Poll

ABradley made the rotation - Good news or Bad news?

Doc sticks to pecking order...and it's Bradley's turn
18 (32.7%)
Just showcasing the kid
23 (41.8%)
The kid is that good - he deserves it
14 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Poll: ABradley made the rotation - what does that tells you?  (Read 13668 times)

Re: Poll: ABradley made the rotation - what does that tells you?
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He can sit in the corner and generally not get in the way -- much like Tony Allen did for a large bulk of his time with the Celtics.

Bradley might have the skill to develop a shot from the corner, unlike TA.  It may take a couple of years before he learns to nail it often enough to be a three-and-D role player, though.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I get the frustrations on offense guys, I really do, but wow is his defense impressive to me.  I think he really is our best peremeter defender, as Rondo is very dispruptive but he doesn't stay in front of his man like Avery can.

When Avery was matching up with Crawford, Crawford could hardly get over half court and there was a posession or two where he wasted half to 2/3 of the shot clock just trying to be able to get the ball away to someone else.  It's so impressive to me how he makes PGs turn their backs to him constantly.  They are so uncomfortable handling the ball in front of him without protecting it.

I liked a take to the rim he had last night too, it just got swatted.  Avery should be in the rotation and I hope the minutes allow his offense to improve.

He can sit in the corner and generally not get in the way -- much like Tony Allen did for a large bulk of his time with the Celtics.

Bradley might have the skill to develop a shot from the corner, unlike TA.  It may take a couple of years before he learns to nail it often enough to be a three-and-D role player, though.

Agreed.  Saw him hit a nice three in the preseason I think it was.  If he added that corner 3 he would become Bruce Bowen esque.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Jordan Crawford is no more of an NBA PG than I am.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Avery is a work in progress. Against the wizards Avery is a great match up against Wall or Crawford. Like others has said he just needs to be able to hit from the outside and he will be a nice rotational piece. Whether it be to showcase or develop him we need to keep getting him minutes when we can.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Jordan Crawford is no more of an NBA PG than I am.

.... so what team do you play for?

Not saying Crawford is a good PG, but he's playing PG and he should be able to initiate an offense without wasting half the shot clock regardless.  Can't deny the effectiveness of Avery's defense.  

Avery did the same thing to Calderon, who is not that good, but certainly is starting level NBA PG and he can handle and pass a basketball.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford