Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34383 times)

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Clippers are close to deal for Chris Paul with Hornets

@reallisa

Link
Eric Gordon isn't in the deal. It's just the Minnesota draft pick.

wow, clippers are stacked.  paul + gordon + griffin + jordan is a good group moving forward.  though they won't have any picks in the upcoming draft unless for some reason they're a bottom 10 team (unlikely).
Championship caliber core

Just need to get them a few quality role players to fill out the rotation / roster.

yeah, i think they'll be a lower seed playoff team this year, but in a couple years, watch out.

starting lineup for this year will be paul - gordon - butler - griffin - jordan, though, and that's pretty darn good.  key backups are mo williams, gomes, foye, and maybe craig smith.  not too shabby.

oh man, i think the clippers just became my 3rd favorite team behind the celtics and the thunder.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 02:59:28 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

@reallisa

Link

wow, clippers are stacked.  paul + gordon + griffin + jordan is a good group moving forward.  though they won't have any picks in the upcoming draft unless for some reason they're a bottom 10 team (unlikely).

Just need to get them a few quality role players to fill out the rotation / roster.

Yeah, they'll have a very good starting lineup if this deal goes through. CP3, Gordon, Butler, Griffin, Jordan (if Clips match)...that's solid.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
as for the hornets, matt moore said it best:

HPbasketball Hardwood Paroxysm
Bledsoe-Bellinelli-Aminu-Kaman-Okafor. YUP, THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ANTHONY DAVIS.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2011, 03:03:41 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

@reallisa

Link

wow, clippers are stacked.  paul + gordon + griffin + jordan is a good group moving forward.  though they won't have any picks in the upcoming draft unless for some reason they're a bottom 10 team (unlikely).

yeah, i think they'll be a lower seed playoff team this year, but in a couple years, watch out.

starting lineup for this year will be paul - gordon - butler - griffin - jordan, though, and that's pretty darn good.  key backups are mo williams, gomes, foye, and maybe craig smith.  not too shabby.
Oh wow, Caron Butler, I had forgotten about Caron Butler. And they kept Mo Williams.

That is two big pieces to their supporting cast right off the bat. Just need a couple of backup wings and they should be able to find adequate guys for the minimum. The backup bigs will need some work though.

One quality backup big and a pair of quality minimum contract wings and that is Championship Contender right now! Not in a few years time. Now. This season.

They could win the West ... scary.

Clippers playing for a title, pigs flying ... Armageddon? 

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 03:10:18 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

@reallisa

Link

wow, clippers are stacked.  paul + gordon + griffin + jordan is a good group moving forward.  though they won't have any picks in the upcoming draft unless for some reason they're a bottom 10 team (unlikely).

starting lineup for this year will be paul - gordon - butler - griffin - jordan, though, and that's pretty darn good.  key backups are mo williams, gomes, foye, and maybe craig smith.  not too shabby.
Oh wow, Caron Butler, I had forgotten about Caron Butler. And they kept Mo Williams.

That is two big pieces to their supporting cast right off the bat. Just need a couple of backup wings and they should be able to find adequate guys for the minimum. The backup bigs will need some work though.

One quality backup big and a pair of quality minimum contract wings and that is Championship Contender right now! Not in a few years time. Now. This season.

They could win the West ... scary.

Clippers playing for a title, pigs flying ... Armageddon?  

if / when the clips win a championship at long last, what do you think will happen?  will there be an explosion of liberated native spirits or something?

i think we're all jinxing this . . . what you wanna bet griffin's other patella disintegrates sometime this season?

in other news, that 2012 clips pick we got probably won't be worth much.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Bledsoe-Bellinelli-Aminu-Kaman-Okafor. YUP, THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ANTHONY DAVIS.

Actually, as I think about, the New Orleans Hornets might not be that bad a team. Lottery squad, definitely. But they may finish outside the bottom five. I think they could win the high 20s (or equivalent of for a 66 game season), maybe even break 30 wins with a bit of luck.

They should trade Jarrett Jack and Trevor Ariza for expiring contracts + future late first round picks respectively. That will go a long way to damaging their team further.

Also, Okafor, is there a way they can dump him? Any ideas on that front?

Move those three guys and New Orleans will be playing for the worst record in the league. Should finish in the mid to high teens after that.

Edit: Hmm, imagine for a second if they re-signed Carl Landry (v.unlikely, cross purposes). C.Landry would fit in nicely in that big man rotation alongside Chris Kaman and Emeka Okafor. That team should beat 30 wins (82game season).

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Haha you gotta luv it the Lakers give up and lose there glue guy in Odom all because of Paul, and they don't even land him.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 03:30:46 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Actually, as I think about, the New Orleans Hornets might not be that bad a team. Lottery squad, definitely. But they may finish outside the bottom five. I think they could win the high 20s (or equivalent of for a 66 game season), maybe even break 30 wins with a bit of luck.

They should trade Jarrett Jack and Trevor Ariza for expiring contracts + future late first round picks respectively. That will go a long way to damaging their team further.

Move those three guys and New Orleans will be playing for the worst record in the league. Should finish in the mid to high teens after that.

what team is worse than that one?  the kings?  the bobcats?

i would guess kaman gets flipped first; he's on a 1 year contract and it shouldn't be hard to move him to a contender for a pick or something.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2011, 03:34:42 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

what team is worse than that one?  the kings?  the bobcats?

i would guess kaman gets flipped first; he's on a 1 year contract and it shouldn't be hard to move him to a contender for a pick or something.
is there anyway we can get Kaman for a year?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 03:40:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

what team is worse than that one?  the kings?  the bobcats?

Bah, lost my post ... yeah, Bobcats are my pick for worst team in the league.

I also have Minnesota, Cleveland and Toronto in that bottom five. Then teams like Washington, Sacramento and that New Orleans squad.

Bit early still, have a better idea when the rosters are settled in two weeks time.

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

what team is worse than that one?  the kings?  the bobcats?

Bah, lost my post ... yeah, Bobcats are my pick for worst team in the league.

I also have Minnesota, Cleveland and Toronto in that bottom five. Then teams like Washington, Sacramento and that New Orleans squad.

Bit early still, have a better idea when the rosters are settled in two weeks time.

i know it's going out on a limb, but im expecting adelman to make the t-wolves better than bottom 5.  shocking i know.

bobcats, cleveland, and toronto are all good picks for being among the very worst, though.  i think washington will be better simply because j-wall will improve (though they haven't exactly put a lot of talent around him).

if new orleans can flip a couple of jack, ariza, okafor, kaman to other teams (any would have value on a contender), then they'd be right down there at the bottom.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 03:44:13 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
PG – Jarrett Jack, Eric Bledsoe
SG – Marco Belinelli, (unknown)
SF – Trevor Ariza, Quincy Pondexter
PF – Chris Kaman, Aminu
C  – Emeka Okafor, (unknown)
Some tough minded veterans there with Jack, Ariza and Okafor. Kaman and Okafor together could be interesting.  Not so horrible.

A couple of decent low level rotation guys in Bledsoe, Pondexter and Belinelli.

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 03:48:07 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
PG – Jarrett Jack, Eric Bledsoe
SG – Marco Belinelli, (unknown)
SF – Trevor Ariza, Quincy Pondexter
PF – Chris Kaman, Aminu
C  – Emeka Okafor, (unknown)
Some tough minded veterans there with Jack, Ariza and Okafor. Kaman and Okafor together could be interesting.  Not so horrible.

A couple of decent low level rotation guys in Bledsoe, Pondexter and Belinelli.

yeah, you're right, they need to find some teams to take on kaman, okafor, ariza, and jack.  then they'd REALLY be awful.

i wish the c's could wedge themselves into this deal somehow . . . maybe give the clippers pick back to them, or to new orleans, in exchange for taking on JO and then having kaman get flipped back up our way.  we could actually use kaman. 

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
If Paul, Griffin, Gordon, Butler and Jordan and a decent bench (one that already includes Trey Thompkins) aren't enough to clinch a playoff spot in 2011-2012, then this trade was a disaster.  Now all they need is for the league to approve the trade and for Minnesota to be awful as usual.  Done and done.

You've to believe that Paul in Los Angeles and Dwight Howard in Brooklyn are good for California and New York.  That is, it gives the Lakers real competition in the Pacific division and the Knickerbockers competition in the Atlantic division.

New Orleans did well for themselves as well.

Eric Bledsoe (eighteenth pick in 2010)
Al-Farouq Aminu (eighth pick in 2010)
Chris Kaman (sixth pick in 2003) Expiring contract
2012 first round pick - First choice: Harrison Barnes, Second choice: Anthony Davis, Third choice: Perry Jones

If Boston could somehow acquire Kaman from New Orleans...

The Clippers would send the Hornets center Chris Kaman, backup second-year guard Eric Bledsoe, second-year forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick they got from the Minnesota Timberwolves that is unprotected in the 2012 draft, considered to be one of the best in recent years.

What may actually help the Clippers get the deal done are the young players involved and a potential top-flight draft pick.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20111212,0,2925892.story

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »

Offline bagwell368

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Terrible deal for the clips. Wolves won't be bottom 5, Kaman is just an expiring, Aminu was really bad last year and Bledsoe is a combo guard. What a pity