Author Topic: Wizards (0-4) at Celtics (2-3) 1/2  (Read 75702 times)

Re: Wizards (0-4) at Celtics (2-3) 1/2
« Reply #510 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Raps have gone up 5 with 10 sec left so Knicks are oe the way down. Mia & Orlandao lose. And Dallas has sprinted out in front of the Okies. Celtics> Took care of business.

« Reply #511 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well, Steamroller.....close....good enough....!

« Reply #512 on: January 02, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
tanguay...the name isssss....
Ha! you waited for Steamroller???

« Reply #513 on: January 02, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
tanguay...the name isssss....
Ha! you waited for Steamroller???
Ridiculous, everyone knows its Stiemroller.

« Reply #514 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'll be the sourpuss.  C's should have blown these guys OUT.  Wizards absolutely suck and have a terrible road record too.  this gane should not have been this close.  Yeah, Ray is great Pierce is great, Bass >> Baby, Stiemsma is surprisingly good, blah, blah.  To me, this game was mostly depressing and the team should take it as a cautionary tale.  GET BETTER OR THIS WILL BE A LONG SEASON.    :( :( >:( >:(

« Reply #515 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »

Kiorrik

I'll be the sourpuss.  C's should have blown these guys OUT.  Wizards absolutely suck and have a terrible road record too.  this gane should not have been this close.  Yeah, Ray is great Pierce is great, Bass >> Baby, Stiemsma is surprisingly good, blah, blah.  To me, this game was mostly depressing and the team should take it as a cautionary tale.  GET BETTER OR THIS WILL BE A LONG SEASON.    :( :( >:( >:(
Fair enough. But what we did wrong was mainly defensively. Kind of means we've made it hard on ourselves, especially since it was something we're usually pretty good at (transition D).

I think it's nothing a couple of practices won't cure. We've got 4 days off coming up sometime soon, I'm expecting a way better team at the far end of that break.

« Reply #516 on: January 02, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

You do realize we are OLD and have trouble on b2b and we traveled there and back home in a span of 2 days??? We traveled 2 times they only had to once and they are all very YOUNG! It's not as bad as it looks at times!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #517 on: January 02, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So uh . . . the Spurs might not make the playoffs.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #518 on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65

I think it was just a case of old legs vs young legs. I'll take un ugly win on a back to back. It's not like the Celtics blew teams out left and right last year anyway.

« Reply #519 on: January 02, 2012, 10:28:24 PM »

Kiorrik

It's a weird season.

« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
So much for my Spurs vs Celtics Finals.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #521 on: January 03, 2012, 04:25:10 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game. The C's had a hard time for most of the game but they turned it on when they needed to, in the 4th. Ray was brilliant once again (6/7 from deep :o), Stiemsma showed he was not shy as a starter (he really has a gift for blocking but he also showed he has a good mid-range shot), and I particularly like the Ray/Bass two-man game in the corner, it's almost unstoppable given their current accuracy!

3-3 with the Nets coming to the Garden and a day of rest, we're going to be back with a positive record soon!

« Reply #522 on: January 03, 2012, 06:13:09 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

That's the thing about the shortened season. A lot can happen to change the fortunes of any given team.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #523 on: January 03, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought we looked very tired from the previous game.  A lot of KG and PP shots were front rimmed though PP came through in the clutch with a three.   That is what we miss most about PP, he has an ability to deliver when the game is on the line.   This has always been a knock against KG.

Stiesmsa is a good shot blocker and was a pleasant surprise on offense.  I think he needs lots of work though on defense.  While he is an excellent help defender.  He struggles in positional defense and often gives the opponent too good of position in the low post.   Once they get their sweet spot it is game over for the defender.  McGee routinely got him too low.  He should get better though and this is an experience thing.  But he looked good for his first start overall.

Why no Sasha is he injured?  While I like not seeing him, I have to wonder.