Author Topic: rondo/jermaine/clips 1st rounder/bradley for jennings/bogut/delfino  (Read 3123 times)

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Rondo/jermaine/avery/clips 1st rounder for jennings/bogut/delfino

crazy idea i had just now ,thought i'd share with my friends here at celticsblog

i think were a better team if you ask me after that trade but thats just me

thoughts are much welcome =]

Re: rondo/jermaine/clips 1st rounder/bradley for jennings/bogut/delfino
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like it for the Celtics! But why would Milwaukee do the deal? They've be giving up two pretty good players in Jennings and Bogut.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I like it too but not sure MIL would too much.  That would leave Rondo alone on a team with nobody to pass to.  Not to mention he would be in Wisconsin.  I get the feeling Rondo would have a lot to say about his teammates, coach, owner and people's mothers if he ended up in Milwaukee...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
I like it for the Celtics! But why would Milwaukee do the deal? They've be giving up two pretty good players in Jennings and Bogut.

rondo is better than jennings at this point in my opinion & bogut is better than jermaine so its a even deal , so the incentive is more that they get better plus have assets after the trade in a better PG now,a prospect in bradley,a 1st rounder & a exp contract

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

crazy idea i had just now ,thought i'd share with my friends here at celticsblog

Rondo's a lot better than Jennings.  Bogut has looked like an all-star against us but he hasn't quite lived up to being a #1 pick and I don't think he's a franchise player.  (granted it's not his fault he was #1 in a weak draft).  Not too keen on this deal especially with kicking in Bradley and the Clip's pick. 

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »

Kiorrik

I'm not too keen on Jennings' attitude, he's the opposite of Rondo, in taking too many shots. But I might not have seen him play enough to be able to judge him.

Bogut, well, I'm an Aussie now so I'd certainly love for him to be on the C's.

All in all, this feels more like a lateral move for both sides though.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Rondo's a lot better than Jennings.  Bogut has looked like an all-star against us but he hasn't quite lived up to being a #1 pick and I don't think he's a franchise player.  (granted it's not his fault he was #1 in a weak draft).  Not too keen on this deal especially with kicking in Bradley and the Clip's pick. 

Well, I don't think Rondo is that better than Jennings. I actually think Jennings is alot more talented (of course I think alot of players are more talented than Rondo.

That said, if the Bucks were willing to do this deal, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
did you notice how much money deandre jordan just got?  now think what bogut is worth.

you really think rondo / jermaine / clips pick would do it for bogut, let alone bogut and jennings?

think about these trades for a little bit before you post them.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »

Offline BUTerrier

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 53
Speaking as a Celtics fan in Bucks territory, Milwaukee would ABSOLUTELY trade Jennings and someone for Rondo. But those someones wouldn't be Bogut and Delfino, who are emotional cornerstones of the Bucks franchise, strange as that may seem. More so Bogut than Delfino, mind you, but Delfino is WAY too overrated by Bucks fans than he deserves.

Nevertheless, talent-wise we'd honestly have to offer Allen along with Rondo to get Milwaukee to blink on moving Bogut as part of the package (and that's only because the fans here loved Ray when he played in Milwaukee). That's how much people love Bogut in Milwaukee.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Speaking as a Celtics fan in Bucks territory, Milwaukee would ABSOLUTELY trade Jennings and someone for Rondo. But those someones wouldn't be Bogut and Delfino, who are emotional cornerstones of the Bucks franchise, strange as that may seem. More so Bogut than Delfino, mind you, but Delfino is WAY too overrated by Bucks fans than he deserves.

Nevertheless, talent-wise we'd honestly have to offer Allen along with Rondo to get Milwaukee to blink on moving Bogut as part of the package (and that's only because the fans here loved Ray when he played in Milwaukee). That's how much people love Bogut in Milwaukee.

bogut is a top center in the league . . . it's not just sentimentality.  no way would the bucks trade him for any package highlighted by rondo. 

bogut is the reason they won 50 games a couple seasons ago, and the fact that he was coming back from injury last season is why they weren't nearly as good.  even diminished offensively by injury, he still anchors a very good defense.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »

Offline clawlin

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
This trade makes zero sense for the Bucks.  If they are going to deal their top 2 players, they are going to want some offensive firepower in the players they receive.  They are an offensively challenged team and they will want to get better in that regard. I would not call Rondo and Jermaine offensive firepower.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 11:14:03 PM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
I don't like this trade for the Celtics. Jennings does not have championship blood running through him. He'll be a middle-of-the-pack starting PG for his entire career.

Bogut is amazing but his injuries have taken their toll on him and he has huge durability problems.

On top of that we're trading a prospect AND a 1st-rounder? I don't like it.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford

said it was a crazy idea from the jump a.
did you notice how much money deandre jordan just got?  now think what bogut is worth.

you really think rondo / jermaine / clips pick would do it for bogut, let alone bogut and jennings?

think about these trades for a little bit before you post them.
just an idea but the real question now should be

Y u mad bro?

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 11:25:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
a) theres no way Milwaukee does this deal.

b) I hate brandon jennings

c) Im not fond of bogut

d) did i mention i hate brandon jennings? No thanks!