Author Topic: Clippers one piece away from being really good...  (Read 10359 times)

Re: Clippers one piece away from being really good...
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
how many teams aren't?

Aye, which was exactly my point.

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The Clips will certainly be an offensive juggernaut.  Defense will be sketchy.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The Clips will certainly be an offensive juggernaut.  Defense will be sketchy.
I think their Championship hopes will hinge on DeAndre Jordan's improvement as a defender.

If he can make a leap this year, he could put the Clippers in the mix.

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
They're just as talented as anyone out west. They can compete with anyone in the league. People underestimate how much better Deandre Jordan will b playing with CP3. He's guaranteed 8-10 points just off alley oops. Obviously Griffin and Paul will do their thing. Billups and Butler will be solid and Mo Williams is a nice sixth man in a Jason Terry role.

Gomes and Foye are solid and could be moved for a backup center. This team is legit. Dallas and LA are worse then last year. San Antonio a year older. Memphis will and OKC will be at the top of this conference as well.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I think they're going to need to add a quick, defensive minded 2 or 3. Not only to help with the wing scorers in the west, but because I think they're probably still susceptible in the post. If they could get another defender with Paul to cause trouble w/ passing lanes they could really have something. 

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think they're going to need to add a quick, defensive minded 2 or 3. Not only to help with the wing scorers in the west, but because I think they're probably still susceptible in the post. If they could get another defender with Paul to cause trouble w/ passing lanes they could really have something. 

What wings in the west will they really have trouble with besides Durant, Kobe, and Gay? Lakers are on the decline. They're barely a contender with the oldest backcourt in the league and no bench or depth. OKC has to figure out how to make Westbrook a better PG and Memphis has to show they can do it. Durant is the only guy they really have to worry about. Butler can handle his own against Gay and if the Clippers are smart they let Kobe go for 45 every night at the expense of his teammates involvement in the game.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
With the DW to Nets rumors heating up again it is looking like Stern's new policy is "No big-market team left behind'.

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

What wings in the west will they really have trouble with besides Durant, Kobe, and Gay? Lakers are on the decline. They're barely a contender with the oldest backcourt in the league and no bench or depth. OKC has to figure out how to make Westbrook a better PG and Memphis has to show they can do it. Durant is the only guy they really have to worry about. Butler can handle his own against Gay and if the Clippers are smart they let Kobe go for 45 every night at the expense of his teammates involvement in the game.

The Clippers shouldn't be concerned with their ability to defend against the West's best teams?

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Harden/Durant OKC
Allen/Gay Memphis
Kobe/???? Lakers
Manu/???? Spurs
Matthews/Wallace Portland
Evans/Casspi (?) Kings
Carter/Marion Mavs
Martin/Buddinger Rockets
Monta/Thompson Warriors
Hill/Pietrus (?) Suns
Gordon/Ariza Hornets
Johnson/Beasley Wolves
Gallanari/Afflalo Nuggets
Bell/Miles (Haywood/Evans) Utah

Their competition for the playoffs have wing combinations that will cause plenty of trouble if Butler doesn't show up suprisingly defensively. Or perhaps most importantly if Griffin/Jordon don't make a large leap defensively as a unit.

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Plus, against a team like the Grizzlies, Jordan/Griffin are going to need all the help they can get. Butler/Billups can't provide much assistance there.