Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34284 times)

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 06:37:11 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Terrible deal for the clips. Wolves won't be bottom 5, Kaman is just an expiring, Aminu was really bad last year and Bledsoe is a combo guard. What a pity

aminu showed a lot of promise though; he flashed some true talent at times.  the wolves won't be bottom five, but they'll still be bottom ten.  that pick they got will be a top 10 lottery pick, and their own pick will very likely be a top 5 lottery pick -- especially if they can get rid of some of their more capable role players.

the hornets will have two picks in the top 10 in the upcoming (incredibly stacked) draft, and could make moves to get a few picks later in the first round or early in the second round. 

kaman is a solid center (actually an all-star two years ago) who is technically in his prime and on an expiring deal.  it's very likely the hornets can get a pick or some sort of low level prospect if they flip him to a team that can use his services (e.g. the celtics).

i think it's a very good deal for the hornets.  they don't add any long term salary (except for rookie deals), they guarantee that they'll be really bad this year, and they give themselves a surefire second lottery pick that is likely to yield a very productive player.

if the hornets get a combo like anthony davis and harrison barnes out of this deal to pair with bledsoe and aminu, this trade will definitely be considered a very good one.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Never mind.  I was wrong...   I guess Paul won't be traded until New Orleans is sold or he simply plays out this season.  

Wow.

My feeling was that this would've revitalized the in state rivalries between the Lakers and Clippers and Knickerbockers and Nets.  However, now Howard is changing his mind about being traded out Orlando.  What's going on...   ???

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Reminds me of this:

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Never mind.  I was wrong...   I guess Paul won't be traded until New Orleans is sold or he simply plays out this season.  

Wow.

My feeling was that this would've revitalized the in state rivalries between the Lakers and Clippers and Knickerbockers and Nets.  However, now Howard is changing his mind about being traded out Orlando.  What's going on...   ???
Sadly for Paul, even if he plays out season, he probably has no chance of a sign and trade for a better contract with the league taking such an interest in limiting his options.

The biggest loser in this though is the Hornets, who are being forced to pass on good trades. They will be a horrible team next year when CP3 bolts.

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Seems like the NBA is trying to resuscitate this deal. If I'm the Clippers, though, I almost just tell them to not even bother. I'm VERY high on Eric Gordon and the Minny unprotected pick.

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline bagwell368

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Seems like the NBA is trying to resuscitate this deal. If I'm the Clippers, though, I almost just tell them to not even bother. I'm VERY high on Eric Gordon and the Minny unprotected pick.
hopefully, then we can jump in!

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 05:35:10 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

meh.  id give up 2 eric gordons and 2 minnie picks for a chance to get the best pg in the league who hasn't even gotten into his prime years yet.  especially if im the GM of a franchise that has been historically hapless.  the clips have never had two players as good as paul and griffin. 

also, the clips have to consider that they aren't just trading to get chris paul.  they're trading to help keep blake griffin.  get chris paul and blake almost certainly stays, and you can probably say the same about chris paul.

the clips should be willing to give up anybody on their team not named blake griffin.  get chris paul, put him with blake griffin, and build from there.  that's a duo you can build around for years to come.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford

Besides the fact that Chris Paul said he doesn't want to go to Boston, with how greedy Stern is (and the offers already rejected), I doubt you get it done.

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Besides the fact that Chris Paul said he doesn't want to go to Boston, with how greedy Stern is (and the offers already rejected), I doubt you get it done.

yeah, at this point, cp3 must have his heart set on LA, one way or another.  i can't imagine he'd have much motivation to play a year out in boston.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford

meh.  id give up 2 eric gordons and 2 minnie picks for a chance to get the best pg in the league who hasn't even gotten into his prime years yet.  especially if im the GM of a franchise that has been historically hapless.  the clips have never had two players as good as paul and griffin. 

also, the clips have to consider that they aren't just trading to get chris paul.  they're trading to help keep blake griffin.  get chris paul and blake almost certainly stays, and you can probably say the same about chris paul.

the clips should be willing to give up anybody on their team not named blake griffin.  get chris paul, put him with blake griffin, and build from there.  that's a duo you can build around for years to come.

