Author Topic: Trade Ray Option  (Read 1727 times)

Trade Ray Option
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

First Celts friendly trade Ray + Avery + a first, The Clippers pick if need be, For Monta Ellis.

Why for GS. They finally give it all to S Curry and let him run the show like he should.

That team would be good with one more Big Man the way you could space the floor with Curry, Allen, and Dorrel Wright would be sick. D Lee on the glass, sign a Big guy that can defend.

For the C's we get No D Ellis. His Offense though. Forget about it. Just what we need. Awesome fit with pass first Rondo. You know it would be. He's got the energy to pit up 30 shots every night if we need it. And that's just what we need.

I might even do 2 firsts plus Ray. Why not? we need to do something big or go home. We don't win it all as constructed.

Re: Trade Ray Option
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:12:07 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I believe he was among league leaders in steals last year, and years before. Ellis is a pretty good defender, despite his size. I'm all for this trade, but I doubt it would happen.

Ray has 1, maybe 2 years left, and it would be a rental.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:04:08 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Although it wouldn't happen, it would be great for GS so Curry can really grown and control the offense. And when has Ellis been a good defender? He's an undersized 2 guard who gambles for steals
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:55:25 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rondo Ellis backcourt is a disaster waiting to happen.

Both need the ball in their hands. 

Leaves the Celtics to small to defend SGs.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Monta Ellis on the Celtics would be sweet! That's actually one guy who would make a dynamic back court with Rondo (I think.) I don't get why some say a Rondo/Ellis duo would be a disaster.

That said, I just don't think GSW would give up Ellis for Ray Allen. If they did, I would think this trade would've happened a long time ago (no offense to Ray, but Ellis is just a scoring machine.)