Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34376 times)

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Two new names in Tuesday's talks between Clippers and league officials representing Hornets: Mo Williams to Hornets and Trevor Ariza to LA

- Marc Stein

That would make sense for both sides.

I don't like it. Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza are toxic.

Ariza can't get into any rhythm offensively when he's forced to stand in a corner and wait for Chris Paul to do something.

The Clippers should trade Mo, or maybe Billups, somewhere else for a wing who is a better stand still shooter than Ariza is.

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Two new names in Tuesday's talks between Clippers and league officials representing Hornets: Mo Williams to Hornets and Trevor Ariza to LA

- Marc Stein

Ariza can't get into any rhythm offensively when he's forced to stand in a corner and wait for Chris Paul to do something.

The Clippers should trade Mo, or maybe Billups, somewhere else for a wing who is a better stand still shooter than Ariza is.

Billups is untradeable for the year as I understand it.

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

- Marc Stein

Billups is untradeable for the year as I understand it.
Ah okay, I didn't know that. Thanks.

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2011, 10:45:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

How about CP3 to LA, Pau Gasol to ATL and AL Horford to NOH?

Maybe LA uses that trade exception to take back some salary. Either from New Orleans or agrees to take Marvin Williams off the Hawks hands in return for them ponying up some extra draft picks.

I don't know, but the principles would be the three guys mentioned up top. 

something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ckhml8c

Doubtful that New Orleans would accept Josh Smith as the main asset in return for CP3. I actually thought Denver might have done so last year when trading Melo ... but not sure New Orleans do.

Fair chance they'd take Horford. Third team All-NBA last year. Big man. 25 years old. Tempting.

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

How about CP3 to LA, Pau Gasol to ATL and AL Horford to NOH?

Maybe LA uses that trade exception to take back some salary. Either from New Orleans or agrees to take Marvin Williams off the Hawks hands in return for them ponying up some extra draft picks.

I don't know, but the principles would be the three guys mentioned up top. 

something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ckhml8c

Doubtful that New Orleans would accept Josh Smith as the main asset in return for CP3. I actually thought Denver might have done so last year when trading Melo ... but not sure New Orleans do.

Fair chance they'd take Horford. Third team All-NBA last year. Big man. 25 years old. Tempting.

yeah, and Atlanta might go for the same trade that I linked only with Horford in place of Smith (they make the same salary). 

still, though, it's not as if josh smith is a bad player.  he's had some attitude issues, but he's still a great building block.  he has DPOY potential if he's put in the right situation with the right coach.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Became very real tonight that Lakers could focus on CP3 over Dwight and aim for CP3/Kobe/Bynum core thru Pau-centric offer to NBA's Hornets

- Marc Stein
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Became very real tonight that Lakers could focus on CP3 over Dwight and aim for CP3/Kobe/Bynum core thru Pau-centric offer to NBA's Hornets

- Marc Stein
The Lakers might have been seriously turned by Orlando demanding both Pau Gasol + Andrew Bynum.

It's possible that this report is right on the money. CP3 over Dwight so long as they can keep one of Bynum/Pau (I expect LA would prefer to keep A.Bynum given his age).

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Now the question is can the Lakers find a team with real young stars willing to give them up for Pau Gasol?

Pau Gasol is a win-now option, so you need a team with young assets that would be put over the top by adding Pau Gasol and has a young guy or two with All-Star potential.

Atlanta is one option.  Not sure where else.  Pacers?  Denver?  Having a hard time thinking of possibilities.  We know the Rockets want in, but they didn't have the assets necessary last time.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

- Marc Stein
The Lakers might have been seriously turned by Orlando demanding both Pau Gasol + Andrew Bynum.

It's possible that this report is right on the money. CP3 over Dwight so long as they can keep one of Bynum/Pau (I expect LA would prefer to keep A.Bynum given his age).
Dwight is about to say "peace out".  I don't see why Orlando doesn't welcome Bynum + picks.  Bynum is an extremely solid young big man in this league.

If not, LA should get another team involved and/or take in Hedo's contract and send out a much more movable Metta World Peace?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

- Marc Stein

Dwight is about to say "peace out".  I don't see why Orlando doesn't welcome Bynum + picks.  Bynum is an extremely solid young big man in this league.

If not, LA should get another team involved and/or take in Hedo's contract and send out a much more movable Metta World Peace?

Bynum can't stay on the court. Orlando can get MUCH better than a crap offer like that.

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2011, 12:17:01 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Pau Gasol for Jeff Green and Avery Bradley. Get it done.  ;)