Author Topic: Westbrook-Durant altercation (Let the Rondo for Westbrook trade ideas begin)  (Read 17854 times)

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I thought about doing a post on this.. but then I thought i don't want westbrook here!

This is like if yOur buddy's hot crazy girlfriend slashed his tires and you asked him if he wanted to switch her out with your less hot but also less crazy girlfriend.

Best analogy I've seen in awhile. Fits this scenario perfectly.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I thought about doing a post on this.. but then I thought i don't want westbrook here!

This is like if yOur buddy's hot crazy girlfriend slashed his tires and you asked him if he wanted to switch her out with your less hot but also less crazy girlfriend.

It's more like you make the request and then put your glasses on and figure out that she wasn't so crazy hot after all.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It's more like you make the request and then put your glasses on and figure out that she wasn't so crazy hot after all.

Tim hearts Rondo 4-eva.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd take Westbrook over Rondo in heartbeat. Sadly, right now the Celtics need alot more than just an upgrade at the PG position.

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I wouldn't trade Rondo for Westbrook. I think Westbrook is a pretty unattractive basketball player. A very good talent who unfortunately suffers from the Antoine Walker syndrome of thinking that he is a far, far better player than he "actually" is, or perhaps actually "should" be but never "will be" because of his head.

The problem is that he thinks he is "as important" or "as good" as Durant is. This will damage the team in OKC greatly, much as Antoine did in Boston.

Antoine Walker should have been a career 18-12 guy. Instead he thought he should be a shooter, or that he actually "could shoot"... He should have planted his butt on the box and let Pierce shoot.

Similarly, Westbrook should use all his incredible athleticism to set other players up and play defense. Shooting the basketball should be his 3rd priority.

The offensive load on that team should be shouldered and carried predominantly by Durant and Harden.

Westbrook also turns the ball over far too much.

I think OKC would be very wise to trade Westbrook for another scorer in another position and let Maynor run the point - he'll actually focus on the other players on the floor.

Maybe Al Jefferson and another player for Westbrook? Get some more scoring in the post for OKC?     

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
rondo is playing like a monster so far this season im not trading rondo for anyone str8 up i'd accept a package deal for rondo only sorry hs stock is way too high right now

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Tim hearts Rondo 4-eva.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't fit in well with the "player X shoots/scores better than Rondo, therefore he's a much better player and would greatly improve our offense" crowd that's so prevalent here.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Tim hearts Rondo 4-eva.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't fit in well with the "player X shoots/scores better than Rondo, therefore he's a much better player and would greatly improve our offense" crowd that's so prevalent here.

To be clear, I don't think Westbrook is a better cog in our machine if the big 3 are healthy and we can field a contending squad.

I do think if we're rebuilding that Westbrook might be a better option moving forward, but I'm not even sold on that.

Westbrook is a better scorer. He's not a better passer or defender. Honestly I think Rondo helps out OKC way more than Westbrook helps Boston.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Tim hearts Rondo 4-eva.

To be clear, I don't think Westbrook is a better cog in our machine if the big 3 are healthy and we can field a contending squad.

I do think if we're rebuilding that Westbrook might be a better option moving forward, but I'm not even sold on that.

Westbrook is a better scorer. He's not a better passer or defender. Honestly I think Rondo helps out OKC way more than Westbrook helps Boston.

So, we mock what we don't really disagree with?

My point was, sure, Westbrook looks crazy hot, doesn't add a crazy hot amount to your team though. If he's not a better fit in OKC and he's not a better fit with the big three, why's he a better option moving forward?

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
If Westbrook came here, the media would run him out of town. Not the type of player I want anywhere near New England.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This altercation falls under the heading of:

"Much ado about nothing!"

Westbrook is in OKC long term. He'll grow up sooner or later.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
That's far from a given. Guys like Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas never did.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
So, we mock what we don't really disagree with?

My point was, sure, Westbrook looks crazy hot, doesn't add a crazy hot amount to your team though. If he's not a better fit in OKC and he's not a better fit with the big three, why's he a better option moving forward?

Do you disagree that you heart Rondo-4-eva?

No, all kidding aside, I think the people in favor of his trade grade Rondo below Westbrook, especially as a rebuilding piece/franchise cornerstone. THat's why I made the initial analogy.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That's far from a given. Guys like Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas never did.
Yeah...later....after they retire.