Author Topic: Chucked the TV, now how do I watch the Celtics?  (Read 9435 times)

Re: Chucked the TV, now how do I watch the Celtics?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
The problem with league pass if you don't have cable and live locally is you can't watch the C's games because from your internet they know where you are located and the C's games will all be blacked out since they are played in CSN locally.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I'm making an effort to phase television out of my life, but I don't want the Celtics to go with it. 

You can get the Celtics and every other NBA game on satelite radio.  You only get the home announcers, so you've gotta listen to the other side for road games, but it's way, way cheaper than cable and I find myself actually more interested in hearing the games than watching them.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
VERY INTERESTED in what secret info you have their RondoHondo

I'm moving out next month and am opting out of TV service as well. Picking up a Fiber Optics internet option instead
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »

Offline c3lt1cs

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Please PM me also...I'd like to know how to watch Celtics games without a tv and watch them online. I used to watch the games online but the site I went to last year is no longer available...thanks

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
check your messages. I sent you something

Just for the record, breaking the rules via PM is technically the same as breaking the rules in the public.  We appreciate the discretion, but it's better if we don't know about it at all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
I haven't had television in years (live in NYC).  I purchased a digital antenna ($50 one-time purchase) right before the Superbowl (was throwing a party) and it works beautifully!  Get to watch all nationally televised games.  Not league pass, but for $0/month, I think it wins.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

Offline BostonArizona

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
I've had this same problem. League pass is kind of ridiculous for pricing. Living paycheck to paycheck, its not really something I can splurge on.

I live in Arizona now and don't even have cable. Really sucks missing ALL celtics games..