Author Topic: Do you trust the Media?  (Read 2177 times)

Re: Do you trust the Media?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Elitist media conditioning minds of the American People. This is mind control.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »

Online kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 500
so half of what the maker of this clip managed to find for this year's caucus in Iowa comes from Rachel Maddow? Not exactly a diverse selection.

Also, if you're the media you don't need to stack the deck against Ron Paul to make him look bad. You just need to let him speak. The guy is a complete screwball.
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 05:09:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1967
I trust the media as much as I trust politicians, the government and Danny Ainge's injury timelines.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: -29393
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
It's funny to deride the media as unreliable / untrustworthy in a video that talks about Ron Paul's "commanding" lead.  I found that to be a bit comical.

I disagree with the premise that Iowa doesn't matter if Ron Paul wins.  Rather, I think Iowa doesn't matter all that much, period.  McCain came in fourth there.  So did Bill Clinton.  Iowa gets a lot of attention because they go first, but doing well or poorly in the state doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

Please send all DKC Cleveland trade ideas to riah32.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
so half of what the maker of this clip managed to find for this year's caucus in Iowa comes from Rachel Maddow? Not exactly a diverse selection.

Also, if you're the media you don't need to stack the deck against Ron Paul to make him look bad. You just need to let him speak. The guy is a complete screwball.

Establishment cartel see him as threat to their throne. Like him or not, the "Screwball" had positive influence in political sphere than anyone from media will give credit for. He shed light on many issues no politician from either side wouldn't dare to speak about. He goes against the grain.

Dr. Paul message of freedom, liberty, and limited government is bases for modern day tea-party. He is the GODFATHER of modern tea-party movement. His supporter nationwide organized moneybomb (internet fundraiser) on Dec 17, 2007 tea-party 234th anniversary. Sadly the republican establishment hijacked the movement for their own gain.

Dr. Paul has done more than anyone modern day politician to advance causes of civil liberty, freedom, and strict adherence to constitutions.

Who besides Ron Paul challenges Patriot Act? Who besides Ron Paul challenges undeclared wars? Who besides Ron Paul challenges Federal Reserves fraudulent activities? Who besides Ron Paul challenges War of Drugs failures? Dr. Paul is the only one willing to stick his neck out and speak out when many are silent. Because he can't be bought and silenced like the others. A man of principle, and integrity

His surge in popularity is because people are waking up and listening to his message. The message hasn't changed for 30 years, but forms of communication has. The internet breaches six mega-corporations monopoly on all media. For this very reason those corporation are collaborating to also monopolize the internet. They introduced Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) to control the internet. Guess how many presidential candidates spoken out against SOPA? you are correct RON PAUL is the only one.

If you want less government, less corruption, more freedom, more liberty, and adherence to constitution vote for Ron Paul the "screwball". lol

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Media providers do what they have to do to make money.  I keep that in mind when consuming the product.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1101
nope....they have agendas

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 12:34:45 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 629
When it comes to politics, no way!

Quite honestly, I can't even remember the last time I have ever watched cable news though.  I'll watch local news, and that's about it.  Even that, you have to sometimes be carful with though.  And internet news, ugh, it's worse than cable news.

Form your own opinions people, God gave us all a brain and free will for a reason.  Use it!
DKC Los Angeles Lakers
GM: Micheal Corleone
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Roster

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

Offline snowball

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 46
most people, especially the older ones, get ALL,
literally 100% of their information from the
tv shows and local newspapers.

It's impossible to make a wise decision based on
bad information. That's the quandary of this
democracy right now.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jared Sullinger
  • Tommy Points: 19
When it comes to politics, no way!

Quite honestly, I can't even remember the last time I have ever watched cable news though.  I'll watch local news, and that's about it.  Even that, you have to sometimes be carful with though.  And internet news, ugh, it's worse than cable news.

Form your own opinions people, God gave us all a brain and free will for a reason.  Use it!

TP
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »

Online kozlodoev

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 500
Media providers do what they have to do to make money.  I keep that in mind when consuming the product.
There are tax-funded public TV and radio stations.
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 02:35:22 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Establishment cartel see him as threat to their throne. Like him or not, the "Screwball" had positive influence in political sphere than anyone from media will give credit for. He shed light on many issues no politician from either side wouldn't dare to speak about. He goes against the grain.

Dr. Paul message of freedom, liberty, and limited government is bases for modern day tea-party. He is the GODFATHER of modern tea-party movement. His supporter nationwide organized moneybomb (internet fundraiser) on Dec 17, 2007 tea-party 234th anniversary. Sadly the republican establishment hijacked the movement for their own gain.

Dr. Paul has done more than anyone modern day politician to advance causes of civil liberty, freedom, and strict adherence to constitutions.

Who besides Ron Paul challenges Patriot Act? Who besides Ron Paul challenges undeclared wars? Who besides Ron Paul challenges Federal Reserves fraudulent activities? Who besides Ron Paul challenges War of Drugs failures? Dr. Paul is the only one willing to stick his neck out and speak out when many are silent. Because he can't be bought and silenced like the others. A man of principle, and integrity

His surge in popularity is because people are waking up and listening to his message. The message hasn't changed for 30 years, but forms of communication has. The internet breaches six mega-corporations monopoly on all media. For this very reason those corporation are collaborating to also monopolize the internet. They introduced Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) to control the internet. Guess how many presidential candidates spoken out against SOPA? you are correct RON PAUL is the only one.

If you want less government, less corruption, more freedom, more liberty, and adherence to constitution vote for Ron Paul the "screwball". lol

This is such a great post, and I wish Mr.kozlodoev would respond to it.

I think people need to realize that, important as our economy is, how important will it seem when we lose the rest of our civil rights. The Patriot Act, the most recent NDAA bill, upcoming SOPA, and the National Emergency Centers Establishment Act (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-645, if you are unfamiliar), and trying to go to war with every nation in the middle-east will be far more detrimental than any unemployment rate could be.

What is more important than your personal freedoms and liberties?

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 02:51:20 AM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
just as much as alex jones trusts david rockefeller

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 296
I trust Newsroom before I trust broadcast news from the big networks.

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 634
I don't NOT trust the media.  I just think you have to take everything you hear from the media, with the context of who is reporting it, and why they may be reporting it as they are. 

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog