjective, but I'd have to say you are all remembering wrong...

Game 2 - Tie game.  Courtney Lee misses an open layup with less than a second left in the 4th that would have won the game.  Orlando ends up losing in OT.

Game 4 - Another game that Orlando loses in OT.  Dwight is at the FT line up by 3 with 11 seconds left.  Needs to hit 1/2 to seal the game, but misses both allowing Fisher to hit a game-tying 3 pointer to bring the game into OT.

They were a Lee missed layup and a missed FT away from being up 3-1 in that series with game 5 at home.  Again, I don't see how that series "wasn't close" or that Orlando got "dominated" other than just by looking at the 4-1 result.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Nets, Clippers, Warriors, Knicks, Miami. What has the world come to...

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
We got a shot at signing him.

Why?

Otis Smith.
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

big cities / markets and warm places.

seems like the world is the same as its ever been.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11

big cities / markets and warm places.

seems like the world is the same as its ever been.
No, I was referring to teams we laugh at, joke with, pity, disgust with awe, feel sad for while laughing at them, hate for being stupid thinking LeBron is their savior etc. In the last 60 years, it was 58 years that those teams hardly existed in the NBA.