Author Topic: Idea: Rondo for Bynum Trade  (Read 9547 times)

Re: Idea: Rondo for Bynum Trade
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I'd rather not have a big at all than to have Bynum. That thug is overrated. Id rather keep the team we have with JO at center, than to have that dirty bum defacing the good name of the Celtics. 

Yeah Bynum is more injury prone than JO...

I mean at least JO had a time period in his prime where he dominated with few injuries. Bynum is glass....a dirty punk made of glass. A glass punk.

That's saying something.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bynum is a top 5 center.
He's better than Marc Gasol, he's better than Nene.
In fact off the top of my head, the only center better than Bynum is Dwight Howard.

If Bynum became the only big man on his team he would be a 22/10 player every night quite easily.

He is an elite big and the Celtics are very lucky that he was injured in 2008.
I this kid weren't injured he would be a superstar.

Take off your green glasses. Can you imagine how good we would be with this freak in the middle?
Injuries always plague big men but he's been pretty healthy for a while now.
Dunno if I'd go for this particular trade but I'd think about it quite hard depending on his injury situation.
If you put him with Rondo I think we'd win a championship, and I hope Danny goes after him quite hard when he's a FA in 2014. If we don't get Dwight then we wait one year and go after this guy.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 07:17:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is pretty injury prone doesn't that hurt his elite status?   I think it does, Chambers.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
No
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
He is pretty injury prone doesn't that hurt his elite status?   I think it does, Chambers.

Yeah it definitely does impact his status because of the risk involved in playing him night in and night out.
But for me, skill wise he's still one of the best centers. I mean he stayed injury free for the last 6 months of last year right?
He hyper extended his knee in April but only missed one game because of that, and he missed barely any games once he returned to the court from the major knee surgery the season before.
He hasn't had a major injury since the 2010 playoffs when he was playing us (and crushing us) with one leg.
Take Gasol out of the middle and this guy is going from 11 points and 12 rebounds to quite possibly Kevin Love stats.
Combine this with someone like Rondo dishing him the ball (or Chris Paul in a bad nightmare) he would be a monster/perennial All Star.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 08:41:26 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I feel elite point guards are more valuable than big men. From the Celtics' standpoint, no, I wouldn't make this trade.

Do you mean elite big men? No way.

Elite bigs win championships, teams led by elite PG's historically do not.

If you mean elite PG's vs bigs with a pulse, then I agree.

O, and I don't consider Bynum an elite big.

Nah, I don't mean elite big men. Just big men in general. The Cs need a good one, but giving up Rondo to get, say, Chandler or Nene wouldn't be wise. For Howard, absolutely.

Bynum may be in the top 5 centers in the league talent-wise, but he's injured so often it makes a Rondo-for-Bynum trade risky. It's almost comparable to trading for Greg Oden.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would not make this trade because Bynum is not a star and always hurt.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Here is an idea......never trade with the Lakers.....ever. No matter what.

There have been at least three trades involving the Celtics and Lakers in NBA history.

December 27, 1977: The Boston Celtics traded Charlie Scott to the Los Angeles Lakers for Don Chaney, Kermit Washington and a 1978 1st round draft pick (Freeman Williams).

January 21, 1999: The Boston Celtics traded Travis Knight to the Los Angeles Lakers for Tony Battie.

August 6, 2004: The Boston Celtics traded Chucky Atkins, Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm to the Los Angeles Lakers for Rick Fox, Gary Payton and a 2006 1st round draft pick (Rajon Rondo).

In the last trade, the pick that became Rondo was later sent to Atlanta, who traded it Phoenix, who used it in a draft day trade back to Boston.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Obviously I love the Celtics and I'd learn to cheer for anyone who plays for the Celtics. It's been rare I've ever disliked a Celtics player. But I'd have to feel like I'd love the Celtics just a ""hair"" less if they had Bynum on our team.

Maybe some of you can't think of a better center other than Dwight Howard. Okay, that's fine. But for me, I can't hardly think of another player who I'd least like to see play for the Celtics more than Bynum. I'd much rather have a lot of other Lakers on our team before I'd ever want to snag Bynum. If my glasses are green colored, I'd just prefer to keep them that way. Kill me...

I'd just prefer not to see that thug on our team.

When you compare him to the great guys we now have and always have had that I look up to without a speck of shame...

Bynum just doesn't seem like a Celtic to me...

Just sayin... 
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Obviously I love the Celtics and I'd learn to cheer for anyone who plays for the Celtics. It's been rare I've ever disliked a Celtics player. But I'd have to feel like I'd love the Celtics just a ""hair"" less if they had Bynum on our team.

Maybe some of you can't think of a better center other than Dwight Howard. Okay, that's fine. But for me, I can't hardly think of another player who I'd least like to see play for the Celtics more than Bynum. I'd much rather have a lot of other Lakers on our team before I'd ever want to snag Bynum. If my glasses are green colored, I'd just prefer to keep them that way. Kill me...

I'd just prefer not to see that thug on our team.

When you compare him to the great guys we now have and always have had that I look up to without a speck of shame...

Bynum just doesn't seem like a Celtic to me...

Just sayin... 

That's a fair opinion.
I think at some point though you have to consider that he will probably grow up.
I mean when he put the shoulder hit on Barrea he was 23 years old. He just turned 24.

He's been third fiddle, plagued with injury that's never seen him be the player he has the potential to be, and that's extremely frustrating.
I feel he will calm down because he'll get older, wiser and his injury problems are probably behind him for the most part.

If they ship Pau out, and don't get Howard, he'll be the man on that team even with Kobe- he'll be the most important player.

he has acted liked a punk but remember he came into the league at age 17 and hasn't gotten to prove himself because of injuries and his awesome team.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 04:04:54 AM »

Kiorrik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYwuS0kfNN8

No way I'd want this guy in green.

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 07:05:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I rather see us get a solid full time player.  Bynum is good when he plays but he doesn't play a whole lot.  I think he has an ok skillset but benefits greatly in playing in a time where good bigs are rare. 

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Bynum is a top 5 center.
He's better than Marc Gasol, he's better than Nene.
In fact off the top of my head, the only center better than Bynum is Dwight Howard.

If Bynum became the only big man on his team he would be a 22/10 player every night quite easily.

He is an elite big and the Celtics are very lucky that he was injured in 2008.
I this kid weren't injured he would be a superstar.

Take off your green glasses. Can you imagine how good we would be with this freak in the middle?
Injuries always plague big men but he's been pretty healthy for a while now.
Dunno if I'd go for this particular trade but I'd think about it quite hard depending on his injury situation.
If you put him with Rondo I think we'd win a championship, and I hope Danny goes after him quite hard when he's a FA in 2014. If we don't get Dwight then we wait one year and go after this guy.

Where has Bynum ever led a team? Has he ever been better than the third best player on a title team?

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow. I wish I had a faster way to say no.

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't trust Andrew Bynum to stay healthy for an entire regular season, and I don't trust him not to do something on the court that's deemed detrimental to the team.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y

Exhibit C:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN9sncZ3PBw