Author Topic: Lets get Jefferson and Millsap  (Read 1379 times)

Lets get Jefferson and Millsap
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Celtics get PF Millsap C Jefferson

Jazz get SG Bradley PF Garnett and 1-1st rnd and 1-2nd rnd this year and 1-1st rnd next year

Re: Lets get Jefferson and Millsap
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Celtics get PF Millsap C Jefferson

Jazz get SG Bradley PF Garnett and 1-1st rnd and 1-2nd rnd this year and 1-1st rnd next year

Can't leave yourself without 1st round picks in consecutive years.  Not that I'd do that deal.  Too much to give up for 2 guys that can't defend at KG's level.

I'd love to have them in addition to what we have but then again, I'd like to have the powerball jackpot too

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

Offline Liam W

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Id do that trade in a heartbeat. KG is crippling the team with his ridiclous $21million salary, sure its coming off the books next season, But i would trade now and bring back assets in return, the same for Allen + Pierce

I saw Jefferson when he was here the 1st time and he was pretty good, i think he is obviously much improved now though.

Millsap could be the starting 4 and Jefferson the 5

We trade KG to get a young PF + starting Center that we so badly need

Not a bad trade idea my man

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm not in love with this trade, but I'm not totally against it, either. Frankly, I wonder if we are giving up too many picks in the proposed deal, as those are two players (especially Jefferson) that the Jazz wouldn't mind shedding from their payroll.

Somewhere along the line Jefferson went from being a viable, potential NBA star to a good offensive player with no defense. I have nothing bad to say about Millsap, though. I'd be as happy with him as David West.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Trading Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett is what made us champions in the first place.  Trading back feels like giving up to me. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:23:24 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I like Milsap. I like Jefferson. But i think they've proven they are a BAD fit together on the same team. I would take one of them, and since Milsap has a salary we could trade for, I'd do JO+Bradley+#1 for him easy, and start him next to KG.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think Detroit made a smarter move when it signed Ben Gordon and Charlie "Cancerman" Villanueva in 2009.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference