Author Topic: Rumor: Dwight to Nets  (Read 2961 times)

Re: Rumor: Dwight to Nets
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 04:01:31 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It seems more and more likely especially since both Bynum and Pau are looking more and more old and worn out
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:05:38 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Might push through this time. Dwight had a lackluster performance (5 pts, 6 rebs, 3 blocks in 30 minutes)against Miami yesterday.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Might push through this time. Dwight had a lackluster performance (5 pts, 6 rebs, 3 blocks in 30 minutes)against Miami yesterday.

The most uncomfortable and phony part of the whole thing was the even larger issue.  Dwight's quotes about "If I'm here, I want to contend for a title with these guys" (paraphrasing) sounded both awkward and phony considering he has publically demanded a trade away from his teammates.  He didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and he didn't so that makes sense, but it's like everyone from Dwight to the Magic are acting like nothing happend, or are trying to.

It's kind of like Dad hitting Mom and the rest of the family trying to pretend it's all okay and putting on the happy family act.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bleacher Report, by way of a random radio host who "predicted" Lebron and Bosh going to Miami?  I'll wait until Woj reports this.  ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
It seems more and more likely especially since both Bynum and Pau are looking more and more old and worn out

dude, Bynum is 24 years old.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Which is why its disturbing that Gasol is more durable and moves better after the wear and tear of a NBA season on his (Gasol's) knees/body.

Bynum's injury woes and trouble finishing the season strong is the only reason I think Bynum isn't a sure fire franchise cornerstone.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Which is why its disturbing that Gasol is more durable and moves better after the wear and tear of a NBA season on his (Gasol's) knees/body.

Bynum's injury woes and trouble finishing the season strong is the only reason I think Bynum isn't a sure fire franchise cornerstone.
Exactly
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »

Offline thenotoriousjts

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
The message I get from Dwight is that he wants a team to win a title for him. This won't happen with him in the starting line up. If he keeps out of the way of the Celtics then he can go right ahead.
Feel free to check me out here: https://hardwoodhoudini.com/author/jstevens3/ or here https://hashtagbasketball.com/author/jeremy-stevens

Can't we just bring Gerald Green back?

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Bynum looked pretty gimpy and unathletic against DeAndre Jordan the other night.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Bynum looked pretty gimpy and unathletic against DeAndre Jordan the other night.
I thought he looked good myself, much better than he did at the end of last year. I'm curious to see if he'll keep the weight off. But I only watched the first quarter, so I don't know if he got exposed more later.