Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34371 times)

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
He might be top 5, (I have him top 10 personally), but that's in a fairly shallow pool of SG talent right now in the league.

His overall talent is far far below CP3s.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's obviously not a trade between Eric Gordon and Chris Paul; there are some nice young pieces, a decent center and one hell of an unprotected draft pick. If we're talking about a full extension, then I would probably do the deal. Otherwise, I have my reservations.

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He might be top 5, (I have him top 10 personally), but that's in a fairly shallow pool of SG talent right now in the league.

yeah.  you're gonna pass up one of the best all-around point guards since Isiah for a 6'3'' shooting guard who isn't an elite athlete and doesn't play above average defense?  a guy who is primarily a really good outside shooter?  

i'm not big on putting a ton of value on a SG.  i wouldn't build a team around a SG, unless we're talking about an absolutely transcendent talent, and we don't have one of those in the league right now below the age of 30.

you get a chance to get a talent like chris paul on your team once or twice a decade . . . a lot less often than that if you're the freaking clippers.  you get the chance to draft a player like eric gordon once every few years, if you're drafting high.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's obviously not a trade between Eric Gordon and Chris Paul; there are some nice young pieces, a decent center and one hell of an unprotected draft pick. If we're talking about a full extension, then I would probably do the deal. Otherwise, I have my reservations.

you're entitled to your opinion.  i don't think that t-wolves pick will be higher than #5 (though admittedly that will be a good pick in this draft), and kaman isn't sticking around in LA anyway.  they're investing in deandre jordan. 

aminu and bledsoe are decent prospects, but those guys shouldn't absolutely not be deal breakers.  reasonable ceiling for those guys is solid starter on a decent team.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I've always found saying the underlined phrase is a backhanded way to say "you're clearly wrong".

Its all about elite talent in the NBA, usually you need two elite players to win it all. (rarely you can do it with 1 Mavericks with good pieces around them, or an ensemble cast Pistons Finals teams) If you get a chance for that elite talent you have to pull the trigger.

Chicago had lot of talent and pieces too five or six years ago, they had a chance to go get KG or Pau Gasol and look how that ended up.

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

I've always found saying the underlined phrase is a backhanded way to say "you're clearly wrong".

Its all about elite talent in the NBA, usually you need two elite players to win it all. (rarely you can do it with 1 Mavericks with good pieces around them, or an ensemble cast Pistons Finals teams) If you get a chance for that elite talent you have to pull the trigger.

Chicago had lot of talent and pieces too five or six years ago, they had a chance to go get KG or Pau Gasol and look how that ended up.

"you're entitled to your opinion" = i don't agree with you, but i recognize that this is an issue on which somebody else could reasonably have a different opinion than mine.

and yeah, it worked out okay for chicago, but that's because they got really lucky and got the #1 overall pick even though they were like the 10th worst team.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Edit: I misread the quote...   The report is saying that the league wants the 2012 unprotected first round pick, the three young players AND Gordon.  Basically, the league has to decide on either the pick or Gordon or the deals off.  Subsequently, neither side wants to budge so the deal is likely off.

Considering that Gordon's an expiring contract as well.  He shouldn't be the deal breaker for Los Angeles.  But, I can understand why the Clippers would frown at losing their starting shooting guard.  Still, you've to decline if you're the Clippers.

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Does the Billups signing mean Clips are out of the CP3 hunt? If so, then the fact Green "failed" his physical is interesting. I believe it means the deal is not officially done yet and he might be able to be signed and traded to say NO... Coincidence? Maybe... Maybe not...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: NBA officials and Clippers traded Chris Paul proposals into TUES night, but sources say Lakers back in hunt

ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

- Marc Stein

...and the saga continues.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

How about CP3 to LA, Pau Gasol to ATL and AL Horford to NOH?

Maybe LA uses that trade exception to take back some salary. Either from New Orleans or agrees to take Marvin Williams off the Hawks hands in return for them ponying up some extra draft picks.

I don't know, but the principles would be the three guys mentioned up top. 

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Second idea = offer Pau Gasol to NJ for Brook Lopez and use B.Lopez to get to C.Paul

Third idea = something to do with Tony Parker and the San Antonio Spurs

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Two new names in Tuesday's talks between Clippers and league officials representing Hornets: Mo Williams to Hornets and Trevor Ariza to LA

- Marc Stein
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Maybe LA uses that trade exception to take back some salary. Either from New Orleans or agrees to take Marvin Williams off the Hawks hands in return for them ponying up some extra draft picks.

that's an interesting idea.  hawks need to be in win-now mode with that horrible joe johnson contract.  i think they'd rather give up josh smith than horford though (smith is a malcontent in atl). 

i really doubt the nets would consider parting with Lopez until they are sure they are out of the running for Dwight.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Two new names in Tuesday's talks between Clippers and league officials representing Hornets: Mo Williams to Hornets and Trevor Ariza to LA

- Marc Stein

That would make sense for both sides.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ckhml8c

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

i really doubt the nets would consider parting with Lopez until they are sure they are out of the running for Dwight.
Yeah, what type of feedback they are getting from Orlando would be important.

Also, Nene staying in Denver. That's a blow. Made a lot more sense with Deron + Nene + Pau. No impact FAs left on the market now to help a Deron plus Pau combo. So this idea takes a major hit.