Author Topic: Avery Bradley-o-Meter  (Read 36223 times)

Avery Bradley-o-Meter
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »

Offline SF Celtic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
A nightly evaluation of this kid who somehow made it into the NBA and continues to grace us with his under-achievement.

Re: Avery Bradley-o-Meter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Honestly, I thought he played pretty good defense tonight...hes a shorter tony allen. good agressive defense...but horrid on offense

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
everytime bradley plays it's a negative, cuz it means minutes arent going where they should...to Moore or JJJ.  Bradley does not have a place on any decent NBA team in my eyes.

All the defense in the world wont change that unless he grows 4 inches so he can guard guys that actually play his position (off guard), or he gains the passing, dribbling, and leadership necessary to play point.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
also liked his defense tonight, but on offense same old same old. but i really like the hustle, just wish he don't turn his head every time his backing down.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
he continues to show us that he has one NBA-level skill and that he should be spending the season in the D-League.

hopefully he doesn't sniff the floor once Pietrus is ready to go.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
A nightly evaluation of this kid who somehow made it into the NBA and continues to grace us with his under-achievement.

Offense : Dung
Defense : Clown
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

;D TP.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just not getting the utter disdain shown to this kid or the absolute love shown Moore and Johnson based on what we have seen.

Ultimately, he will be best served, quite honestly, as will Johnson and Moore, getting playing time in the NBDL and waiting for the call up when the eventual injuries hit this team.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
We still need a reliable backup PG.. avery and dooling won't cut it.. should've signed tj ford or tinsley instead..

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
We still need a reliable backup PG.. avery and dooling won't cut it.. should've signed tj ford or tinsley instead..

Dooling is fine to spell Rondo. As long as Rondo doesn't go down we won't need anything more.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Just not getting the utter disdain shown to this kid or the absolute love shown Moore and Johnson based on what we have seen.

Ultimately, he will be best served, quite honestly, as will Johnson and Moore, getting playing time in the NBDL and waiting for the call up when the eventual injuries hit this team.

I also don't understand the hate going on.  I appreciate that Bradley is clearly trying to do his best.  He brings good D to the floor.  His offense definitely needs a lot of work, but he might be one of the best on ball defenders in the league at his position with his foot speed.  Also, don't forget Bradley JUST turned 21 a little over a month ago.

Give this kid a season or two to get into his niche offensively.  I don't expect him to be like John Wall or Derrick Rose, but I think he will become a quality player.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
everytime bradley plays it's a negative, cuz it means minutes arent going where they should...to Moore or JJJ.  Bradley does not have a place on any decent NBA team in my eyes.

Once again, Moore was the 57th pick in one of the worst drafts of all time, looks terrible defensively and has yet to score in the NBA.

As for taking minutes away from Johnson, I'm thoroughly confused. Do you want to try JJJ at guard or something?

All the defense in the world wont change that unless he grows 4 inches so he can guard guys that actually play his position (off guard), or he gains the passing, dribbling, and leadership necessary to play point.

1) You don't need to be 6'6 to be a SG. Just ask Monta Ellis or Eric Gordon.

2) A weak link defensively is way more destructive than a weak link offensively. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over every time he touches the ball, he's not going to hurt the team too much offensively.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:10 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
im so tired of people suggesting you need to be 6'7 to be a shooting guard. such a ridiculous assertion....

6'3 and 6'4 is perfectly suitable for shooting guard.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 03:05:36 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I still can't get over the Marshon Brooks trade.. If he remained a Celtic, he'd be the perfect scorer-off-the-bench guy that this team needs, and we won't be even talking about Bradley anymore..

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:25 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I still can't get over the Marshon Brooks trade.. If he remained a Celtic, he'd be the perfect scorer-off-the-bench guy that this team needs, and we won't be even talking about Bradley anymore..

I'm still afraid that Marshon is nothing but a volume scorer that needs constant touches to score effectively in the NBA.