Author Topic: Sean Williams  (Read 1999 times)

Sean Williams
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Like a bad movie, he's back.

Could he provide 3rd string or emergency rebounding/defense?

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
With center Sean Williams bailing on Maccabi Haifa contract for "personal reasons," expect NBA deal on horizon. Mavs wouldn't be a surprise

Re: Sean Williams
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One thing to be clear on:  Sean Williams doesn't play defense.  Rather, he blocks shots.  There's a difference, I think.  Williams has never cared about defensive fundamentals (even at BC); he'd rather get out of position for a block than keep positioning for a stop.  That's why, even at BC, his teams were better defensively with him off the floor than they were when he was on it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I want a five with some girth. Legit size, physical presence. Physical toughness.

Not another power forward.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I'd actually really like to see him on the Lakers. His quickness and defense would work really well alongside centers like Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol. Strong defensive coach in Mike Brown too.

LA could be a great home for Sean Williams. Sort him out. Get his career on track.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I'd actually really like to see him on the Lakers. His quickness and defense would work really well alongside centers like Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol. Strong defensive coach in Mike Brown too.

LA could be a great home for Sean Williams. Sort him out. Get his career on track.

I also would be happy to see NJ give Sean Williams a second go. I think he and Brook Lopez could form a nice 1-2 punch up front. Brook's offensive skills/range allowing Williams to hang around the paint + Williams' freakish athleticism, shot-blocking and high defensive potential complementing Brook Lopez' more solid defensive output.

San Antonio would be another good home. Alongside Mr. Tim Duncan. Try to get Timmy some help defensively + some quickness at that four spot.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
KG would eat him with a side of mashed potatoes.  the kid doesn't care about anything.  let someone else deal with him.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
rule of thumb: if a guy couldn't get playing time on the new jersey team that only managed to win 8 games, that guy is probably not somebody we want in our rotation.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers