Author Topic: Celtics (1-3) at Wizards (0-3) 1/1  (Read 50772 times)

Re: Celtics (1-3) at Wizards (0-3) 1/1
« Reply #375 on: January 01, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »

Kiorrik

Rondo is proof that rebounding is about HUSTLE. I wish our front court would take a cue from him.

They are taller but players like Barkley/Rodman basically proved this in the 80s/90s.

Not that this is any real comparison, but in my old man pick-up games the only thing I can really do is rebound and I am the shortest on the court.   It's not all about hustle, but hustle can go a long way.
Someone needs to teach me a bit more about this rebounding thing. I'm good at boxing out, but somehow end up with relatively few rebounds for my height.

I think little guys find it easier to be sneaky.

There's always a body on the big guys, but teams forget about the little guy, or the little guy finds a way to squirm in. Of course bigger players will always get the majority of rebounds, but I think we all know that annoying little guy who gets more than he should.  It's about heading to the hoop at the right time and being sneaky. 

I'll put some extra effort into it from now on. Lots of misses in our league anyway ;)

« Reply #376 on: January 01, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Poor Wizards fans. Too bad for them. They have to endure this shaming decade upon decade.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #377 on: January 01, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Fairly solid win tonight. It seemed like the referees were shorting us again to keep the DC customers in the house but KG, Rondo, Bass, and friends would simply have none of it and were determined to get that 1st roadie of the year.

Good way to start 2012!

Happy New Year and keep That flip switched on.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #378 on: January 02, 2012, 04:30:25 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... great one. Despite the Wizards' multiple runs to get back to a 7 point deficit I never felt like we were in danger. Everytime they came back all we had to do was get Rondo back in the game or even the 2nd unit would find buckets.

KG did miss a lot of one on one moves once again but he was perfect on Rondo's great lay-in passes so it's a big improvement. JO looked good too (hope his hamstring is OK though, Pierce and Ray did their jobs. Bass was great as usual and Stiemsma confirmed that he really is a consistent shot-blocker, it's fun to watch him play.

Rondo's triple double shows how great he was but I thought he also had a lot of "wowsers" plays, where he made you say "wow... how did he do THAT?!". Great, great game from him!

« Reply #379 on: January 02, 2012, 07:48:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Rondo was trying to show up Wall and he succeeded.  Wall was trying to do the same thing but edge to Rajon.

Athletic bigs are going to torch O'Neal and that is just the way it is folks.  First Monroe and now McGee I thought KG defends the five hole better when we got Bass at PF.

Bass for Big Baby was a huge coup for Danny.  What a steal for us?

I think our starters are going to be tired tonight.  Anyone else find it odd that Sasha did not play.  Did I miss some news about an ailment or what?

So much for Moore replacing Bradley but Avery did hit a jumper.