Author Topic: Raptors (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) 12/21  (Read 28688 times)

Re: Raptors (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) 12/21
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2011, 10:08:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Lol I thought ya'll were crazy when you said Sweetney was overweight. Good grief how is this man a NBA player?

How does he even get a camp invite? Are you telling me they can't really find any other deserving young big men that are interested?

because he is talented and a smart player. before he ate himself out of the league he was scoring 8 points and getting 5 rebounds in 19 minutes. not bad.

for his own sake, he does need to lose 80 pounds or so. if he did, he would be a good nba player.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Bradley was 1-10...  ::) That is just terrible

« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Lol I thought ya'll were crazy when you said Sweetney was overweight. Good grief how is this man a NBA player?

How does he even get a camp invite? Are you telling me they can't really find any other deserving young big men that are interested?

because he is talented and a smart player. before he ate himself out of the league he was scoring 8 points and getting 5 rebounds in 19 minutes. not bad.

for his own sake, he does need to lose 80 pounds or so. if he did, he would be a good nba player.

I know he's talented, but it's clear the day he shows up if not before that he won't make the team. They could invite a younger more in shape big man who is more of an unknown who might have some chance of cracking the roster.

« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If they cut him again he might eat himself to death.

While I would hate to see the young man die, it is not on us.

I still think Sasha stinks and back up SF might be our biggest hole though.  I think Moore might be better offensively than Bradley but Avery played solid D.   That one for ten was bad shooting.

I liked the drive by Gilbert at the end when he tried to yoke it.

« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
If they cut him again he might eat himself to death.

While I would hate to see the young man die, it is not on us.

I still think Sasha stinks and back up SF might be our biggest hole though.  I think Moore might be better offensively than Bradley but Avery played solid D.   That one for ten was bad shooting.

I liked the drive by Gilbert at the end when he tried to yoke it.

I think the cuts will be Sweetney and Brown. I think Stiemsma makes the team.

« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Do you think Sweetney could rush a passer?

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Yup.  And it's not a situation, where he did so much other stuff, that it was ok....It really was that bad. 

Even for the people who think he has potential, I dont see any reason for keeping him on THIS team.  Moore is a year less seasoned than Bradley, but already looks far more comfortable and competent on offense.  Bradleys supporters always point to his defense as a reason to be optimistic with him, but Moore has shown good defense as well.  We dont have minutes to give both.  I jus dont think it helps he team any to keep giving Bradley time.

If you want a steady hand to back up Rondo...we have Dooling. If you want to groom a guard for the future...Moore looks to have more potential.  The whole talk before the preseason, was to play Bradley at the 2, and tha is absolutely NOT possible. He is horrible on offense, and doesnt have the size that Moore does, to guard the 2.

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Anyone else think Moore looks like Kanye West?

« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »

Offline riffic92

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2

he also played phenomenal defense. which was just phenomenal.

you guys really think Bradley shouldn't get any more chances because he couldn't get his shot going in a preseason game? dude shot 45% (37% from 3) in the D-League, it's not like the guy is a consistent 10% shooter. plus, it's the preseason! you really think his role in the meaningful games will even allow him to take 10 shots?

the tools he has on defense are unbelievable, every shot his man put up was contested and the steals he had were Rondo-esque. say what you will about his offense but he has All-NBA potential on the defensive end, which is very hard to come by

I'm new to this board and the knee jerks reactions in this thread are hysterical. are the Bradley haters/Moore enthusiasts conveniently forgetting Moore's horrendous decision making down the stretch? why isn't he cut yet?!!?

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

he also played phenomenal defense. which was just phenomenal.

you guys really think Bradley shouldn't get any more chances because he couldn't get his shot going in a preseason game? dude shot 45% (37% from 3) in the D-League, it's not like the guy is a consistent 10% shooter. plus, it's the preseason! you really think his role in the meaningful games will even allow him to take 10 shots?

the tools he has on defense are unbelievable, every shot his man put up was contested and the steals he had were Rondo-esque. say what you will about his offense but he has All-NBA potential on the defensive end, which is very hard to come by

I'm new to this board and the knee jerks reactions in this thread are hysterical. are the Bradley haters/Moore enthusiasts conveniently forgetting Moore's horrendous decision making down the stretch? why isn't he cut yet?!!?

I don't get this mentality, just because we have seen absolute zero from bradley on offense and we express our dissatisfaction we are somehow haters? EVERYONE can clearly see (as stated many times by mostly everyone) that AB is good on D (can probably become great) but you can't keep acting like this is Bradley's only time looking lost on offense! I'll never count any player out on my team, doesn't mean I'll keep blaming age and wrong position for their lack of production! He had 1 good game (maybe 1-2 others I don't remember) on O which was against the bench of NYK last season! I agree he doesn't have to be good on offense b/c he is really good on D (and he plays with other people right now who are great on O) but he can't be terrible either!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)