Author Topic: Are you kidding me?  (Read 7173 times)

Are you kidding me?
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Logged on to the season ticketholder special pre-sale this morning to try to get some additional tickets. Put in for 2 for the Lakers' game. Came back with two available in the fourth row of balcony section 329 for $188 each. $188 for a balcony seat? No thanks. I think I finally realize the pro sports have now priced out the middle class.

Re: Are you kidding me?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow.  That is completely insane.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Logged on to the season ticketholder special pre-sale this morning to try to get some additional tickets. Put in for 2 for the Lakers' game. Came back with two available in the fourth row of balcony section 329 for $188 each. $188 for a balcony seat? No thanks. I think I finally realize the pro sports have now priced out the middle class.

Wow.  Yeah, the single game ticket prices are shocking.  

I mean, I don't blame the teams, because if people are willing to pay those prices, then the market really does compel them to charge them (just like it compels them to lower the prices when the demand drops).  But it really is shocking.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
The price for two loge seats for the Heat game, in section 20, $518. I have a half-season package, two seats (very good seats) and I think the seats are like $115 each. They are in section 10, Row 13. How can they charge so much for the individual games? Honestly, it is a total ripoff.

Day-by-day, I dislike professional sports more and more.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
And this is one of the things they write in the email that went out to season ticketholders: "Tickets start at just $10 and tickets for all Celtics home games during the 2011-12 season will be made available." Where are the $10 tickets, on the roof? Sorry, but these prices are outrageous.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I guess the positive spin on this is look at how much of a discount you get on your season tickets.  It's pretty easy to sell games at face value also because it is so much cheape than box office prices.

The presale was a joke; poor selction and high prices.  But if you really wanted an extra set for a friend to say the Knicks game at least you got first crack at it. 

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline Tommypointz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I can't believe that people will pay that.  Personally, I prefer watching a game on TV if not from the center loge areas

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
yeah man, it stinks.

i was a mini-season ticket holder last year for the bruins - the last refuge for "reasonably priced" tix in Boston...and then...well...

winning in boston will always bring out the hordes.  i used to complain about it all the time, but then i figured, if that's what you gotta put up with in exchange for a championship, then so be it.

PS

going to the B's game tonight.  had trouble finding seats for anything under $80...last row of the balcony.  Mind you, we're talking a Tuesday night game agains the Kings.  Utterly rediculis.  Me and my two buddies are going to just hit causeway street in an hour and find scalped tix insead.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Eh, I would rather the Celtics get that money than a scalper.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 05:04:31 PM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I tried getting tix to the Sunday game vs the Bulls (Feb 12th?). They gave me balcony section 309 row 11 for $80/ticket..not sure if that's a good price or bad price, I tried buying them but every time the server timed out or something happened because I kept getting an error. Needless to say I gave up and will probably be scouting stubhub in the future to see what I can find.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Eh, I would rather the Celtics get that money than a scalper.

edit: you would rather the celtics jeremy jacobs get that money than a scalper?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »

Offline chris_fanfeedr

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Definitely wait for game-day deals on Stubhub/elsewhere. Most of the reasonably priced tickets are gone before the general public even has access to them. Snatched up by season ticket holders and scalpers that can't or don't want to make it to all of their games.

About the ticket prices... tough to say how I feel. There's supply and demand but after $10, the next price up is around $55. That's ridiculous. Should have at least a few more sections with lower prices.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
And this is one of the things they write in the email that went out to season ticketholders: "Tickets start at just $10 and tickets for all Celtics home games during the 2011-12 season will be made available." Where are the $10 tickets, on the roof? Sorry, but these prices are outrageous.

They are the last row at the end of the balcony.  And They only make a minimum amount of them available to comply with NBA rules, that they have to have a certain number of cheap tickets.

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is exactly why I buy League Pass it's better view than I could afford seats.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I tried all the weekend games and couldn't score any of the cheap seats. It goes for $10 straight up to like $60 a seat  :-\