Author Topic: Raptors (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) 12/21  (Read 28694 times)

Re: Raptors (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) 12/21
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Bradley is playing himself into a permanent seat on the bench.

exactly,  I predict he'll be out of the league in 2 years if he doesn't improve quick, I hope he has his passport up to date, I hear Finland is a great place to play basketball

Someone who can lockdown on defense will always have a job in this league.

Let's also consider that he is 21 years old.

Ridiculous statement, to think he will be out of the league in 2 years. Absolutely ridiculous. People do realize there are two portions of the game right? Keeping points off the board is just as important as scoring, even if it isn't as glamorous.

Keith Bogans is out of a job now and he's the same type of player, only better, if Bradley doesn't develop a shot, then he'll be gone or no bettr than a 10th man--  he might bounce around for a couple of years but he won't last long. Even defensive guys like Bruce Bowen could still stick  threes,  Bradley has zero offensive game, how long do you give him?  5 years? 3 Years?
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Second unit not boxing out.  >:(

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Gotta love Rondo arguing for 3 free throws. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
So looks like nothing's changed and well run Ray to the ground again this year

time to give Et Moore a shot...he has to be better than bradley

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

exactly,  I predict he'll be out of the league in 2 years if he doesn't improve quick, I hope he has his passport up to date, I hear Finland is a great place to play basketball

Ridiculous statement, to think he will be out of the league in 2 years. Absolutely ridiculous. People do realize there are two portions of the game right? Keeping points off the board is just as important as scoring, even if it isn't as glamorous.

Keith Bogans is out of a job now and he's the same type of player, only better, if Bradley doesn't develop a shot, then he'll be gone or no bettr than a 10th man--  he might bounce around for a couple of years but he won't last long. Even defensive guys like Bruce Bowen could still stick  threes,  Bradley has zero offensive game, how long do you give him?  5 years? 3 Years?

Keith Bogans is also 31.

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
so far...bass looks good. i think he will add another dimension to the celtics offense with his ability to score both under the basket and with the jumper. he will be free for lots of shots when other teams focus on the 3 three.

all he needs now is to learn just how creative a passer rondo is.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

Keith Bogans is also 31.

If Bradley doesn't get a shot, E'twan Moore will get more playing time come later in the season,  least he can shoot
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Stiemsma looks like he can make the team.  He already looks to be Semi's equal on D from what I saw last game.  Tonight, he also showed some offensive skills.   Granted it is exhibition and the Raptors but it was a nice pleasant surprise.

Sasha needs to go.  He can't shoot that well, isn't much a defensive threat or an athlete.  That dunk play he had was not bad but he had 3-4 clunker shots to offset that.  I think Keith Bogans could give us more than Sasha at this point.  Dude even started and could not produce.  I would rather have Gary Forbes or Dante Cunningham than him at this point.

Bradley is not much of a shooter.  I doubt he ever pans out.  He did have a nice steal but let's see Moore and Dooling as a combo and sit down Avery.  If we are shopping him he is losing value.

Bass was decent offensively but got ate alive by  Bargani.

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65
It looks like Rondo has reevaluated his pass first attitude after all the trade talk.

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
It looks like Rondo has reevaluated his pass first attitude after all the trade talk.

Rondo looks exactly he same.  JO looks very good though. Running and jumping like he's at 100%.

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
geez, this game is awful basketball right now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Rondo looks exactly he same.  JO looks very good though. Running and jumping like he's at 100%.
He departed to te locker room hopefully not injured
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Where the heck is JaJuan Johnson?

Stiemsma plays a huge chunk of the first half, Wilcox and Bass look okay at best, and JJJ can't even find the floor?  Doesn't bode well for him.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Where the heck is JaJuan Johnson?

Stiemsma plays a huge chunk of the first half, Wilcox and Bass look okay at best, and JJJ can't even find the floor?  Doesn't bode well for him.

I think it's because they know they are keeping JJJ, but they want to see how Stiemsma looks to evaluate him a bit more.

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

He departed to te locker room hopefully not injured

Hopefully not. I didnt see anything while he was in.  I dont know if we can have a "2nd team".  I think we'll need to play bench mixed with starters.  All bench lineups are struggling a lot to find heir offense.  Moore looks good on defense though as well as offense.