Author Topic: How about blowing up our team this way?  (Read 7855 times)

How about blowing up our team this way?
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
The Celtics trade: Garnett, Jeff Green & Rondo future 1st.

The Celtics receive: Lebron James & Norris Cole

The Heat would be solid favorites to win it all in 2012 & Dwayne Wade gets his team back completely to himself with a lineup below.

C: Kevin Garnett
PF: Chris Bosh
SF: Jeff Green
SG: Dwayne Wade
PG: Rajon Rondo

And if Miami insist on Pierce instead of Jeff Green i'll do it also to create another 6yr window with Lebron to attract Free agents with the cap space we would have. Although Pierce & Garnett going out would most likely be too much salary. Roy Hobbs or any of the other guru's could work out the salary aspect. But regardless a lineup in 2013 of many possibilities would be limitless!

2013 roster

PG: Lebron James
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Paul Pierce or Jeff Green (depending on who goes to Miami)
PF: Dwight Howard (dreaming but possible if Lebron was here)
C : Greg Oden (who would be unrestricted & possible)

And there are a few very talented kids coming out of the draft we may can get our hands on if we only get 1 of either D12 or Oden to fill in the PF spot. Perry Jones lll, Mason Plumlee & a couple of other I haven't named. And Austin Rivers may be available himself.

I know I'm dreaming but nothing fails but a honest try!

Re: How about blowing up our team this way?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Have you even watched an NBA game in the past 4 or 5 years? Do you even know who Lebron James is? Are you a troll?

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Have you even watched an NBA game in the past 4 or 5 years? Do you even know who Lebron James is? Are you a troll?
Inappropriately rude response but Tommy Point anyway!

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
Ha, I wasn't trying to be rude, but there can't be any way this post is serious, right?

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Some people are legitimately out of touch with value in the NBA.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Ha, I wasn't trying to be rude, but there can't be any way this post is serious, right?

im with you
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 02:28:59 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

First off if you look back 4 yrs ago under another name Man_of_thrill I was the 1st to post we would get Garnett for Gerald Green, Rondo(end up being Telfair)& Al Jefferson & Gomes. And what happened? So no im not out of touch & far from a troll! I would love for a person to insult me in person but most here are computer thugs! 6'4 230 is not a troll... A package of Pierce, Garnett & Rondo for Lebron is not out of sorts for Miami if it guarantees them a title that they differently won't be assured of with Lebron & holes at PG & Center. So watch what you guys say before you spout off with responses unkind!

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Warning:  Stay away from personal attacks

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Who are you warning? All I do is post what I feel, and let others post what they feel rather I think its obsurd,dumb,irrational etc. And I never insult! But I won't be insulted period. I will speak up on my behalf.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Who are you warning? All I do is post what I feel, and let others post what they feel rather I think its obsurd,dumb,irrational etc. And I never insult! But I won't be insulted period. I will speak up on my behalf.

Everyone. 

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
And what happened? So no im not out of touch & far from a troll! I would love for a person to insult me in person but most here are computer thugs! 6'4 230 is not a troll...

::)

A package of Pierce, Garnett & Rondo for Lebron is not out of sorts for Miami if it guarantees them a title that they differently won't be assured of with Lebron & holes at PG & Center. So watch what you guys say before you spout off with responses unkind!

1) Why would Miami accept this trade? I love Pierce and Garnett as much as anyone, but they don't have many productive years left in the league. Why would they give up a superstar in their prime (who, by the way, they are getting at a bargain price ... remember James took a pay cut to play in Miami) for two close-to-retirement all-stars? Why get KG if they have Bosh? (KG is a better player, no question, but Bosh is still elite, and will be for years after KG retires).

2) Why would Lebron want to go to Boston? With everything we know of his personality, how could he ever come to Boston?

3) How does it assure Miami a championship? Rondo is a clear upgrade at point-guard, but is that enough? Still no real center, and now an SF who isn't as productive, and no clue how to manage minutes at the 4?

4) How does this help Boston? Yes, Lebron is a great player, but blowing up our roster for him? The years in Cleveland and the move to Miami proved he is not going to carry a bad team to a title on his own. Blowing up our roster just makes us Cleveland.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
And what happened? So no im not out of touch & far from a troll! I would love for a person to insult me in person but most here are computer thugs! 6'4 230 is not a troll...

::)

A package of Pierce, Garnett & Rondo for Lebron is not out of sorts for Miami if it guarantees them a title that they differently won't be assured of with Lebron & holes at PG & Center. So watch what you guys say before you spout off with responses unkind!

1) Why would Miami accept this trade? I love Pierce and Garnett as much as anyone, but they don't have many productive years left in the league. Why would they give up a superstar in their prime (who, by the way, they are getting at a bargain price ... remember James took a pay cut to play in Miami) for two close-to-retirement all-stars? Why get KG if they have Bosh? (KG is a better player, no question, but Bosh is still elite, and will be for years after KG retires).

2) Why would Lebron want to go to Boston? With everything we know of his personality, how could he ever come to Boston?

3) How does it assure Miami a championship? Rondo is a clear upgrade at point-guard, but is that enough? Still no real center, and now an SF who isn't as productive, and no clue how to manage minutes at the 4?

4) How does this help Boston? Yes, Lebron is a great player, but blowing up our roster for him? The years in Cleveland and the move to Miami proved he is not going to carry a bad team to a title on his own. Blowing up our roster just makes us Cleveland.

I think Lebron with no talent around him & just picks would be a must do for Boston if Miami would do it (doubt it being LBJ & Wade are so close) . A Lebron team with bundles of cap space with Dwight Howard there to be had & even a Deron Williams or Greg Oden could net us 2 of the players mentioned. And Miami may do that trade because it makes them a better all around team with no holes & with no 4th quarter identity crisis. Wade's ball & get out of the way! No differing to Lebron. And Garnett would come off the books & maybe they could be a player for another complimentary star.... I never said it wasn't a pipe dream but you suffer basketball futility not trying.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Good points and worthy of a Tommy Point.

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
I think Lebron with no talent around him & just picks would be a must do for Boston

Why? It didn't work for Cleveland.

A Lebron team with bundles of cap space with Dwight Howard there to be had & even a Deron Williams or Greg Oden could net us 2 of the players mentioned.

It depends on how much money we'd have to pay Lebron to stay with us. Greg Oden is too injury prone to be worth it, and Dwight Howard wants to be the #1 man, he wouldn't want to be second fiddle to James. Although I do agree their games complement each other nicely, I just don't see them teaming up due to the personality/ego clash. Deron Williams, though, is a potential pickup in this scenario.

And Miami may do that trade because it makes them a better all around team with no holes

Except the 5, with no depth at the 3. And who is going to be the starting 4? Is KG content to come off the bench for Bosh?

& with no 4th quarter identity crisis. Wade's ball & get out of the way! No differing to Lebron.

What about Pierce? After all, he has been to go-to 4th quarter guy for longer than Wade has even been in the league!

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
i can't believe we're discussing why this trade wouldn't happen.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers