Author Topic: building assets  (Read 7493 times)

Re: building assets
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I was under the impression that the age to enter the draft was raised from 19 to 20? That would seriously diminish the depth in the draft this year. Just saying.

That change was discussed but didn't make it into the deal.  It's still 19.

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I was under the impression that the age to enter the draft was raised from 19 to 20? That would seriously diminish the depth in the draft this year. Just saying.

no, they tabled that issue for now
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm not sure how you assume that Clipper pick is in the 20's now.  Nobody knows that.  For me, it could go either way.

For the Eastern Conference sake, they better hope Ainge doesn't get a 11-15 pick in a deep draft.
The most important thing right now is for them to not win their divison. Their only competition there are the lakers and maybe golden state. In order for them to miss the playoffs we need the southwest to be really strong. The Mavs, Grizzlies, Spurs and Rockets are all in that division. At least three of them need to make the playoffs. Then you've got the nuggets, jazz and okc in the northwest.

Here's the list of contenders:

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Mavericks
Grizzlies
Spurs
Rockets
Jazz
Nuggets
Thunder

That's 10 teams. We need the clippers to be in the 9-10 range to be an 11-15 pick, pretty much.

Hopefully Golden State can come away with Chris Paul or something.

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 02:58:20 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

no, they tabled that issue for now
Awesome, that's great to hear.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
That's pretty depressing ... to see that once oh so valuable Clippers pick being talked about as late lottery (11-14th) to now being in the early 20s.

Probably right too. Late teens, early twenties. Too bad.

Do not fear my friend!!!

This is the Clippers we are talking about so nothing is out of the realm of possibility...

But yeah...Clips are most likely making the playoffs this year with or without CP3

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm not sure how you assume that Clipper pick is in the 20's now.  Nobody knows that.  For me, it could go either way.

For the Eastern Conference sake, they better hope Ainge doesn't get a 11-15 pick in a deep draft.
Not sure that will scare anyone considering our core is running out of steam.

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118

The most important thing right now is for them to not win their divison. Their only competition there are the lakers and maybe golden state. In order for them to miss the playoffs we need the southwest to be really strong. The Mavs, Grizzlies, Spurs and Rockets are all in that division. At least three of them need to make the playoffs. Then you've got the nuggets, jazz and okc in the northwest.

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Mavericks
Grizzlies
Spurs
Rockets
Jazz
Nuggets
Thunder

That's 10 teams. We need the clippers to be in the 9-10 range to be an 11-15 pick, pretty much.

The shot is definitely there.  I don't see much difference in teams like:

Clippers
Jazz
Warriors
Rockets
Suns

They could be anywhere from 9-13, or maybe 1 jumps up and grabs the 7th or 8th seed.  Tough to call.  Still have to play the games so take it for what it's worth (practically nothing).

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Mavericks
Grizzlies
Spurs
Rockets
Jazz
Nuggets
Thunder

The shot is definitely there.  I don't see much difference in teams like:

Clippers
Jazz
Warriors
Rockets
Suns

They could be anywhere from 9-13, or maybe 1 jumps up and grabs the 7th or 8th seed.  Tough to call.  Still have to play the games so take it for what it's worth (practically nothing).

Portland will be in too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14