Author Topic: Warriors pursuing Howard, offering Curry?  (Read 7798 times)

Re: Warriors pursuing Howard, offering Curry?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
would be kind of a sad showing on the state of the NBA players currently if 2 of the biggest stars would choose the Clippers and Warriors over a team like the celtics

The things (other than money) that matters to players today is totally different from pre SHAQ /Orlando.  Somewhere after this period alot of non basketball stuff has more to do with getting stars than actual basketball.

All I can say is film more movies in Boston, invite the Kardashian chicks , and other worthless social-lites to come hang out in Boston .

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Dumbasses in the NBA?  Really?

I mean Chris Paul turning down a deal to play with the big 3 in Boston so he can play for the Clippers, be the red headed step child of the Lakers, and try and teach Blake Griffin to do something, ANYTHING other than dunk, wasn't an indication of the sophistication level in the league?

Let Howard try and pick his team, please pick the Nets.  The entertainment that will ensue in 2 years when the Nets still stink will be classic.

Maybe then one of these guys will try and pick a winning franchise like the Celts.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I mean Chris Paul turning down a deal to play with the big 3 in Boston so he can play for the Clippers, be the red headed step child of the Lakers, and try and teach Blake Griffin to do something, ANYTHING other than dunk, wasn't an indication of the sophistication level in the league?

Let Howard try and pick his team, please pick the Nets.  The entertainment that will ensue in 2 years when the Nets still stink will be classic.

Maybe then one of these guys will try and pick a winning franchise like the Celts.
Chris Paul didn't turn down anything. Chris Paul has no control over where he's going to be traded.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I really like the Warriors jersey .. but the team still sucks!

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
try and teach Blake Griffin to do something, ANYTHING other than dunk, wasn't an indication of the sophistication level in the league?

This, this is the tragically misinformed part of your rant that got me to stop reading.

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Actually have you watched the Clippers. Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Billups and Butler is a good starting 5. Williams, Foye and Gomes give them a decent bench. Plus they have cap room and Minny's pick.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
The Bay Area has good weather, better than NJ. If Orlando wants to get a decent deal out of Howard (including Hedo), the Warriors will have to give up a duo out of this three: Biedrins, David Lee and Monta Ellis (because I am sure that the Magic would not want a damaged Curry) and future draft picks.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

If it is Howard and Williams, the team will not stink. 

I say if the Magic are willing to trade Howard for a PG, time to offer Rondo. 

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I like Hedo Turkoglu (SF), Dorell Wright (SG) and Monta Ellis (PG) as a combination alongside a Dwight Howard and a David Lee.

That looks like the Magic of a few years ago. Below average defense and surrounding Howard with guys who just like to shoot a lot and hell hold down the paint.

A team that was a Courtney Lee missed layup and a few Dwight Howard missed FT's away from an NBA championship

A team that was a KG knee injury away from getting killed in the second round, possibly a Leon Powe knee injury from losing anyways.

Maybe I am remembering wrong but that Orlando finals wasnt even close.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
try and teach Blake Griffin to do something, ANYTHING other than dunk, wasn't an indication of the sophistication level in the league?

This, this is the tragically misinformed part of your rant that got me to stop reading.

Tragically misinformed is a fantastic way to describe it. I'm not sure who the most talented power forward is in the NBA right now, especially with Stoudemire playing so inconsistently in the clustercuss that is NYK, but Griffin is in the top 4, maybe 5.

And as far as future prospects go, Griffin is the most promising frontcourt player in the NBA, with Kevin Love slightly behind.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Agreed. He would be a dumb*** if he signs with the Nets. We have the best passer in the NBA, and a darn good Vet in Pierce.

Ya I've been thinking a team of Dwill and howard, even with some other FA additions (who else would join them for less money?) will be bad. In that case, if he doesnt come here I hope he goes to Brooklyn.

If i were the magic, I wouldnt want Bynum (LA), Lopez(NJ), or Curry (GS) in exchange due to recent injuries or injury prone players.
[/quote]

Why would you think Dwill and Howard would be any worse than Rondo and Howard?  Outside of this forum, the vast majority of NBA fans think Dwill is better than Rondo.

Why would players not want to play for the Nets?...in NY, in a brand new arena, on a team with the best center in the league, an elite point guard, and good young players...with a celebrity owner.  Thats EXACTLY the type of place where players would choose to go for less money.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Tragically misinformed is a fantastic way to describe it. I'm not sure who the most talented power forward is in the NBA right now, especially with Stoudemire playing so inconsistently in the clustercuss that is NYK, but Griffin is in the top 4, maybe 5.

And as far as future prospects go, Griffin is the most promising frontcourt player in the NBA, with Kevin Love slightly behind.

I'm with you guys, Griffin is a top level rebounder, to ignore that is silly.

He needs to add a nice midrange J (he can hit it sometimes now, but a more consistent one would make it so hard to guard him with how explosive he is with that first step) and to become a better defender but he is already doing most of what you want out of your PF.  He just needs to round out his game and work on his D.

Agreed. He would be a dumb*** if he signs with the Nets. We have the best passer in the NBA, and a darn good Vet in Pierce.

Ya I've been thinking a team of Dwill and howard, even with some other FA additions (who else would join them for less money?) will be bad. In that case, if he doesnt come here I hope he goes to Brooklyn.

If i were the magic, I wouldnt want Bynum (LA), Lopez(NJ), or Curry (GS) in exchange due to recent injuries or injury prone players.

Why would you think Dwill and Howard would be any worse than Rondo and Howard?  Outside of this forum, the vast majority of NBA fans think Dwill is better than Rondo.

Why would players not want to play for the Nets?...in NY, in a brand new arena, on a team with the best center in the league, an elite point guard, and good young players...with a celebrity owner.  Thats EXACTLY the type of place where players would choose to go for less money.
[/quote]

Maybe... but Avery Johnson vs Doc Rivers?  I'd play for Doc in a heartbeat, Avery Johnson just seems like one of the worst coaches to play for to me.  Not that he can't coach from the X's and O's perspective, but he's the opposite of a players coach from what I can tell, and Doc is pretty much the epitome of a "players coach".

I'm starting to give Dallas a much better chance at those two guys personally.  It'll be interesting to see, but playing together with Dirk is a better option than some other teams are providing, unless something else comes up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:53:15 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I like Hedo Turkoglu (SF), Dorell Wright (SG) and Monta Ellis (PG) as a combination alongside a Dwight Howard and a David Lee.

That looks like the Magic of a few years ago. Below average defense and surrounding Howard with guys who just like to shoot a lot and hell hold down the paint.

A team that was a Courtney Lee missed layup and a few Dwight Howard missed FT's away from an NBA championship

A team that was a KG knee injury away from getting killed in the second round, possibly a Leon Powe knee injury from losing anyways.

Maybe I am remembering wrong but that Orlando finals wasnt even close.

Nope, you are right. The Lakers dominated Orlando the same way Houston dominated them in their previous appearance.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Monta Ellis is better than any player Dwight has ever played with. With Ellis' constant barrage of scoring, Dwight's paint presence, Ellis' steals, and Howard's blocks.... i wouldn't be surprised if the two of them could combine to lead the league in PPG, RPG, SPG, and BPG... surround that team with decend perimeter defenders and shooting? I wouldn't want to meet them in a playoff series.

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Yall can add Knicks to the Mix!
The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall
(If they had a proper coach) This team could be great on D. Tyson Chandler on PF and Howard on C.
Its also a good trade for Magic, they should discuss this further..
Jack of all trades, master of none.