Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34381 times)

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It would certainly put the lakers offer to shame and make Stern look good, so I think it's going to happen.

What's with the talk that this deal would hurt the celtics because the clippers pick would end up being not very good? I think if anything it helps us a lot because it makes sure that we get the pick this year in a very deep draft, whereas without CP3 the pick may very well end up in the top ten and we don't get it this year. With CP3 it's certain to be out of the top 10 but not a very late pick, so that's great for us.

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
@chris_broussard

Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

LAC willing to add Gordon 2 deal if Paul commits 2 "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs

That is a HUGE haul. This probably puts us out of the running for good. Even if LAC tells NO how crazy this offer is, all we can really offer them is Rondo and picks.

this doesn't sound like a good deal for either the Clips or CP3. that team is gonna be pretty mediocre losing all that talent getting CP.

I'm just frustrated that we can no longer include Jeff Green in CP trade proposals.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
@chris_broussard

Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

LAC willing to add Gordon 2 deal if Paul commits 2 "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs

That is a HUGE haul. This probably puts us out of the running for good. Even if LAC tells NO how crazy this offer is, all we can really offer them is Rondo and picks.

Is one of those first rounders the Timberwolves pick? If so, it's a great haul.

If not, it's a pretty lousy deal.

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
It would certainly put the lakers offer to shame and make Stern look good, so I think it's going to happen.

What's with the talk that this deal would hurt the celtics because the clippers pick would end up being not very good? I think if anything it helps us a lot because it makes sure that we get the pick this year in a very deep draft, whereas without CP3 the pick may very well end up in the top ten and we don't get it this year. With CP3 it's certain to be out of the top 10 but not a very late pick, so that's great for us.

yeah, the cp3 deal ensures we get two first round picks in the 2012 draft, one most likely in the 11-15 range.  that's one upside to missing out on paul, i suppose.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

yeah, the cp3 deal ensures we get two first round picks in the 2012 draft, one most likely in the 11-15 range.  that's one upside to missing out on paul, i suppose.

that and the lakers and knicks don't get him either, so this great for the celtics if this deal goes down

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Anyway we can jump in and get Kaman? They already have Mek

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
@chris_broussard

Let's assume the pick isn't the Twolves pick, and it's instead Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe, and two #1s

You would consider that "pretty lousy"?  Why so?  What other young players as good as Eric Gordon are the Hornets going to get? 

As I see it, the Hornets would be getting a star (although not a superstar), two B-level prospects, two #1s (likely mid-to-late), and a center on a large expiring contract who could be potentially flipped to other teams.

To me, that's about as fair of a deal as can be asked for, if the goal is to rebuild around young players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

@chris_broussard

Let's assume the pick isn't the Twolves pick, and it's instead Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe, and two #1s

You would consider that "pretty lousy"?  Why so?  What other young players as good as Eric Gordon are the Hornets going to get? 

As I see it, the Hornets would be getting a star (although not a superstar), two B-level prospects, two #1s (likely mid-to-late), and a center on a large expiring contract who could be potentially flipped to other teams.

To me, that's about as fair of a deal as can be asked for, if the goal is to rebuild around young players.
Rajon Rondo - far superior to E.Gordon.

Eric Gordon, is at best, a borderline All-Star level prospect. Nothing you can build a team around. If he is your best player, you're looking at a 20-25 win season.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

not sure how that would work financially, but it's an interesting idea.  give up a pick or something to the Hornets, maybe send bradley out to LA and have the clippers take on the last year of JO's contract.  basically what we were trying to do with the david west trade with the clippers as the 3rd team taking on JO.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:39 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

not sure how that would work financially, but it's an interesting idea.  give up a pick or something to the Hornets, maybe send bradley out to LA and have the clippers take on the last year of JO's contract.  basically what we were trying to do with the david west trade with the clippers as the 3rd team taking on JO.

Absolutely. That would be fantastic.

Paging Mr. Ainge. Mr. Ainge?

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

not sure how that would work financially, but it's an interesting idea.  give up a pick or something to the Hornets, maybe send bradley out to LA and have the clippers take on the last year of JO's contract.  basically what we were trying to do with the david west trade with the clippers as the 3rd team taking on JO.

Absolutely. That would be fantastic.

Paging Mr. Ainge. Mr. Ainge?

im just not sure about the financial side of it.  i tried to make it happen in the trade machine, but im just not sure who on our roster is actually tradeable right now.  maybe roy can help us out and tell us if it's even a possible idea or not.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Rohan_Cruyff Rohan
REPORT: Chris Paul Wants To Be a Clipper and Will Reportedly Opt In to 2013 Season: sbn.to/sHHDRi

sounds to me like Chris Paul is gonna be a Clipper.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Rohan_Cruyff Rohan
REPORT: Chris Paul Wants To Be a Clipper and Will Reportedly Opt In to 2013 Season: sbn.to/sHHDRi

TP for beating me to it.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Rohan_Cruyff Rohan

It's from Bucher, who is not so trustworthy in my eyes, but that's a lot easier to live with. The Clippers have a legitimate package to offer the Hornets, unlike Houston and LAL.

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Rohan_Cruyff Rohan

It's from Bucher, who is not so trustworthy in my eyes, but that's a lot easier to live with. The Clippers have a legitimate package to offer the Hornets, unlike Houston and LAL.

yep.  he gets to make lakers fans feel sick every time they see him playing at the staples center in the wrong uniform.

sounds good to me.

also means the clippers are even more fun to watch.

- Doc Rivers