You obviously don't watch many Clippers games. Eric Gordon is probably a top-5 shooting guard in the league who is also very young and who never had a serious injury, except for a small wrist injury last year. It's a good thing a franchise doesn't entrust you with their team.

Also, just FYI, I believe I heard a rumor that their GM promised Gordon that they wouldn't trade him.

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

yeah, at this point, cp3 must have his heart set on LA, one way or another.  i can't imagine he'd have much motivation to play a year out in boston.

Does it really seem like Stern cares what CP3 wants though? I kind of feel like Stern doesn't want to send him to a place he wants to go too. Would rather get value for him and not let him dictate where he is traded to at the same time. I could be wrong though.

The best deal we could offer at the moment though would likely be CP3 and Jarrett Jack to Boston for Rondo, Jermaine, Bradley, and as many picks as we are allowed/willing to give them. They would reduce their cap figure by 4 million this year and even more then that next year.

As far as I can tell, that is the best offer we can provide at the moment.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

meh.  id give up 2 eric gordons and 2 minnie picks for a chance to get the best pg in the league who hasn't even gotten into his prime years yet.  especially if im the GM of a franchise that has been historically hapless.  the clips have never had two players as good as paul and griffin.  

also, the clips have to consider that they aren't just trading to get chris paul.  they're trading to help keep blake griffin.  get chris paul and blake almost certainly stays, and you can probably say the same about chris paul.

the clips should be willing to give up anybody on their team not named blake griffin.  get chris paul, put him with blake griffin, and build from there.  that's a duo you can build around for years to come.

You obviously don't watch many Clippers games. Eric Gordon is probably a top-5 shooting guard in the league who is also very young and who never had a serious injury, except for a small wrist injury last year. It's a good thing a franchise doesn't entrust you with their team.

Also, just FYI, I believe I heard a rumor that their GM promised Gordon that they wouldn't trade him.

top 5 shooting guard in the league, that's nice.  you know what's better?  #1 point guard in the league.  unless you think eric gordon is going to become kobe bryant, you trade him for paul without blinking.  you don't win championships by having the most guys who are arguably top 5 at their positions.  you win championships by having one or two guys who are the very best at their position.  do you believe eric gordon is a player who can take over a playoff series?  a player who makes everybody around him better?  unless you do, you trade him for cp3 in the blink of an eye.  

sure it's a risk, but you've got to take risks.  building a great team in the nba is about having the very best top 2-3 players that you can.  it's about getting superstars.  you trade any number of lesser stars for even one of those guys.

and who cares what the GM promised?  since when does that sort of thing matter? 

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He might be top 5, (I have him top 10 personally), but that's in a fairly shallow pool of SG talent right now in the league.

His overall talent is far far below CP3s.

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
What doesn't make sense to be are the conflicting reports that I've read on the matter.

I'd read that the proposed trade failed due to the league asking for Eric Gordon as well as the three players.  Before, I read that the league wants either the 2012 unprotected first round pick or Eric Gordon in addition to the three aforementioned players.  However, what doesn't make any sense is that the first round pick was said to have been already included.

In accordance to Rotoworld...

The Chris Paul trade is dead thanks to the Hornets/NBA asking for the Clippers Top 5 trade assets in return.

The Clips were asked to part SG Eric Gordon, Minnesota's first-round pick, Chris Kaman's expiring contract, young F Al-Farouq Aminu and PG Eric Bledsoe. It's not surprising the Clippers said forget it.

David Aldridge reports that the Hornets have to choose between Eric Gordon and the unprotected 2012 T-Wolves first round draft pick in a trade for Chris Paul.

This is an interesting development. If accurate, the league has a pretty big decision to make about the future of the Hornets. Gordon has an injury history and is slated to hit restricted free agency next season, while the first-round pick would be with the Hornets well into the future. This won't be the last we hear about the Paul trade rumors.

According to Ken Berger's sources, while the NBA/Hornets still hope to move Chris Paul to the Clippers and re-engage the deal, the Clippers have moved on and are saying "it's over."

This is more in line with the original story that broke this morning, but the NBA was apparently just trying to keep hope alive. The Hornets/NBA were asking for just too many pieces in return for Paul, and it appears the Clippers are done negotiating.