Author Topic: Clippers one piece away from being really good...  (Read 10357 times)

Clippers one piece away from being really good...
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love the Chris Paul deal for the Clippers... But who can they send a package of Bledsoe and Williams for to get a good SG in return??

Im not really sure what value this package would have I havent really watched Bledsoe much...

Could this a third player and a pick pry away a Kevin Martin? Or a Monta Ellis? Or a Joe Johnson even? Im thinking no but wondering what people think.

Williams Bledsoe for Mayo?

I think they could make a run at Ellis. GSW get a young pg in return, move curry to sg.

Clips starters look good on paper, with a decent young 8 man rotation to start with...

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Re: Clippers one piece away from being really good...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If I were LAC, I'd rather keep Mo Williams than Chauncey Billups.

I think Mo will be much more effective playing that sixth man combo guard role behind Chris Paul than Chauncey can be.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:50:43 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
It really sucks how the year we acquire the clips first rounder they get good.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:52:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I love the Chris Paul deal for the Clippers... But who can they send a package of Bledsoe and Williams for to get a good SG in return??

Im not really sure what value this package would have I havent really watched Bledsoe much...

Could this a third player and a pick pry away a Kevin Martin? Or a Monta Ellis? Or a Joe Johnson even? Im thinking no but wondering what people think.

I think they could make a run at Ellis. GSW get a young pg in return, move curry to sg.

Clips starters look good on paper, with a decent young 8 man rotation to start with...

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

I like Monta Ellis, but not in a backcourt with Chris Paul. I think they need a 2-guard who can score efficiently, and doesn't need to dominate the ball to do so. Definitely not Monta's M.O.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:58:31 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

I like Monta Ellis, but not in a backcourt with Chris Paul. I think they need a 2-guard who can score efficiently, and doesn't need to dominate the ball to do so. Definitely not Monta's M.O.

Kevin Martin

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Kevin Martin

Ooooh, now that'd be a good pickup.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Kevin Martin

no way the Rockets trade Martin for a PG.  they're set with Lowry / Dragic.

i actually think the clips need a decent backup big man more than they need a shooting guard.  chauncey / foye / mo can all play SG credibly well.  but who backs up griffin and deandre?  brian cook?

find a team that needs a point guard with an excess of solid big men and i think you'll have a team willing to consider trading for bledsoe
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Kevin Martin

no way the Rockets trade Martin for a PG.  they're set with Lowry / Dragic.

i actually think the clips need a decent backup big man more than they need a shooting guard.  chauncey / foye / mo can all play SG credibly well.  but who backs up griffin and deandre?  brian cook?

find a team that needs a point guard with an excess of solid big men and i think you'll have a team willing to consider trading for bledsoe

Agreed. Is Aaron Gray still available? I think they take a run at him. Nevermind, I see he signed with Toronto.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Totally agree, but that piece is Donald Sterling. 

So Clippers will suck for as long as the Donald is the owner.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 12:38:21 AM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
They deserve it.

They have been garbage for so long, maybe they can overtake the Lakers within a few years, because The Lakers are on the downward spiral

Clippers have a bright future with Griffin + Paul

NOH get a real stud in Eric Gordon + MIN's 1st round pick which could be the number 1 pick in next years draft

Good Deal for NOH more than anything

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 12:51:35 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Kevin Martin

i actually think the clips need a decent backup big man more than they need a shooting guard.  chauncey / foye / mo can all play SG credibly well.  but who backs up griffin and deandre?  brian cook?

Completely agree. I was just throwing a name out there that fit the poster's description. I think New Orleans is already good/ They need depth at the 4 and 5, but they should compete with Memphis for the 5 seed. They would give both the current Lakers and Mavericks trouble based on matchups. No one would want to face that team in the first round.

One idea that pops into my mind is if Sacramento doesn't get Crawford I wonder if they would sign and trade Dalembert for Mo Williams.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Paul/Billups
Ellis/Foye
Butler/Gomes
Griffin
Jordan

Kevin Martin

Completely agree. I was just throwing a name out there that fit the poster's description. I think New Orleans is already good/ They need depth at the 4 and 5, but they should compete with Memphis for the 5 seed. They would give both the current Lakers and Mavericks trouble based on matchups. No one would want to face that team in the first round.

One idea that pops into my mind is if Sacramento doesn't get Crawford I wonder if they would sign and trade Dalembert for Mo Williams.

Dalembert is an interesting idea.  I wonder if the Clippers would be willing to invest that kind of long-term money, though.  This is still Don Sterling's team, after all.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 02:04:39 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The Clips are overloaded at PG,  and need another SG with size as well as a backup big.   They could trade with the Kings, sending Mo Williams, Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes to Sacto for John Salmons and Jason Thompson.

The Kings Get some veterans on relatively reasonable contracts, with Mo's 2/$17m preferable to Salmons' 3/$26m.  Foye is expiring at $4.2m, and Gomes at 2/$8m.

Both teams get better roster balance. 

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 02:52:07 AM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
They shouldn't bog themselves down in questionable contracts. Wait until the summer, sign Ray (he'll be the best SG on the market) and KG to cheap deals that won't hinder future spending ability and live out the fantasy we were hoping for in Boston. Then find a deal w/ Mo's contract for a more complementary piece, and roll out this lineup in 2012:

CP3/Bledsoe or whoever if Bledsoe's in the Mo trade
Ray/Mo trade
Butler/Mo trade
Griffin/KG
Jordan/KG

Plus whatever vets want to sign up to win a title.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 03:02:02 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
They shouldn't bog themselves down in questionable contracts. Wait until the summer, sign Ray (he'll be the best SG on the market) and KG to cheap deals that won't hinder future spending ability and live out the fantasy we were hoping for in Boston. Then find a deal w/ Mo's contract for a more complementary piece, and roll out this lineup in 2012:

CP3/Bledsoe or whoever if Bledsoe's in the Mo trade
Ray/Mo trade
Butler/Mo trade
Griffin/KG
Jordan/KG

Plus whatever vets want to sign up to win a title.

Really? And while we're at it, we can let Pierce walk and back up Lebron in Miami
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)